Sign in to follow this  
unique

Fer's goal celebration

As Fer headed towards the sideline, I assumed he was heading towards the management team. He wasn''t. He ended up in the arms of Bassong [I think].

Can anyone shed any light on the celebrations?

Bassong and Fer are close? Fers been wanting a goal and Bassong as the normal captain had been supporting him and was overjoyed for him when he got it?

or, crazy idea but stay with me. they''re teammates. and when one of your teammates score you are ecstatic for them.

I swear right now a player could spit on the pitch and someone would make a thread asking to shed some light on the incident.

There is certainly a insinuation from some that the players ignored CH, but I can''t see it that way: the players are the guys who do it on the pitch and they are mates with each other, far more than the manager - the relationship between each is, and imo should, be different. I''d have thought it extremely odd if the players had gone to CH in that way.

I remember when PL was here something not dissimilar happened when we scored (I forget who against), and not one person questioned it.

I think that Fer likes to dance in his goals celebrations like Redmond, Bassong also likes this as shown last season and some players do rehearse the celebrations beforehand (Bassong/Kamara last season).

I personally saw it as Fer wanting to celebrate with the dance (shown by him and Bassong showing a rehearsed dance after the pile on). The rest of the players just followed suit and rightfully celebrated a massive goal

Also, remember the AVB at Chelsea stuff where he wanted the players to celebrate with him? As a random side note, he got a lot of stick for that

[quote user="Herman "]It''s more what''s being insinuated rather than being asked.[/quote]Well quite, there seems to be underlying implications that Leroy and Sebastian may be mates, that as the team captain Bassong may have the respect of some of the younger players and god forbid there may be some sort of team spirit and passion within the squad. All of which we need to stamp out quick sharp.

maybe it was to prove a point that he didm''t agree at Bassong being dropped. It could be any number of reasons. It was weird to have our player of last season on the bench. I like Bennett and Turner a lot too, but a fully fit Bassong is immense. Wish CH would have made someone else captain instead, as he isn''t the same.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Really?

Perhaps Bassong being dropped was because of lack of form, had you thought of that?[/quote]
Well thats obvious to any City supporter, and anyone who has watched the performances, especially when his "couldn''t care less" attitude showed up if a half clearance for goal number 5 or 6 for them last week. What a pointless thing to say!??? If you read back (assuming you can read) you will see I said "maybe its Fer not agreeing with him being dropped."
We can not pretend to know what goes on behind closed doors and why 2 of our stand out performers last season in Bassong and Snodgrass have been so off form this season. To make someone your captain and then have to drop them for not being first choice anymore isn''t a regular occurrence for most teams.

Oh dear, someone offers an alternative opinion to yours and you go off on one. Had a bad weekend?

It was exactly that Fer statement of yours I was referring to, and offering a different angle.

IF what you say is the reason, do you honestly think Hughton, or any manager, would stand for that? A public show of dissent, yeh right.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Oh dear, someone offers an alternative opinion to yours and you go off on one. Had a bad weekend?

It was exactly that Fer statement of yours I was referring to, and offering a different angle.

IF what you say is the reason, do you honestly think Hughton, or any manager, would stand for that? A public show of dissent, yeh right.[/quote]
My weekend has been fine, thanks for your concern. As for offering a different opinion, it was hardly that. Its been widely discussed by many including myself that he was out of form, it was more your patronising delivery of the said angle.
People like you just annoy me. Like a bug as it hits the windshield… Guess I''ll just set the wipers going [;)]

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="crabbycanary"]Oh dear, someone offers an alternative opinion to yours and you go off on one. Had a bad weekend? It was exactly that Fer statement of yours I was referring to, and offering a different angle. IF what you say is the reason, do you honestly think Hughton, or any manager, would stand for that? A public show of dissent, yeh right.[/quote]

My weekend has been fine, thanks for your concern. As for offering a different opinion, it was hardly that. Its been widely discussed by many including myself that he was out of form, it was more your patronising delivery of the said angle.

People like you just annoy me. Like a bug as it hits the windshield… Guess I''ll just set the wipers going [;)]

[/quote]

Oh for goodness sake. Let''s presume that I had taken your post on it''s own merits shall we, and that I hadn''t researched all your previous posts on anything NCFC? Hence my opinion and the public dissent question. If you had already discussed the ''out of form'' thing, then please answer my question, as I would be interested in your motives for ''stirring'' it (that''s my opinion on your original post btw, now you have said you had discussed Bassong before) .

If you interpreted what I said as patronising, then there''s nothing I can do about that.

I also noticed the West Spam players totally ignored ''Big Sam'' when they scored..........Disgraceful.......Allardyce out!!!!

Yeah there is, you could just not be a d!ck about it. But like i said its been widely discussed by everyone on here for weeks about Bassong. You live true to your username, and don''t seem to pleasant a fellow.

So please answer my question about the public dissent then.

You said you have discussed this , yet open a post on possible mutiny in the ranks.

That doesn''t seem very pleasant.

Let''s put it another way for the simpletons on here who have their heads so far up their own ar*es that they are unable to debate a topic with fair reasoning.

Of all the years I have watched football, when a team has been under a lot of pressure and the scorer of the goal runs in the direction of the dugouts, everybody from said dugouts gets involved with the celebrations. Very rarely do you see players celebrating en masse with the management team standing only yards away.

So did the management team join in, or is their a hint that the players are playing for Premiership wages rather than the manager?

Or are Fer and Bassong that ''tight'' that Fer wanted to celebrate the goal with him above his team mates on the pitch?

Or is Hughton the sort of manager who just likes to keep his players at arms length?

I would imagine that Hughton keeps an air of professionalism and wouldn''t celebrate with the players in that manner.

for the umpteenth time, if the players no longer wanted to play for Hughton then why is he still here?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]I would imagine that Hughton keeps an air of professionalism and wouldn''t celebrate with the players in that manner. for the umpteenth time, if the players no longer wanted to play for Hughton then why is he still here?[/quote]

Because jas, the board are to scared and gutless to sack him.

no wiz

because business doesn''t work like that... if the players effectively go "on strike" then the manager would be removed.

Hughton would either resign or he would be sacked...

if the players are ignoring Hughton''s tactics and line ups, then who is picking this team and organising the tactics Wiz?

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]Yeah there is, you could just not be a d!ck about it. But like i said its been widely discussed by everyone on here for weeks about Bassong. You live true to your username, and don''t seem to pleasant a fellow.[/quote]

It must be very hard slating the team week in week out from thousands of miles away but if you could try and contain the rage at the fact we won Saturday and perhaps not making sweeping assumptions third hand assumptions and guesswork forumulated on a different continent Thatd be just great.

Yeah Buh, don''t know who you are and don''t care for what you say. You''ve been on here what a few days? - do one. Crabby I never pretended to know anything before you rudely jumped in and started having a go. It was a theory, and that''s all. Take it for what I said it was and move on with your annoying little life!

[quote user="Buh"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]Yeah there is, you could just not be a d!ck about it. But like i said its been widely discussed by everyone on here for weeks about Bassong. You live true to your username, and don''t seem to pleasant a fellow.[/quote]

It must be very hard slating the team week in week out from thousands of miles away but if you could try and contain the rage at the fact we won Saturday and perhaps not making sweeping assumptions third hand assumptions and guesswork forumulated on a different continent Thatd be just great.[/quote]

I''m delighted we won. It doesn''t matter where I am in the world, it''s definitely of no concern to you.

Also, try and learn how to implement the proper use of full stops and commas. I''ll take your pointless posting slightly more seriously if you do. Only slightly though.

[quote user="Buh"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]Yeah there is, you could just not be a d!ck about it. But like i said its been widely discussed by everyone on here for weeks about Bassong. You live true to your username, and don''t seem to pleasant a fellow.[/quote]

It must be very hard slating the team week in week out from thousands of miles away but if you could try and contain the rage at the fact we won Saturday and perhaps not making sweeping assumptions third hand assumptions and guesswork forumulated on a different continent Thatd be just great.[/quote]

I''m delighted we won. It doesn''t matter where I am in the world, it''s definitely of no concern to you.

Also, try and learn how to implement the proper use of full stops and commas. I''ll take your pointless posting slightly more seriously if you do. Only slightly though.

Because jas, the board are to scared and gutless to sack him.

------------------------------------------------------

McNally scared to sack a person? I highly doubt it. I doubt he would be scared to do something the squad.

I suggest reading the damned united.

first come the owners

then the board

then the fans

then the players

and last comes the manager.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]Yeah Buh, don''t know who you are and don''t care for what you say. You''ve been on here what a few days? - do one. Crabby I never pretended to know anything before you rudely jumped in and started having a go. It was a theory, and that''s all. Take it for what I said it was and move on with your annoying little life![/quote]

Wow, you must earn a fortune from being a psychologist.

It wouldn''t matter what they said, it''ll always be about your opinion.

You had a theory, and I questioned it.

As for being rude, I didn''t use the word D!ck and call you unpleasant.

I don''t have a clue who Buh is either, but you dismiss his opinion like you did mine, and that says far more about you than either of us.

By the way, I (and it is just my opinion) believe it is ''too pleasant a fellow''.

Come back to me if that needs correcting. I am always willing to learn.

Shouldn''t you always start a sentence with a capital letter, and also isn''t ''didn''t'' spelt with an n...... and I''ve really got to get on with the rest of my day/life.