Sign in to follow this  
BOO

Pilks

I sorry guys but as a critsism of Hughton this is amongst the weakest I''ve seen.

Did he take your lunch money and kick over your sandcastle as well? He is literally the antichrist to some isn''t he?

Must try harder D-

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Morty, Pilkington was right in front of where I sit and he was asking to come off for at least 15 minutes as he was an absolute passenger. Nothing was done even after Neil Reynolds massaged his leg with somesort of cream on the touchline right in front of Hughton who took no notice at all. Everybody around me was screaming at Hughton to get him off but maybe you did not see or hear that where you sit ?[/quote]

He was actually asking to come off for 15 minutes?

And Hughton and the medical staff ignored it for 15 whole minutes?

Is that really how it happened?

Pilkington is an important player for us, and I''m sure the playing staff would do everything they could to patch him up so he could carry on, but ignore him for 15 minutes when he says he can''t carry on? Nah, I find that a bit unlikely.
[/quote]

Morty I was five yards away and YES IT DID HAPPEN.

[/quote]

Sorry still not buying that he was asking to come off for a full 15 minutes, and it was ignored by football and medical professionals.
[/quote]

I am a liar then. [:@] Morty just accept you are wrong before you end up calling me a bellend or dick because I know I am spot on about this.

[quote user="morty"]Lol, if thats what you think you saw, and thats your take on it, fair enough[Y]
[/quote]

It is not what I thought I saw it is what actually happened. Me and dozens of others around the home dugout witnessed Pilks having words with Hughton/ medical staff indicating he could not go on. Some punters even got to their feet flapping their arms around and screaming at Hughton to get him off. Would you like me to paint you a picture because believe it or not Hughton does not have God like status whare he can do no wrong ?

Then again I may be accused of having an agenda.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="morty"]Lol, if thats what you think you saw, and thats your take on it, fair enough[Y][/quote]

It is not what I thought I saw it is what actually happened. Me and dozens of others around the home dugout witnessed Pilks having words with Hughton/ medical staff indicating he could not go on. Some punters even got to their feet flapping their arms around and screaming at Hughton to get him off. Would you like me to paint you a picture because believe it or not Hughton does not have God like status whare he can do no wrong ?

Then again I may be accused of having an agenda.

[/quote]Well if thats how it happened I guess we need to add "Cruel and unfeeling" and also "willing to risk further injury to players, despite them pleading to come off" to the big bag of Hughton sticks[Y]

Its a rare event Warren, and they have feel pretty angry to risk the blankets falling off!

Oh look the cavalry has appeared.    [:D]

Were you at the game Warren if so maybe you could give your take on it ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]I don''t need any cavalry[:)]I am sure you are entirely convinced in the interpretation of what you saw, but the fact remains, you have no idea of what actually happened in Hughtons head, do you?Yes, Pilks was given a chance to run off his knock, and its super easy to say it was too long, given hindsight.But football and medical professionals leaving an injured player on after he has pleaded to come off? For a full 15 minutes?I find that a bit unlikely.

I was having a go at the time watching the match thinking that once again he was more concerned protesting about a decision rather than tracking back, you just dont get the right view of these things if you are not in the ground. That said, I thought he was certainly actively involved in the game with little or no sign of the injury less than 15 minutes before he came off, it probably felt like 15 minutes if that''s all some fans were focussed on, as somehow time has a way of slowing down in these sorts of situations. That said, I am sure that the management would have been monitoring the situation and gave him as long as they possibly could to run it off, as they like us know how important he is to the team when we are on the offensive, took a small risk with him....that''s all.    

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]I was having a go at the time watching the match thinking that once again he was more concerned protesting about a decision rather than tracking back, you just dont get the right view of these things if you are not in the ground. That said, I thought he was certainly actively involved in the game with little or no sign of the injury less than 15 minutes before he came off, it probably felt like 15 minutes if that''s all some fans were focussed on, as somehow time has a way of slowing down in these sorts of situations. That said, I am sure that the management would have been monitoring the situation and gave him as long as they possibly could to run it off, as they like us know how important he is to the team when we are on the offensive, took a small risk with him....that''s all.    [/quote][Y]

Just to reiterate the point that Pilks injury may not be that bad, as he was not listed among the injured players for the Irish international v latvia on Friday. If it was a knock to the hamstring as some have suggested then it wouldnt have exacerbated the injury by trying to run it off.....it may even have been of some benefit. I''ve seen with my own eyes, players recover and continue, once given a bit of time.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

No, wasn''t there. Been ill all week and in any case it was my sisters turn to go, but then you know all that, don''t you? So what are you trying to prove?

Oh!!! You''re playing the "I''m the better fan" card are you? Dearie me, waving that truncheon around pretending yours is biggest....

Anyway, my take on the game? I thought we won 3-1. Poor first half where we were overrun in midfield, better second where we started defending higher, restricting the space for them to operate in and somewhat negating the numerical disadvantage. Once we got level we played with more confidence and fluency and were deserved winners in the end.

There you go.

Nice to see you don''t let your Hughton Out agenda get in the way of rational thought and over react to jokes about inactivity in the City Stand...

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Morty, Pilkington was right in front of where I sit and he was asking to come off for at least 15 minutes as he was an absolute passenger. Nothing was done even after Neil Reynolds massaged his leg with somesort of cream on the touchline right in front of Hughton who took no notice at all. Everybody around me was screaming at Hughton to get him off but maybe you did not see or hear that where you sit ?[/quote]

Pilkington is an important player for us, and I''m sure the playing staff would do everything they could to patch him up so he could carry on, but ignore him for 15 minutes when he says he can''t carry on? Nah, I find that a bit unlikely.
[/quote]

Most annoying Tilly isn''t it when you know something as a fact and are called a liar because they didn''t see or hear it for themselves.

You have my deepest sympathy[:D]

[/quote]

Sorry still not buying that he was asking to come off for a full 15 minutes, and it was ignored by football and medical professionals.
[/quote]

I am a liar then. [:@] Morty just accept you are wrong before you end up calling me a bellend or dick because I know I am spot on about this.

[/quote]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Most annoying Tilly isn''t it when you know something as a fact and are called a liar because they didn''t see or hear it for themselves.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

Try again , this website get''s worse!!

Till1010

I am a liar then. Morty just accept you are wrong before you end up calling me a bellend or dick because I know I am spot on about this.

I don''t think you will ever find Morty accepting he is wrong! he is far more likely to become abusive!

[quote user="Vanwink"]Till1010

I am a liar then. Morty just accept you are wrong before you end up calling me a bellend or dick because I know I am spot on about this.

I don''t think you will ever find Morty accepting he is wrong! he is far more likely to become abusive![/quote]

Amen to this. He''s a bit of a prat sometimes.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Vanwink"]Till1010

I don''t think you will ever find Morty accepting he is wrong! he is far more likely to become abusive![/quote]

Amen to this. He''s a bit of a prat sometimes.[/quote]Bless[:)]

[quote user="Vanwink"]Till1010

I don''t think you will ever find Morty accepting he is wrong! he is far more likely to become abusive![/quote]Bless[:)]

Looks like he suffered a dead leg, not a good idea to try and run that off, just causes more bleeding.

I notice that Pilks has many fans on this website and in this thread he has been described as our best player. Yes he has a powerful shot with both feet but to me he drifts in and out of the game too much. In several games he is barely noticeable particularly in the later stages. He never has a spell in the game when you think he is going to turn things around. I accept some of his defensive work is better compared with Redmond, but is he not an attacker !!!.

Sadly he is very injury prone and has never enjoyed a consistent regular spell. So there you are I do not particularly rate him. Stand by for brickbats.

[quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote] No, wasn''t there. Been ill all week and in any case it was my sisters turn to go, but then you know all that, don''t you? So what are you trying to prove? Oh!!! You''re playing the "I''m the better fan" card are you? Dearie me, waving that truncheon around pretending yours is biggest.... Anyway, my take on the game? I thought we won 3-1. Poor first half where we were overrun in midfield, better second where we started defending higher, restricting the space for them to operate in and somewhat negating the numerical disadvantage. Once we got level we played with more confidence and fluency and were deserved winners in the end. There you go. Nice to see you don''t let your Hughton Out agenda get in the way of rational thought and over react to jokes about inactivity in the City Stand...[/quote]

So if you do not agree with everything that Hughton does or are not impressed with team tactics and set ups in certain games you must have a Hughton Out Agenda . What cobblers about the " I''m a better fan" card. Maybe you could point out where I have said that ? Not forgetting an over reaction to jokes about inactivity in the City Stand can I also ask what the hell you are drivelling on about there and point out my over reaction ?

Dearie me, it''s there for all to see. I made a joke about people getting to their feet.

Only you know why you responded the way you did.

The thing that really worries me is this really defensive stance you''re taking over the Hughton issue, you''re more defensive than he is!!

If I''ve called it wrong and you don''t want Hughton to be replaced then I sincerely apologise for my mistake.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Dearie me, it''s there for all to see. I made a joke about people getting to their feet. Only you know why you responded the way you did. The thing that really worries me is this really defensive stance you''re taking over the Hughton issue, you''re more defensive than he is!! If I''ve called it wrong and you don''t want Hughton to be replaced then I sincerely apologise for my mistake.[/quote]

Well now if asking you if you were at the game and asking for your take on it is an over reaction it sort of negates having a discussion or debate on the matter don''t you think ? As for the defensive stance you claim I have made over Hughton the facts are simple...I do not like the style of play adopted in many games,I have been mystified at certain team selections and substitutions BUT I do want him to be successful HOWEVER do I think he is the right man to move us forward? The answer is no so pigeon hole me into the Hughton outers if it makes you feel better.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Dearie me, it''s there for all to see. I made a joke about people getting to their feet. Only you know why you responded the way you did. The thing that really worries me is this really defensive stance you''re taking over the Hughton issue, you''re more defensive than he is!! If I''ve called it wrong and you don''t want Hughton to be replaced then I sincerely apologise for my mistake.[/quote]

Well now if asking you if you were at the game and asking for your take on it is an over reaction it sort of negates having a discussion or debate on the matter don''t you think ? As for the defensive stance you claim I have made over Hughton the facts are simple...I do not like the style of play adopted in many games,I have been mystified at certain team selections and substitutions BUT I do want him to be successful HOWEVER do I think he is the right man to move us forward? The answer is no so pigeon hole me into the Hughton outers if it makes you feel better.

[/quote]

Ok, well I think it''s best we leave it there. You know full well that it isn''t WHAT you asked but rather WHY you asked it and you haven''t even got the good grace to be honest about that.

I''m glad you''ve "Come Out" as an Outer - do YOU feel better for it? That''s what is really important. [{]

[quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Barclays Personal Banking     

A little deep Butler but I think I got it. [;)] 

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Barclays Personal Banking     

A little deep Butler but I think I got it. [;)] 

[/quote]

Don''t think it''s that Tilly. Well not unless The Butler was there in the bank disguised as a pot plant or something[H]