Sign in to follow this  
Al

A Norwich Penalty?

Now that young Master Warnock has got his apology from the ref about the Flem penalty claim, wasn''t there a valid Norwich claim for a penalty? It was in the first half, I think about 35-40 mins, when Brennan was brought down in their box. The people around me all felt it was a penalty, but nothing has been said about it since the match - presumably because we won! Even so, it is annoying to see Colin bleating away when we had, in my opinion, a ''dead cert'' (his words, not mine). So, did anyone else see this Brennan incident, and, if so, what did you make of it?

Hello, yes I saw it, as did most of the people in the barclay (upper) around me. I even thought it was more of a shout than the huckerby challenge which I felt also had merit. It seemed Brennan had his feet taken away before the utd player got the ball but as the ref (I say ref, some kind of imposter I think) was behindthe whole incident i guess he must have just seen a physical challenge with the ball running off, and over for a goal kick. Shame..

Good point, i think we had two claims i''m not too sure about the candians pen cos it may just of been a case of players coming together. Huckerby also had one he surged into the box and mccall stuck his leg out no attempt to the play the ball and hucks went down. People have been suggesting that hucks is a diver i am not going to enter this debate. However from what i saw of the replays i think it was a pen a lot more than the tonge incident was. Huckerby is a honest pro and when he wasn''t given it he was furious so that suggests that it was a prn, otherwise ehy would he appeal.

i think the huckerby one was a pen , but it is obvious now , that short of someone cutting his legs off with a hacksaw , there is no way he will win us a pen again this season . too much bad press has made sure of that .

Are we sure that the ref did apologise to warnock, and its not Warnocks way of stopping the growing feeling in Sheffield that he has had his day. Lets hope we dont have to deal with him again

If I remember rightly the Ref apologised to Rob Green after the Rotherham game for allowing their 3rd goal (foul on Keeper) but I dont recall nigel bleeting on about how that could have changed the result our boys just got stuck in a came away with a deserved point!!!!

The referee apologised to Robert Green after allowing Rotherhams third goal. That could also have affected the final result. Some you win Mr Warnock, some you lose

Who gives a damn?!!!, we won end of story. I thought this was a pretty pointless thread anyway Alan, sorry, just enjoy the moment. Now the Wimbledon game, thats another matter. I have an awful feeling in my water about this one.

Wimbledon 1 City 0. I bl**dy well know it, just call it wizards intution!!.

chill out wiz, they hardly have a squad to chose from and all their best players have left. i''ve put on another post about how we have a habit of losing games like this as we all know but i feel pretty secure in this one. We could be the final nail i their coffin -
3-0 city maybe more...

Yeah, sorry Wiz, I guess this is a pointless thread. I was just cheesed off at how Warnock feels his team always get the (non)decisions, and then when we have some valid penalty claims, they go without a mention. But you''re right, we won, three points in the bag, so no need to worry. Also, the Wimbledon game could be a banana skin, but I hope that the Bradford game dispelled any complacency the lads had about playing teams at the bottom of the division. So don''t worry - too much!

Allan

I haver to agree with Wiz on the first point (But not the second - another Derby coming on there) - we have had seasons and seasons of bad luck so it''s about time we had things go our way. Warnock is wasting a lot of time and energy looking back when he should be concentrating on getting his team promoted - which is exactly what Worthy''s done since the play-off final. That''s why we''re top of the league, Mr Warnock, and you aren''t.

Wizard,
Don''t worry it will be alright on Sat as I will be there to cheer them to victory.Besides Wimbledon are not sure yet they will have enough players to put a team out.I was reading in the EEN tonight that they have lost 11 players since Aug 03,unbelievable isnt it?
My prediction 3 - 1 victory for us!

What about the Huckerby challenge on their dodgy keeper?
50/50 ball if ever I saw it, but just cos he rolled over like a wuss Darren got booked.
If he doesn''t want to be tackled like an outfield player he should stay in his box.

Herb

huckerby wasnt a penalty he went over to easy
as i sit in the "river end" we couldnt see but to me it looked like his legs were takern out
on Radio norfolk it said Brannan and Francis ran into each other :S ????????????

I was talking to a Burnley supporter the other day , chatting about the Sheff Utd match, When he stated how hated Warnock is in the football world up north. He is apparently a serial whinger .I didn`t like the aftermatch comment he made of Norwich`s "direct Approach" _also implying our football that we play is 10 years out of date. I personally hope that he misses out on the playoffs on the last day of the season by an own-goal ,deep into injury time!- What A T"!"*&*!"!sser!