Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

Norwich Eye Mikael Boman

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2504397/Stoke-City-chase-Youssef-El-Arabi-Norwich-eye-Mikael-Boman.html

Norwich City are keen on Swedish striker Mikael Boman. The 25-year-old has scored nine goals for Halmstads this season. Norwich may look for a deadly striker to partner Ricky van Wolfswinkel up front

Poor Becchio will never be given a chance.

This guy''s career history makes him look like a downgrade on Becchio. 
I would have hoped that we are setting our sights higher - even for squad players.

Somebody will come in January to allow Becchio to leave.

If we make any big signings I can see it being a centre back.

[quote user="Le Juge"]Somebody will come in January to allow Becchio to leave. If we make any big signings I can see it being a centre back.[/quote]

A ''Number 10'' is what Norwich really need - if the attempts to sign Quagliarella (haven''t written that in a while) were genuine then it seems Norwich are prepared to spend big in that position.

[quote user="Le Juge"]Somebody will come in January to allow Becchio to leave.

If we make any big signings I can see it being a centre back.[/quote]
My mate who is a boro fan would love becchio. Not sure how much it is about the player, or pissing off dirty leeds though!

[quote user="Le Juge"]Somebody will come in January to allow Becchio to leave. If we make any big signings I can see it being a centre back.[/quote]

Biggest joke I heard on Saturday was, Now sit down before you read this on Sat I was told Chris Hughton has been given a £35mil boost on top of what  he had left from the summer budget,  Now this was from a share holder or so he said,  

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

A ''Number 10'' is what Norwich really need - if the attempts to sign Quagliarella (haven''t written that in a while) were genuine then it seems Norwich are prepared to spend big in that position.

[/quote]

Was saying the same thing to some friends in the pub yesterday, could it be our first 8 figure signing?

[quote user="pete_norw"]

Biggest joke I heard on Saturday was, Now sit down before you read this on Sat I was told Chris Hughton has been given a £35mil boost on top of what  he had left from the summer budget,  Now this was from a share holder or so he said,  

[/quote]

Which bit was the joke? The amount presumably...amazing what you can find down the back of the sofa...[;)]

[quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

Which bit was the joke? The amount presumably...amazing what you can find down the back of the sofa...[;)]

[/quote]

The amount, But if the club wants to stay in this league that''s what we will need to do so I suppose the joke isn''t that funny 

[quote user="Le Juge"]Somebody will come in January to allow Becchio to leave.

If we make any big signings I can see it being a centre back.[/quote]
Do we need somebody to come in to allow Becchio to leave? He has not played so we are hardly going to miss him. Hughton''s preference seems to be to play one up top and we have three strikers, so unless he is going to start playing two regularly then is cover needed. We also have the option of giving one of the youngsters a chance rather than taking a punt on somebody who looks a long shot to cut in the premiership.
Priority signings for me would be a number 10, a defensive midfielder or a centre back.

Boman was unknown to me. According to Wikipedia, he is not a prolific scorer, - his Icelandic striking partner has a higher goals to games ratio. Perhaps at 25 he can still develop, and our scouts see potential in him.

His agent has confirmed that an (unidentified) EPL has shown interest, and that could well be us. At 6ft 2 inches he is tall enough to be a possible target man and support striker.

If we are the interested club, then it''s good to get in early. We certainly need someone else among the strikers currently.

I am with Bethnal  - rather than a striker the key role that was not filled in the number 10,  which was Quag and what feels like a temp solution with Elmander not quite fitting.    Quite who the new target would be for that position is I am not sure - but that spark of creativity remains a priority for me - as an option for Howson.

A centre back is teh next must buy - again the club have stated it was the one position that they did not succeed in buying for in the summer - that need still exists.

And if we do sell becchio a replacment seems prudent - but not essential.  

Beyond that its improving what we have,  (ie a def mid for cover for tettey) which is usually a summer activity

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The amount, But if the club wants to stay in this league that''s what we will need to do so I suppose the joke isn''t that funny 

[/quote]

The cost of keeping up with the Jones''s and that''s a bare minimum....when you think that we spent in one transfer window a sum greater than that of the debt that hung round our necks when we hit League One is scary really.

To the person above who asked whether a #10 could be our "first eight figure signing".

I''d be gutted if it was, because we need a top top quality centre back - somebody of Alderwiereld''s stature.

He has gone to Atletico Madrid for £6m, we need to spend similar on a top drawer defender.

If we were to spend £10m then it is obvious that the kitty would then be empty.

People are living in a dreamworld if they think we will spend anymore than £10m in January in total.

£5m each on a CB and #10 if we get both. We can stop thinking about £10m signings until next summer at least.

We aren''t going to go out and spend eight figures on a number 10 so an unknown is probably what we shall expect.

Surprised how many people are automatically assuming that this Boman player is rubbish though, been a lot of very good relatively unknowns plucked out of Scandinavia. Steen Nedergaard was one of them.

Mikael Boman is a #10 by the way, so if he is our new #10 then so be it.

Perhaps he is a very good player.

Le Juge wrote the following post at 13/11/2013 12:39 PM:

"If we were to spend £10m then it is obvious that the kitty would then be empty."

I don''t think so. If we had got Alderweireld and Quagliarella/Toivonen in the summer the combined fee would be well over 10m. Stands to reason that we have this amount or more left to spend.

[quote user="Le Juge"]Mikael Boman is a #10 by the way, so if he is our new #10 then so be it. Perhaps he is a very good player.[/quote]

People in Sweden don''t think he is that good. Never been considered for the national team (which is crying out for new blood). Not even regarded the best striker in the Swedish leagues. It''s a story fabricated by the players agent as they enter contract negotiations with the club, only the Daily Mail would even bother reporting such a non-story.

Le Juge wrote the following post at 13/11/2013 12:39 PM:

"....we need a top top quality centre back - somebody of Alderwiereld''s stature.

He has gone to Atletico Madrid for £6m, we need to spend similar on a top drawer defender."

£6m down the drain, we dodged the bullet there.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Le Juge"]Mikael Boman is a #10 by the way, so if he is our new #10 then so be it. Perhaps he is a very good player.[/quote]

People in Sweden don''t think he is that good. Never been considered for the national team (which is crying out for new blood). Not even regarded the best striker in the Swedish leagues. It''s a story fabricated by the players agent as they enter contract negotiations with the club, only the Daily Mail would even bother reporting such a non-story.

[/quote]

Yup. Clear agent talk.

I think we''ll spend next to nothing in January. Maybe a winger in on loan like James Troisi but that''s it.

Actually just did a bit of research and found out he went to Melbourne victory in which he''s scored 5 out of 5...

Can''t see us getting a winger in at this point - CH is clearly willing to give Murphy a chance and I think he''s done well enough so far to show he can do a backup job, and hopefully Benno will be back before the end of the season. Would imagine Becchio will want out and will be allowed to go, with a loan signing brought in as cover - probably either a decent youngster from one of the top clubs (someone like Zaha on loan until the end of the season wouldn''t surprise me, he needs games and we''re probably the level he needs to be playing at) or an experienced player who isn''t getting as much pitch time as he''d like. The bulk of money as people say will go on a CB and/or a no.10. I''d be very happy with that outcome to be honest - We have a good squad, just needs a little reinforcement and some improved confidence (maybe coming back after West Ham?) and more tactical nous (fingers crossed Hughton has finally figured out a better style of play - whatever was said at half time on Saturday clearly worked...)

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]a huge joke on you if you are daft enough to believe that Hughton simply spends a budget given to him as he sees fittransfer either way are conducting through the board with the managers input considered as part of many other views

perhaps Bechio may do a Simon Lappin and sit out this manager and come good under the next manager