Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

No Goal Music

How nice was it to win a game by more than one goal.  Only the second time it''s happened in the league since Hughton took over if I''m not mistaken.

It''s an improvement, yeah.

But we really need to raise our voices. I was disappointed by us at the start of the game. We were out sung by spam and yet again we rushed out OTBC. I hate it.

Perhaps we should share where we sit. I sit in the blankets at the front of the Jarrold right down in the river end corner. Not ideal but am happy to be there. From my vantage point I certainly wouldn''t be able to see what happened between Pilks and Hughton or how late comers entered the Barclay during the minutes silence. Although I could quite clearly see that Pilks struggled to defend the goal West ham scored. I wish I had your seat though Winky. Because you managed to see each of those incidents so clearly. Is it a roaming seat?

Not at all Nigel.

I could quite clearly see Pilks struggling and signalling to the bench, I could hear the noise from the the Barclay during the minutes silence which sounded to be coming not from people in the stand but from people coming in and I could clearly see what happened for the goal from watching match of the day.

I sit very happily in the City Stand near the Barclay and considering the nervousness of the crowd I thought the singing was pretty good, hence my question to BW about where he sits.

Hope that''s ok for you?

Was trying to make allowances Winky. Thought if more than one person posted it would explain the difference between many of your posts. Obviously not so back to the drawing board....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Was trying to make allowances Winky. Thought if more than one person posted it would explain the difference between many of your posts. Obviously not so back to the drawing board....

[/quote]

Ahhhhhhhh *nods head.

[quote user="snake-eyes"]Ditto BWs Cat!

Left Corner at the back with my son and father.

Snake[/quote]

That''s a great way to go to football Snake. I used to be in the Barclay with son/daughter/grandsons. I miss that but we meet up again after games.

Anyone go with 4 generations?

Upper Barclay Block B here.Love where I sit actually, you get atmosphere overspill from the lower and the snakepit, but with a much better view.

Yes the view is excellent for the Youngen allowing him to see how the games develope!

He loves it. His first game was Bristol Rovers in league 1. 5-1 so not a bad intro!

Snake

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 12/11/2013 7:49 PM:

Sounds as if your a bit confused, don''t worry about it, we all have to make allowances, it helps keep the mood on the board friendly!

Pleased about that Winky. I shall now make allowances for your go go gadget long range vision when you post after games[8-|]

I might hear the Barclay better now I''ve had my ears syringed but that ain''t nothin'' on you bro....

[;)]

[quote user="birchfest"]I don''t even notice it''s missing any more, from the lower Barclay it was great just letting the chants take over.[/quote]Its funny, I was never bothered about it, but watched an old clip earlier and started to wonder if I may be missing it.

I sit in the Upper Barclay Black A and don''t miss the goal music at all.....there was an attempt to get behind the team in the 1st half but you gotta admit it was difficult to when you saw the awful display in the pitch.

2nd half was a different story....we out-sung West Ham and even started clapping at the ''sister'' song as they had run out of ideas and hope at that point!

As with many other things I think the atmosphere is ruined by expectations. Like it or not we now expect to beat teams like West ham so consequently the atmosphere first half was extremely flat. Compare that to Palace fans who try and lift their team throughout every game because in all honesty they don''t expect a result.

In recent years I think Portsmouth fans have stood out as staying with the team throughout an awful decline but this could be because they are united against the people who have ruined their proud club.

2nd half was a different story....we out-sung West Ham and even started clapping at the ''sister'' song as they had run out of ideas and hope at that point!

Yep

They didn''t have much of a repertoire did they!

Bubbles and shagging your sister.......I ''d hardly say they out sang us.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Do you record live Norwich games on sky Nutty?[/quote]

I can''t see the relevance but I do sometimes. I recorded it Saturday but haven''t yet watched it back. Will it enlighten me to the conversation between Pilks and the dug out and the incident in the Barclay that happened during the minute''s silence?

I accept now that you sit in the City Stand but also watch the games back. That would explain why you had such a comprehensive knowledge of what went on all around the stadium. It just doesn''t exp0lain why sometimes your extremely easy to get along with, like on this thread, where as others you are spoiling for a fight over the history on this board that your join date would suggest you know nothing about. I was hoping it was a case of there being two winkies if you get my drift...

Nigel

If I''ve recorded a live game I do watch it again when I get in, not all of it but just to look for things, normally decisions, to check whether my initial thoughts at the game were in fact right. I see the game through yellow and green glasses when I am there and get carried away, as we all do I hope, it''s amazing when you look at incidents again, sometimes you got it spot on, other times your miles off.

I suppose I do spoil for a fight sometimes, but you just tend to treat people the way they treat you. Having an opposing view isn''t an excuse to become abusive.

What about these blankets in the City Stand Winky that you were on about on the Pilks thread ? Do you pick them up at the entrance and is there a deposit to be paid returnable when you hand them in at the end of the game ? Blimey you do seem to get about all over the stadium that it makes me think you might be a steward.

I thought you old boys sitting behind the dug out were in "the blankets", I had sort of assumed that that''s where Nutty sits,and that he kept referring to "the blankets" as a euphemism.

By the sounds of it "the blankets" refers to a part of the Jarrold.

Got it wrong!

I''ll be honest...If anyone asked me to stop singing or shouting out during the game I''d tell them to **** off!

If they want to watch a match in silence then they should invest in some quality headphones or sod off home and watch it on the TV/Stream.

Half the fun is singing/shouting during the match...the other half is hopefully a win!