Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Easy quiz

One question only how many former City players have gone on to become international managers (countries that is)names and country ?

ps could you hold fire until 9.30 or so before putting up answers so other can have a go as well, ta

pps it''s a test of how well you know the club not how well you know your way round Google

[quote user="City1st"]One question only

how many former City players have gone on to become international managers (countries that is)

names and country ?

ps could you hold fire until 9.30 or so before putting up answers so other can have a go as well, ta

pps it''s a test of how well you know the club not how well you know your way round Google

[/quote]

That being the case, City 1st, how about telling everyone how you arrive at the answers. Not trying to spoil your fun....just curious.

oooopsshould have been ''former City managers''no excuses .................apologies to all

[quote user="spudgfsh"]I know all the right answers but you''re asking the wrong questions....[/quote]

I was being facetious and correct at the same time.... Who knew!

Worthy

Bryan Hamilton

Aage Hareide

If ex coaches and Assistant National managers also counted there would also be Sprowston born Pert. (google him if you''ve not heard of him - well worth a read!)

all three have now been namedso as with Cluedo it''s just a case of picking the right three

with apologies to young master nutty who I inadvertently misled - such is the hazards of being far too clever, minor details can get easily overlooked(the burden of being a genius I''m afraid)

Well if it''s former managers then the are 4 answers.

Martin o Neil

Bryan Hamilton

Nigel Worthington

David Williams (he had caretaker spells for both City and Wales)

LOL.. no harm done City 1st. My Worthy''s a winner[Y]

Flecky 76 for me. ''cept I didn''t think Williams was caretaker here?

the adjudicator has ruled against mr flecksterwhilst David Williams was a manager of NCFC for one game as caretakerhe was only asssitant caretaker for the welsh teamharsh I accept, but if we let this slip then where will we be ?anarchy, that''s where and anarchy should not be part of any quiz

incompetence yes, but not anarchy

I''m sticking up for Flecky because I thought Williams was caretaker for Wales after Mike England left.

What game was he caretaker for us? This old duffer needs reminding!

Williams was caretaker on the final day of the 1991-92 season. We lost 1-0 away to Champions Leeds Stringer had resigned the week before after confirming safety following a 1-1 home draw against Wimbledon (in front of a knocked down Barclay End!)

Thanks flecky! I have always wished that Williams got the job permanently but have a feeling he didn''t want it. Can''t blame him but I reckon he was our best coach of all time.

Williams was an interesting one. He was player manager at then Div 4 Bristol Rovers at the age of 29/30. A family friend who supported a lower league team actually said at the time that he would make a great player for Norwich. Coincidentally, we then signed him 2 weeks after that conversation! He played a key role in getting us promoted in 1986, then also in finishing 5th in the top flight in 1987. And yes, as you say then went onto be a fantastic assistant manager for us. He also assisted at Leeds, Everton and Man Utd.

He''s now assistant manager at Doncaster, so good to hear he is still involved in the game.

cheers fleckyI believe Williams was in charge against Yugoslavia (or assistant)and despite the ''joke'' well spotted

ps does a caretaker boss perform duties that caretakers have elsewhere

http://www.comedy.co.uk/images/library/comedies/180x200/p/please_sir.jpg

perhaps someone has expertise in these matters

a mere technicality dear boy

however

how many Norwich City managers went on to be international managers or were international managers before they managed Norwich City.................. or maybe assisted either position before (or after they joined) Norwich City

Not counting Norwegians

that should cover it ................... I hope

[quote user="City1st"]a mere technicality dear boy

however

how many Norwich City managers went on to be international managers or were international managers before they managed Norwich City.................. or maybe assisted either position before (or after they joined) Norwich City

Not counting Norwegians

that should cover it ................... I hope

[/quote]

😀

Martin Hunter who was caretaker manager before the appointment of Peter Grant has managed England U19''s. [:D]

More questions than answers from me I''m afraid.

Was the "new" Barclay up and running and ready for the first game of the next season?

I don''t have any recollections of this scenario.

Any pictures of the lack of a Barclay stand anywhere?