Sign in to follow this  
BIC

We're down...

Gutting. Totally gutting. I''d come to terms with it after we lost at Arsenal, but after having got back into it this is hard to take.
Even so, as relegations go, this is probably the least painful of the one''s I''ve experienced.

and after a performance like that, i think we deserve it.

now.... whos to blame?

I feel disappointed more for the fact that they didn''t even give it a go.  What a time to save your worst defeat of the season.  We were in the driving seat today and we threw it away - simple.  From what I saw today we do not deserve to be in the Premiership at this time.  Sorry

least we done with style good time to have our biggest defeat of the season yip peeeeeeeeeeee

I was unable to go today, had to follow from afar. As the goals kept popping in all my tension evaporated knowing that it was virtually inevitable. I had real hopes today and I have no idea yet what went wrong- will look for posts from those who were there and the match reports.

Had we gone down on goal difference or conceding a last minute goal, would it have been worse? I don''t know. But I had never imagined that we would get a stuffing like today. I thought we would at least have scored, its scant consolation that we have gone down with pride (although that too took a big knock today).

To be honest with you Barclay I dont feel bad at all.  I thought I would with my nerves shot to pieces before the game but I think it has to do with the fact we got absolutely hammered.  If we had drawn or lost 1-0 would feel a lot worse but at the end of the day it was in our hands and a culmination of poor defending, poor refereeing but most of all our inability to win away has cost us. 

I do hope though that the referees performance does not overshadow the fact we conceeded six goals against a team that had supposedly nothing to play for (never again do I want to hear that phrase) and the fact that cosidering how much we needed this we only gave Van der Sar one shot to save - says it all really doesent it and all of that has made me feel better than i thought we would.  We are back where we belong based on the season on a whole and hopefully we can get back up there but will be bloody hard even with a new defence.

[quote]To be honest with you Barclay I dont feel bad at all. I thought I would with my nerves shot to pieces before the game but I think it has to do with the fact we got absolutely hammered. If we had dra...[/quote]

I absolutely agree.  1-0 would have been hard to take.  6-0 is pathetic and doesn''t deserve getting upset over

I am mad more than upset at this present time I''m afraid

I think seeing Francis let Brian McBride stroll unattended into our penalty area and shoot straight through Green''s legs set the tone. We defended without conviction all afternoon. But for me, seeing Safri go off injured and Holt arrive signalled the end of all hope. The irony of course is that Holt will do alright in the fizzy pop league next year, but I hate him in the Premiership and can''t forgive his crapness.

The ref''s decisions were influential and there''s no point denying it. Ashton''s goal should have stood. Huckerby should of had a penalty. Boa Morte was not fouled.

But Worthington''s tactical decisions were even more influential. It was the lack of discipline and focus in the team that disappointed me the most. Green was left hopelessly exposed time and time again by naive gung-ho attacking play, and pitiful defending. So much for playing with our heads not our hearts.

To not even score a goal makes it look like complete surrender. But it wasn''t. Fleming missed a free header, as did Shackell. And just how many corners did we have? Yet even with all those strikers on the pitch and all those crosses into their penalty area it was Fulham who kept scoring.

I was very fortunate to see city in action for the first half of the season and during that time witness the best and worsed performance from individual players.
The best, in attack defence distribution and shooting Diop of Fulham. The worsed, poor distribution slow cumbersome and giver away of countless fouls Helveg of Norwich.
Typical city lift the fans up then drop them down being doing the same thing for years.
International T.V coverage will not be the same next season. However we loyal fans will be behind them again.

"Yet even with all those strikers on the pitch and all those crosses into their penalty area it was Fulham who kept scoring"

There''s a lesson there - FIND A NEW WAY TO MOUNT AN ATTACK!!

Buy some players with craft, vision, finesse, flair and not these bloody work horses. We needed creativity and our lack of it was sorely exposed.

AND WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH OUR CRAP CORNERS? I''m so angry.

A season of pointing out our mistakes and weaknesses, and then they ALL come to bite us on the arse in one match. Serves NW right, it was on the cards if you look at about 30 of the games this season.

i think today we proved that we did not deserve to be in the premier league i am sorry but what would of happend if had of been away to Arsenal or chelsea today 10-0??? after all fulham were only just a few places above us in the league

i would of loved to have been that guy who was sitting near delia today at fulham and asked why she did not get her cheque book out for a couple of better defensive players in january I know we got ashton

it was disgusting the manner we have defended today and all season

i hope we try and keep most of the squads together but i fear that francis will be on his bike as will Helveg

I too like some of the other posts on here wish we had of gone out on a bang yeah some of the refs decisions were bad but what about the other 4 goals ???