Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

1 minutes silence

who was that fu(king moron who started shouting at the start of the minutes silence ? sounded like it was from the west ham lot but could have been E block in the barclay... then someone else shouts shut up and order was restored... i just don''t get the mentality of someone who just can''t show some respect for 60 seconds of there life... on the plus side though didn''t that old dunkirk veteran get a marvelous response from from all sides of the ground and both sets of supporters, it bought a tear to my eye [:D]

From where I was it was the West Ham fans, only half a dozen or so but not good.

Shouting "Oh EAST LANNNDANN" during a minutes silence makes them "well ''ard" I suppose

I found the whole lot of them to be... most unpleasant. Probably been watching green street on repeat for the last week

Anyone else catch any anti-semetic chanting?

There were a couple of bell ends in The Barclay, but they soon got told to shut the f**k up.

There was a bit in the away end too, but to be fair the rest of the West Ham fans soon shut them up.

From where I sit, E block lower Barclay there were some idiots from the snakepit direction shouting "Yellows" as well as some mumbles but no complete coherent chant from the WHU fans.  All involved should be disgusted with themselves. I felt very disappointed with our fans yesterday - I don''t care if WHU fans make a mockery of it, but for Canary fans to do so...

Sounded like it came from the snake pit end of the Barclay, disgraceful way to behave and frankly I think it''s the kind of thing you should get slung out of the ground for.

[quote user="birchfest"]Sounded like it came from the snake pit end of the Barclay, disgraceful way to behave and frankly I think it''s the kind of thing you should get slung out of the ground for.[/quote]Agreed - disgusting behavior.

I actually thought it came from either outside in the street behind the sandpit or from underneath the Barclay where maybe they didnt know the minute had started?

I didn''t hear any other disruption apart from the idiot west ham fans at the very start who were told to shut up by other west ham fans.

I was in the River End and it was so quiet ( here come the jokes I guess) that we could hear isolated shouts over in the Barclay.

I''d hoped, perhaps wrongly having looked at this thread, that the noise was coming from underneath the stands from one or two who hadn''t realised what was going on.

If not the guilty party needs a bloody good smack on the nose, why oh why would anybody possibly want to disrupt the minutes silence?

Mind you on the way out there were the standard issue Green Street watching Danny Dire-Dyre aspiring, 5''7" little weeds giving it ''The Big One'' with their whole East Larndun-ICF-Coz I''m ard routine

Deeply unconvincing to a point where I felt embarrassed for the poor little lambs, Cockneys, bless their little ways......

[quote user="birchfest"]Sounded like it came from the snake pit end of the Barclay, disgraceful way to behave and frankly I think it''s the kind of thing you should get slung out of the ground for.[/quote]

I sit in the Barclay upper right next to the Snakepit and there was no sound coming from there at all....seemed to be from the Away End or other side of the Barclay

These minute silences have always in the past been impeccably observed by our fans whereas West Ham fans have a history of scummy behaviour. It seems most likely that the only noise coming from Norwich fans was to tell the West Ham idiots to shut up.

It was def in the Barclay, sounded fairly close to where I was in E block, but also some dumb arse wet spammer aswell, like others said they were soon told to shut up!!

love the way people get on their high horse over these matters.........the noise was from a couple of people coming up the stairs from the barclay lounge who hadn''t realised that the minutes silence had started. They were told by the stewards to be quiet, they did, and the rest of the minute was well observed by everyone ..........you can all put your pitchforks away now and settle down.

There were a few voices in the Upper River End, but I think (and hope) they were coming from the bar area and they didn''t realise the minutes silence was taking place. I heard a few murmurs around the ground, tho. You can''t believe an adult can''t keep quiet for just 60 seconds, can you?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]love the way people get on their high horse over these matters.........the noise was from a couple of people coming up the stairs from the barclay lounge who hadn''t realised that the minutes silence had started. They were told by the stewards to be quiet, they did, and the rest of the minute was well observed by everyone ..........you can all put your pitchforks away now and settle down.[/quote]well if that''s the case they must have bloody big mouths if they''re `conversation`as they walked up the stairs could be heard  110 yards away [:D]

[quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]love the way people get on their high horse over these matters.........the noise was from a couple of people coming up the stairs from the barclay lounge who hadn''t realised that the minutes silence had started. They were told by the stewards to be quiet, they did, and the rest of the minute was well observed by everyone ..........you can all put your pitchforks away now and settle down.[/quote]well if that''s the case they must have bloody big mouths if they''re `conversation`as they walked up the stairs could be heard  110 yards away [:D][/quote]

Or one of ''em was deaf......

GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary wrote the following post at 10/11/2013 2:28 PM:

love the way people get on their high horse over these matters.........the noise was from a couple of people coming up the stairs from the barclay lounge who hadn''t realised that the minutes silence had started. They were told by the stewards to be quiet, they did, and the rest of the minute was well observed by everyone ..........you can all put your pitchforks away now and settle down.

Correct, it''s amazing how the sound travels in a silent stadium.

So GJL,they walked up the steps from the bar, it was deadly silent, but they were unable to work out that the minutes silence had started, I don''t think so somehow.

Proper Charlie wrote the following post at 11/11/2013 8:51 AM:

So GJL,they walked up the steps from the bar, it was deadly silent, but they were unable to work out that the minutes silence had started, I don''t think so somehow.

That''s exactly what happened.

Vanwink,

I know that''s what happened,I was there, what I meant was that in my opinion it would be impossible to "not" know that the silence had started as GJL suggested.

Vanwink,

I know that''s what happened,I was there, what I meant was that in my opinion it would be impossible to "not" know that the silence had started as GJL suggested.

Formerly SupaClint 2006, But I Forgot My Password!!

Don''t agree mate, if you are walking up out of the bars having a laugh after a few beers it is quite possible to not realise the minutes silence had started, I think once what was happening did get through the alcoholic haze they shut up.