Sign in to follow this  
BOO

Pilks

Why was he left on the pitch for so long after his injury.

He was clearly crocked badly and was unable to run.

His lack of movement in the box was a contributory factor in the Spammers goal. We were being over run in midfield, it took far too long for the change.

I haven''t seen anything yet, I don''t think he has been fully fit all season, bit like Bassong! both had summer opps and neither seem to have recovered properly!

Its fairly obvious he was trying to run it off, and when he realised it wasn''t going to happen, he asked to be taken off.You can''t just take players off every time they get a bump.

[quote user="Le Juge"]You can when it''s Pilkington. Is fast becoming the new Darren Anderton.[/quote]Lol, not far off. He could be our best player if he could stay fit[:(]

Funny (not) to hear the Darren Anderton comparison again, a mate of mine said the same thing last time he was crocked.....did ''pool really offer around €10m.?

morty wrote the following post at 11/11/2013 8:59 AM:

Its fairly obvious he was trying to run it off, and when he realised it wasn''t going to happen, he asked to be taken off.

You can''t just take players off every time they get a bump.

When he realised he was not going to run it off it was too late because WH had already scored.

He was limping badly, could not run and was repeatedly looking to the bench. All this at a time when our midfield was being totally over run, typical of the usual paralysis and indecision on the bench.

[quote user="Vanwink"]morty wrote the following post at 11/11/2013 8:59 AM:

Its fairly obvious he was trying to run it off, and when he realised it wasn''t going to happen, he asked to be taken off.

You can''t just take players off every time they get a bump.

When he realised he was not going to run it off it was too late because WH had already scored.

He was limping badly, could not run and was repeatedly looking to the bench. All this at a time when our midfield was being totally over run, typical of the usual paralysis and indecision on the bench.[/quote]Easy with hindsight though, isn''t it?

The evidence was before his eyes yet he let it go on for far too long, classic Hughton.

Morty, Pilkington was right in front of where I sit and he was asking to come off for at least 15 minutes as he was an absolute passenger. Nothing was done even after Neil Reynolds massaged his leg with somesort of cream on the touchline right in front of Hughton who took no notice at all. Everybody around me was screaming at Hughton to get him off but maybe you did not see or hear that where you sit ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Morty, Pilkington was right in front of where I sit and he was asking to come off for at least 15 minutes as he was an absolute passenger. Nothing was done even after Neil Reynolds massaged his leg with somesort of cream on the touchline right in front of Hughton who took no notice at all. Everybody around me was screaming at Hughton to get him off but maybe you did not see or hear that where you sit ?[/quote]He was actually asking to come off for 15 minutes?And Hughton and the medical staff ignored it for 15 whole minutes?Is that really how it happened?Pilkington is an important player for us, and I''m sure the playing staff would do everything they could to patch him up so he could carry on, but ignore him for 15 minutes when he says he can''t carry on? Nah, I find that a bit unlikely.

Oh and I''m actually fairly glad that Hughton doesn''t pay any attention to people bellowing at him from the City stand[:)]

Pilks took a whack to the hamstring apparently, as it wasn''t a pull it surely made sense to try and run it off no?

Hopefully he''ll be fully recovered for Newcastle.

"Pilkington is an important player for us, and I''m sure the playing staff would do everything they could to patch him up so he could carry on, but ignore him for 15 minutes when he says he can''t carry on? Nah, I find that a bit unlikely."

I would have thought it unlikely as well, even for CH, unless I had actually seen it, but it happened Morty. Make of it what you will.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Lol[/quote]Take away your petty bias for a minute.What is the actual likelihood of this happening?You''re just being a bit of a dick again, aren''t you?[:)] 

Don''t think Pilks presence would have made much difference to their goal, fit or not.

He clearly bottled out of a 50-50, minutes before his injury. I was yards away at the Emirates when he just let a gooner go on an attack which led to what became their second goal, if memory serves.

He,in common with our other local hero, the ''Norfolk Cafu'' don''t really do tackles. Just run beside the opposition. Probably hoping they trip over other something. No,wait, pretty sure I saw our Russ actually put in a tackle halfway into the second half.

Standby for the usual serial posters to point out that I don''t really understand the game. Or similar protestations.

No need to introduce abuse into the thread Morty.

You disagree, that''s fine, just leave it there.

Just heard an announcement re the Irish int squad over here on radio.....no mention of Pilks being injured but other players that picked up knocks over the w/e were named. Hopefully it means he came off as a precaution......time will tell ,or was Pilks a bit worried about saying ''no'' to the one and only Keano.

[quote user="Vanwink"]No need to introduce abuse into the thread Morty.

You disagree, that''s fine, just leave it there.[/quote]Lol, stop acting like one and I''ll stop calling you it.But, back on track, you are actually saying that Pilks was pleading with the bench to come off, for a full 15 minutes before they took him off?You really think thats a likely scenario? Actual football and medical professionals would just ignore his concerns?Serious stuff.

It''s a highly unlikely scenario I agree, but it is what actually happened.

I Like Pilks and agree a fully fit Pilkington is our best player...

however he hasn''t been fit from day 1 here, maybe in hindsight we should have taken Liverpool''s offer.

Still, if he can overcome the knocks and the injuries I see no reason he cant become the next Huckerby for us.

[quote user="Vanwink"]It''s a highly unlikely scenario I agree, but it is what actually happened.[/quote]Its really not though.Its the scenario interpreted by you, with bias thrown in.The actual reality is that had Pilkington been in this situation, he would have just sat down on the pitch, forcing the medical staff to come on and deal with him, and make an assessment as to whether or not he could carry on.The much more likely scenario is that Pilks was hopeful he could run it off, and eventually realised he wasn''t going to.Funnily enough I haven''t seen anything in any match reports where he was pleading to be taken off, and roundly ignored by everyone on the touchline...

To be fair, we did keep him on to long.

And he did keep looking over to the bench as if to suggest he did want to come off. I wouldn''t say for 15 minutes, but certainly a lot earlier than the bench were willing to bring him off.

I fully understand the attempt to patch him up the first time, some cream or something. After that - couple minutes to see if you can run it off, if not, you''re off. It was poor to leave him on for that long, no doubt about it.

However, we won!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Morty, Pilkington was right in front of where I sit and he was asking to come off for at least 15 minutes as he was an absolute passenger. Nothing was done even after Neil Reynolds massaged his leg with somesort of cream on the touchline right in front of Hughton who took no notice at all. Everybody around me was screaming at Hughton to get him off but maybe you did not see or hear that where you sit ?[/quote]

He was actually asking to come off for 15 minutes?

And Hughton and the medical staff ignored it for 15 whole minutes?

Is that really how it happened?

Pilkington is an important player for us, and I''m sure the playing staff would do everything they could to patch him up so he could carry on, but ignore him for 15 minutes when he says he can''t carry on? Nah, I find that a bit unlikely.
[/quote]

Morty I was five yards away and YES IT DID HAPPEN.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Morty, Pilkington was right in front of where I sit and he was asking to come off for at least 15 minutes as he was an absolute passenger. Nothing was done even after Neil Reynolds massaged his leg with somesort of cream on the touchline right in front of Hughton who took no notice at all. Everybody around me was screaming at Hughton to get him off but maybe you did not see or hear that where you sit ?[/quote]He was actually asking to come off for 15 minutes?And Hughton and the medical staff ignored it for 15 whole minutes?Is that really how it happened?Pilkington is an important player for us, and I''m sure the playing staff would do everything they could to patch him up so he could carry on, but ignore him for 15 minutes when he says he can''t carry on? Nah, I find that a bit unlikely.[/quote]

Morty I was five yards away and YES IT DID HAPPEN.

[/quote]Sorry still not buying that he was asking to come off for a full 15 minutes, and it was ignored by football and medical professionals.