Sign in to follow this  
Stuart Jarrold

Building Works

Has anyone seen the planning notice on the lamppost on the corner of Kerrison Road

Planning works for extra seats in the South Stand (Jarrold Stand) upto 8000 and an extra 1500 seats for a new corner section

New tiered car park etc etc.

Looks like plans are afoot

If this is true there will be notice on the Norwich City Council website, am I not mistaken?I doubt this is true without the club making it known because applying for planning permission.

I''ve just read it but have to admit I didn''t really understand it, seems to written in a strange form of English, probably why I let my architect handle the planning permission for my extension!

The notification you mention is in relation to this application: 4/2002/1281/Oi.e. the plans to replace the South Stand and build the Jarrold Stand.  Obviously whatever they''re changing at the NR1 development has some kind of knock on affect to the original permission (I can''t be bothered to read it).If you are the Anglia News Stuart Jarrold then you should really do some journalistic research before posting.

I''d have been very surprised if the club had decided to add another 9.5k seats to the ground without telling the fans their plans!

It is an amendment to an existing permission which originally covered the redevelopment of the South Stand and the erection of the flats near the ground. As such it does not have any direct impact on the ground itself. It is a completely normal procedure as the original permission was for ''outline'' consent which means that permission is granted without all of the fine details of the proposal required at that time. The applicant can select which details they apply for, such as appearance, scale, massing. Usually before a developemnt can commence, the applicant then has to submit an application for the details known as a ''Reserved Matters'' application.

The site notice will have legally been required to be positioned adjacent to the site to advertise the opportunity for people to make comments.

Therefore, what is being advertised has no real connection to the stadium itself on this occasion.

Thanks for explaining, how did you manage to ''translate'' what was on the web site into your explanation, are you a planner or in the business of having to understand it?

I am indeed a planning officer! I appreciate that to the unititiated that our language can appear to be somewhat foreign!

I am pretty certain that any application for stadium works will be well documented as and when they are submitted. It is however always worth reading a planning notice when you spot one as you never know what you might find...

It is an application to the City Council seeking permission for certain details of the NR1 flats currently being erected. It referecnes the original application which also included the new South Stand over ten years ago.

It has no relation to the stadium at present.