Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Elliot Bennett

http://www.norwichadvertiser24.co.uk/news/norwich_city_star_s_2_800_remembrance_day_donation_1_2988603

Hope he recovers soon. He''s just typifies everything that''s good about NCFC. Perfect role model.

[quote user="ron obvious"]http://www.norwichadvertiser24.co.uk/news/norwich_city_star_s_2_800_remembrance_day_donation_1_2988603

Hope he recovers soon. He''s just typifies everything that''s good about NCFC. Perfect role model.[/quote]Yeah saw this on twitter the other day, maximum respect to the man.

[quote user="ron obvious"]http://www.norwichadvertiser24.co.uk/news/norwich_city_star_s_2_800_remembrance_day_donation_1_2988603

Hope he recovers soon. He''s just typifies everything that''s good about NCFC. Perfect role model.[/quote]
Absolutely Ron. Top guy.

Ron, for some reason that I''m not quite sure of I loved Elliot Bennett from the day he arrived. When he has played, regardless of how his performance turned out in a particular game, he always gave me the impression he was putting his best effort forward. This might not be everyone''s cup of tea ( or even Elliot''s for that matter ) but I would love to see him coached to become a solid right back. Just have a vision of him and Ollson being our speedy backs prepared to race down either flank to interchange with the forwards. 

Was devastated when he got injured because he was one of the best players against Everton and finally started to look confident of using his pace to take people on and his deliveries are usually top notch. I honestly thought he would have kept Snoddy out in the next match too against Hull but obviously the injury stopped that. Just hope he comes back with fire in his belly and gets his chance. Bit of consistency like Howson now and he could be a great weapon for us

Just read in today''s Evening News about Elliott B''s generous donation of £2,800 to Help the Heroes and the British Legion as a result of his message to Twitter followers.   What a great gesture but not the sort of story about a footballer the media would usually publish as it doesn''t fit the stereotype!   He wasn''t limping last week so hopefully his injury is much better.  It was so disappointing for him when he made such a great start to the season. 

Fair play to him.

IF he''s paid £15k a week then half of it will go to the taxman, his donation is about 35-40% of what''s left, that''s a sizeable donation whatever you earn so hats off to him, a lovely gesture.

I can''t believe some morons on Twitter gave him abuse for it.

Pathetic.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Fair play to him.

IF he''s paid £15k a week then half of it will go to the taxman, his donation is about 35-40% of what''s left, that''s a sizeable donation whatever you earn so hats off to him, a lovely gesture.

I can''t believe some morons on Twitter gave him abuse for it.

Pathetic.[/quote]
Really?
He takes a lot of crap from people on there, including recently from a certain banned poster.
I really dont get it.

My previous post wasnt having a go at Benno.

Fair play to him.

It was more of an overall comment showing my annoyance at celebs/footballers etc asking for donations (i know thats not what Benno did) from people when they''re earning millions...

Yeah Morty, he was getting abuse for his donation.

Basically because he asked for retweets (which helped raise awareness of help for heroes, he included their twitter link in the tweet) and people were having a go, with such fantastic quotes as:

"You earn fucking loads, just donate it anyway"

"Attention seeking twat"

Etc etc. I literally hate people so much.

[quote user="hogesar"]Yeah Morty, he was getting abuse for his donation.

Basically because he asked for retweets (which helped raise awareness of help for heroes, he included their twitter link in the tweet) and people were having a go, with such fantastic quotes as:

"You earn fucking loads, just donate it anyway"

"Attention seeking twat"

Etc etc. I literally hate people so much.[/quote]
Some of our "fans" truly embarrass me.

Can''t confirm if they were NCFC fans or not but a quick glance at the 1st page of threads on this forum back up Mortys point regardless, and i''ve said it enough times in the past two weeks.

Not that any other clubs fans are any better - I mean look at West Ham who came down. I am clearly hugely detached from society because the West Ham mob that trashed a cup cake stall, in my opinion, should be shot in the forehead and problem solved.

I was meaning to make a more general point. Even if every single person who gave Bennett abuse for a charitable act was a Norwich fan, it wasn''t because they were a Norwich fan (well, they are more likely to follow and tweet Bennett...) its because people in general are lame/stupid/silly/pointless. ;)

[quote user="hogesar"]Can''t confirm if they were NCFC fans or not but a quick glance at the 1st page of threads on this forum back up Mortys point regardless, and i''ve said it enough times in the past two weeks.

Not that any other clubs fans are any better - I mean look at West Ham who came down. I am clearly hugely detached from society because the West Ham mob that trashed a cup cake stall, in my opinion, should be shot in the forehead and problem solved.[/quote]
No, that seems fair enough to me[Y]