Sign in to follow this  
morty

Booing your team.

Snoddys words on it, I tend to agree with him.

Step forward Robert Snodgrass – a man who missed the lowest points of City’s double-drubbing in Manchester, and who spelt out how he sees the fans’ reactions of recent weeks following Saturday’s victory.

“The fans have let out their frustrations over the last month, but I think they’ve done it at the wrong times,” he said. “When the boys are playing well, I think you should appreciate what they’re doing because we’re working so hard on the training ground to put things right.

“Cardiff was one of those times – the keeper was man of the match, and we’re getting booed. I thought we were different class in that game. And then with the booing, the players start to think ‘are we doing the right thing here?’ – that’s when you need the characters in the changing room to say we’ve got to keep believing, keep doing what’s got us joy.

“We’re going to go through ups and downs. This is the Premier League – all teams do. Chelsea are having a few indifferent results at the moment. When it’s like that, the fans have to stick with us because when you step on to a park, you don’t ever mean to do a negative. Everything you try to do is positive. Everybody tries to have a good game. Everybody tries to do well individually, and then collectively as a team. Nobody steps out to lose. It doesn’t make sense.

“So we’re all trying as best we possibly can. Sometimes it doesn’t work – and that’s when we need the fans to keep believing and stick with us, because we are an honest bunch.”

Let me guess wiz, you were poised to start a thread on this article, but with a negative spin on it, and I stole your thunder?
Lol.

“First half on Saturday, express your frustration – because obviously it wasn’t good enough,” added Snodgrass. “The fans were on our back and we deserved that because we weren’t at the races. But when we’re doing things right, like against Cardiff and the second half against West Ham, stick with us – and they did that on Saturday. It was a great night for everyone involved.

Just for the sake of balance, and he is right, who can argue with that?

I don''t think I will ever understand the point of booing your team, particularly at half-time. Even if the first half was very disappointing, surely you should try and encourage the players to come out swinging for the second half? How does booing help that? I

[quote user="morty"]Lol Wiz, do you boo at your computer screen?

[;)]

[/quote]

How''d you guess?[:D]

Seriously, what got my goat, he uses Chelsea to support his case, as if we can be compared to them.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"]Lol Wiz, do you boo at your computer screen?

[;)]

[/quote]

How''d you guess?[:D]

Seriously, what got my goat, he uses Chelsea to support his case, as if we can be compared to them.

[/quote]
Yeah comparing one premiership whose results the fans are frustrated with and whose fans have made their feelings known, to another premiership team. Yeah, thats pretty off the wall[Y]

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"][quote user="morty"]Lol Wiz, do you boo at your computer screen?

[;)]

[/quote]

No because he''s deaf and dumb...

Apparently. [:|]
[/quote]

Idiot!............I can still boo.................and fart.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Coming from a player whos form and commitment have been in question this season it''s quite brave of him to come out with such comments.[/quote]

Commitment? Seriously?

That he wasn''t at his best early doors seems a fairly widely accepted fact but his commitment? One thing nobody can level at Snodgrass is that he doesn''t leave it all on the pitch. He never hides and always puts a shift in, irrespective of whether he''s "on it" or not.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Coming from a player whos form and commitment have been in question this season it''s quite brave of him to come out with such comments.[/quote]

Has his commitment been in question?

I fully respect Snodders and what he said is on the money, not that I have booed any team and manager since Roeder! I don''t really boo, but I believe that the overall your are a customer paying to view the performance and if you feel it isn''t up to what you expect, then you have a right to show express that.

I don''t remember much booing at the Cardiff game, actually at the end I and those around were applauding the efforts! I think some at the snake pit started with you don''t know what your doing at Hughtons sub''s but I thought the majority of the crowd were behind the team that game!

West Ham first half was poor and again there was some booing but this is less than we have had in the past here......jesus he should have been here 8 years ago!

In general I agree with Snodders, it''s not proactive for the team and only motivates the away team and fans more! Stop booing, you horrid lot :-)

I''m another who would never boo my team. I think that there''s a minority who will, for whatever reason, but for me, to do so when your team is lacking confidence after two bad beatings is beyond understanding to me, as are the mindless ''you don''t know what you''re doing'' chants. It happens at all clubs, but why is still beyond my comprehension.

How anyone can question Snoddy''s commitment is beyond me. He wasn''t at his best early does but his commitment can surely never be in doubt.

I''ve never, ever, booed my own team, and I never will. It''s hugely counter-productive. I find it utterly embarassing that players are having to make comments like this about our support.

I really hope the players realise that those who boo are a small noisy minority and the boo''s are aimed towards the management team out of frustration, and that the vast majority of fans believe in the players and are right behind them.

Proof, if any was needed, that you don''t watch games - if you''re questioning Snodgrass'' commitment.

[quote user="Indy"]

I fully respect Snodders and what he said is on the money, not that I have booed any team and manager since Roeder! I don''t really boo, but I believe that the overall your are a customer paying to view the performance and if you feel it isn''t up to what you expect, then you have a right to show express that.

[/quote]

That''s a very strange way for a supporter of our beloved team to view themself Indy, and I''m not trying to start an argument..Surely no true supporter would classify themself as a customer, even if they are sometimes having to pay vastly inflated prices to witness some below par performances, and should back their team through thick and thin.I would suggest that the players themselves would be the first to recognise when they have''nt done the business and booing them has got to be vastly counter-productive and to be avoided at all costs.

Is there a more dedicated player at Norwich than snoddy?

Ruddy?

Guys taken two fairly horrible blows to the head for the cause recently, he has my upmost respect and support.

Agree Orford. If i was to try and quantify how much I spend on football and how much it is value for money, well I just dont think I could, football just cant be looked at in such terms.
It would be like saying, well if i pay my 45 quid and go and see arsenal I shall be getting better value for money, so thats what I shall do.

Agreed Morty, you can''t justify the (money spent) comparison with other things in your life sometimes. It''s something in the blood I guess. I would never boo, I would defend my team as much as I could (For crying out loud, I even tried to defend 2 or 3 of the Man City goals, that shouldn''t have been for whatever reason, but finished off by saying that it was still a beating!)

I will not think of the value for money too deeply, on occasions, as it would seem to clinical, and once you start that in your life, then it will lead down a rocky road! I can afford what I can, and that is how I want to spend my money, but I will never boo my team.

Very surprised Snods commitment has been called into question - that''s nonsense and a weird thing to say!. Just hope the players realise that the vast majority of us wouldn''t dream of booing our team, and are fully behind them. Indy pointed out about the ''when customers are not getting their monies worth'' or so, and although I understand where he''s coming from, I think anyone who buys a ticket should buy one realising that indifferent displays are part and parcel of supporting your club unfortunately, you can''t buy a ticket expecting a guaranteed blockbuster performance, these are human beings no matter what they''re paid and sometimes the other team is just simply better or more lucky on the day. I may put my pennies into NCFC but I''ve never looked at it from the ''being a customer'' point of view, ever - I''m a supporter, the last thing I''m thinking about at a match is my wallet, NCFC is a far bigger priority to me! Win with them, lose with them, but wouldn''t dream of booing and therefore being hugely responsible for draining their confidence - we should be here to build it!.

Football is based on entertainment friends, I don''t like the fact and I agree, I don''t value what I spend to follow norwich but the bottom line is if we were to go down the leagues to the point of non league I''m pretty sure over time people would say sod, this for a game of soldiers and our crowd would be down.

Sky only pay big money because it is an entertainment business, people will pay to premiership games and I liken this to fans too, if they are not happy then they have the right not to come to games, not buy season tickets and I suppose boo if they see fit. Considering that the players get more in a week than most fans in a year I think they do need to be careful of what they say in ther press. That said I agree with Snodders, but unlike the saints on here, I have to say I have booed my team in the past, Roeder and his utterly rubbish players who were only here for the money.

How can you boo or complaine as long as the team gives their all in 90 minutes, we can lose win or draw as long as they put in a shift no one can boo at the results in my book.

The "I''m a customer and I pays me money" thing gets me every time

You are supporting a football club, not buying a sofa.

[quote user="Buh"]The "I''m a customer and I pays me money" thing gets me every time

You are supporting a football club, not buying a sofa.[/quote]

^

THAT.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

Commitment? Seriously?

That he wasn''t at his best early doors seems a fairly widely accepted fact but his commitment? One thing nobody can level at Snodgrass is that he doesn''t leave it all on the pitch. He never hides and always puts a shift in, irrespective of whether he''s "on it" or not.

[/quote]

Yes. He hardly covered himself in glory for west hams goal did he? Looked like he couldn''t be bothered to defend. Still spends too much time winging about decisions rather than just getting on with it. I like snoddy he''s just been very poor this season. Hopefully his goal against west ham can kick start his season because he was very good last season.