Sign in to follow this  
grefstad

Norwich interested in Per Ciljan Skjelbred (26)

Talk surfaces in Germany about Norwegian midfielder Per Ciljan Skjelbred (ex Rosenborg) moving during the January window.

He is playing for Hertha Berlin now (7th in Bundesliga), is on loan from Hamburg, but several clubs now want him after he has done well on loan at Hertha.

Apparantly a Premier League club is keeping tabs on him.

I am fairly confident this club is Norwich.

Skjelbred is a friend of Alex Tettey, having grown up with, and played with him in Rosenborg.

He is an energetic midfielder, but suffered a horrific leg break in a Champions league game vs Olympiakos in november 2005, and took a while to get back in the game.

His form suffered, but he has fought his way back, and is still only 26.

Very good engine, running tirelessly all match, good vision and more than decent technique. Can tackle, and not afraid of getting stucked in, despite his ample frame. Not a threat at long range shooting, but can pass very well. He does not possess a big frame, and may look a bit light.

For me, he is not a top player, but probably one in a bracket of players which Norwich feel they can afford.

I would say he would be a squad player, but an definitive upgrade of players like Fox, Johnson, Buttefield, etc.

So let me get this right.......It is rumoured that a Norwegian who is on the books of a German club but out on loan at another is being tracked by a Premiership club and because he is friends with a fellow Norwegian who just happens to play for Norwich you have put two and two together and come up with five ? [:|]

So because we missed out on Toivonen we''ve decided to go for someone who looks exactly like him.

Would love to near Norfolk people try and say his name, so I say lets sign him!

We should just sign a team of players with difficult names. We''d be on Sky every week so they could come interview the old ''normal for norfolk'' folk. Could probably create a reality TV show out of it...