Sign in to follow this  
Ketts Rebel

Supertitious ?

Many players do things they believe will give them luck..... but what about us supporters?

Do you do anything, wear anything etc.  to bring us luck on match day....how did it start, how long have you done it, and does it work ! ? 

Lucky green pants.No, they seldom work.Also I always go in the same turnstile.That doesn''t work either.

I was away touring last season during the unbeaten run. Wife would wear the shirt to bed the night before we played games coincidentally during the run. Funnily enough she started to forget, and then it only worked on nights she didn''t wear it. Stevie was so right...

I got my NCFC mug for a cup of tea when listening to matches on the radio, with mixed results.

My lucky scarf  - which I bought as we entered League 1,  was with me all the way to the Premier league, I then swapped it with a Celtic fan at the pre-season game in Glasgow. Things have not been the same since.

[quote user="Ketts Rebel"]

I got my NCFC mug for a cup of tea when listening to matches on the radio, with mixed results.

My lucky scarf  - which I bought as we entered League 1,  was with me all the way to the Premier league, I then swapped it with a Celtic fan at the pre-season game in Glasgow. Things have not been the same since.

[/quote]
Binner[;)]
My scarf is about ten years old. Its not lucky, it just smells a bit.

[quote user="Ketts Rebel"].........there must be some lucky blankets in the river end ? [/quote]
I bet they properly reek[+o(]

A few years ago ( I believe when we were in the lower ranks ) there were certain posters extolling the benefits of wearing red underpants on match day. There''s got to be a few pairs still hanging around. Come to think of it, why are they called a "pair of underpants?" Or are they, and am I remembering something ( again ) that never was. I think I''ll go and have a lie down.

I, like Morty, used to enter via the same turnstiles week after week when I had a season ticket. Obviously it did not work as we never went on a undefeated streak for that whole time....... However, I was too scared to change it in case that was the game we got thumped...

[quote user="Robert911"]I, like Morty, used to enter via the same turnstiles week after week when I had a season ticket. Obviously it did not work as we never went on a undefeated streak for that whole time....... However, I was too scared to change it in case that was the game we got thumped...[/quote]
Yeah same here lol.
Based on no logic whatsoever!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Robert911"]I, like Morty, used to enter via the same turnstiles week after week when I had a season ticket. Obviously it did not work as we never went on a undefeated streak for that whole time....... However, I was too scared to change it in case that was the game we got thumped...[/quote]
Yeah same here lol.
Based on no logic whatsoever!
[/quote]Ha ha. The lack of logic is scary. I would have felt an irrational guilt if going through a different turnstile had been the catalyst for the players to suddenly decide they were going to have a bad day. I''m sure they were all sitting round in the changing rooms and saying "we''re alright today lads, Rob has gone through the normal turnstile......."

My superstition started last season and I try to do it as often as I can and that is bring my misses to the games. Our record when I bring her so far is 5 wins and 4 draws and 0 defeats, which is brilliant.

Hazza, screw everyone else''s nonsensical voodoo. Your''s actually works. It''s science!

I bought my buddy a Norwich jersey a few years ago. He often works Saturdays so couldn''t wear it after a string of good results,and ee lost. He started wesring it under his regular shirt snd good fortune returned. Not 100% like Hazza but a pretty solid return to think there was a connection.

Promotion mad wearing the jersey to work impossible last season but he was able to watch the game this past Saturday, his first live tv viewing of the season and we got our mojo back!

Not really a superstition but I have always said "come on boys" the very second i put the shirt onSomething my dad always says and something I carry on as well!Even if it''s 5 hours before the game!

Count the Club Cabbage buses on an away day, even numbers for a win, odd for a defeat.

Never really got round to thinking something up for a draw.

When I say odd I mean the numbers of buses not what gets off them, that''s way beyond just being plain old odd.

"Yeeeee Hawwww"

At home games and just before the staged ''intro'' and final lines of  ''On t'' ball Citeee!'' are completed.....I smear a tablespoon of Colman''s mustard on my tongue.....I then gorge four large yellow peppers (seeds, stalks an'' all) followed two large unwashed green cabbages (stalks, caterpillars, soil an'' all) before I sit on top of a sugar beet......Then I swig from a litre bottle full of cabbage water.....My fellow supporters that sit amongst me applaud my commitment.....

Till I start breaking wind.....  

Mello Yello wrote the following post at 13/11/2013 9:28 AM:

At home games and just before the staged ''intro'' and final lines of ''On t'' ball Citeee!'' are completed.....I smear a tablespoon of Colman''s mustard on my tongue.....I then gorge four large yellow peppers (seeds, stalks an'' all) followed two large unwashed green cabbages (stalks, caterpillars, soil an'' all) before I sit on top of a sugar beet......Then I swig from a litre bottle full of cabbage water.....My fellow supporters that sit amongst me applaud my commitment.....

Till I start breaking wind.....

Lol

That''s outstanding commitment, bet you enjoy it really.

Superstitious? Very superstitious. Writing''s on the wall!

I''m not superstitious. However I have some friends that are, which affects me (not NCFC related).I work for a US company based in Kansas City. I made a trip over there about a month back, and as part of the trip, I went to go to an NFL game. Most of the people I work with are KC Chiefs supporters, so in an effort to learn a little more about the game before going, as well as give me something to talk about with my colleagues, I''ve started watching KC games from the start of this season.Since I have been watching them, I have yet to see them lose, My work mates now think I''m the lucky reason why (which is of course b**licks). This will be tested this coming weekend, as KC have a night game (starting 2am here) and much to my colleagues disgust, will probably not watch the game.If they lose (which they play the Bronco''s, who are very good, so there is a good chance they will) it will all be my fault in their eyes.

no superstitions at all im afraid, used to always have to leave at Exactly the same time (to the second!) to walk to games but thats not been possible for a few years since moving a couple of times!

when I used to play I would always untie and retie my boot laces before going onto the pitch....

Wore same pair of strides starting with Arsenal (H) and wore for next 10 games. Didn''t wash but only wore on match days the we played Villa. Was going to wear on Saturday to revive the magic however ran late on Saturday evening coudn''t wear them. But result proves trousers are not magic, but will wear Saturdays trousers for next game.