Sign in to follow this  
Warren Hill

Is there an individual or a group willing to be our voice?

As the title says really.

There is a lot of constructive criticism (some less constructive) and plenty of reasonable questions raised and answers demanded on here, in the pubs and bars and in workplaces, living rooms etc but we don''t have anyone to take these forward and present them to the club.

It seems to me that the board and management team can simply hide behind desks and senior players at press conferences, to me that isn''t good enough when we''re in such a precarious position. The press don''t seem to ask probing questions and it all smacks a little of "getting away with it".

What we need is an individual of some standing or perhaps a fans group to represent us, to make the noises from the fans sound less like a rabble and more like a clear voice of the support. They could present our concerns, demand answers and organise any meetings/protests as needed.

I know that Matt Juler is well respected by fans and club alike but don''t know if the Capital Canaries would want to provide such a footing?

It just seems to me that rather than argue amongst ourselves, if it was possible for someone to put across a balanced and reasoned set of concerns it would be better for all.

Any thoughts?

So what you''re looking for is an independent association of Norwich City supporters to speak to the board with one voice and get some answers from the club, I wonder if sutch a scenario has been tried before?

Is anyone stupid enough to think that the Board are unaware of the thoughts of some parts of the fan base? And what answers to which questions will make the situation any better?

Sorry Joanna, thought it might be an idea to present some sort of united voice rather than squabbling like petulant schoolchildren on a message board.

I''ll put you down as a maybe..

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Sorry Joanna, thought it might be an idea to present some sort of united voice rather than squabbling like petulant schoolchildren on a message board.

I''ll put you down as a maybe..[/quote]Would this ''united voice'' be speaking on behalf of the inners or outers? [:^)]

I suspect you work In very junior role in a very big organisation Warren!

at lastsomething to let the board know fans have concernsas I should imagine that up to now they have been totally oblivious to such thoughts.................after allit is not as if there is anything so blindingly obvious that might point them in such a direction, is there ?

Warren Hill wrote the following post at 07/11/2013 5:32 PM:

That''s an interesting response Vanwink, but I''m afraid you''re a long way off the Mark.

Oh dear, then that''s even more worrying!

I do see your point City 1st, however, I doubt Delia pops on here to gauge opinion, there''s not a great deal of audible dissent within the ground and with no action forthcoming perhaps the point needs emphasising.

One powerful voice representing the majority is surely better than lots of little voices bickering?

[quote user="Warren Hill"]I do see your point City 1st, however, I doubt Delia pops on here to gauge opinion, there''s not a great deal of audible dissent within the ground and with no action forthcoming perhaps the point needs emphasising.

One powerful voice representing the majority is surely better than lots of little voices bickering?[/quote]

to what point ?are you stating that the club imagines that as  "there''s not a great deal of audible dissent within the ground" everything is okdo you imagine that board members have no contact with fans beyond that medium ?I''m afraid you really have put up a silly thought - or that you still imagine board meetings run on the lines of

Nov 2014item 5. fans concernsas none expressed so far board can continue as normal with no suggestions of how matters can improve, or in fact need to

May 2014 item 2.  relegationboard agrees that the blame lies solely with fans who failed to point out how bad things were, so leaving the club in total ignorance of it''s true position throughtout the season until it was finally pointed out that it had actually been relegated

"Is there an individual or a group willing to be our voice?"

It already exists, it''s called canary call.

How awfully flippant City 1st.

You''re right of course, far better to sit on your hands and having the odd gripe on here rather than taking it to the top and forcing them to take notice.

How ever so ''umble of you guv.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]How awfully flippant City 1st.

You''re right of course, far better to sit on your hands and having the odd gripe on here rather than taking it to the top and forcing them to take notice.

How ever so ''umble of you guv.[/quote]oh dearjust far up your own backside is your head stuck ?who is stopping you from taking it to the top ?and why do suppose that the club/board is totally unaware of our present situation ?

Ha!! From you of ALL people....

No, I''m afraid I simply don''t have the available time to commit, nor do I feel that I am articulate enough to do the fans justice.

That''s why I asked the question....if I felt I could do it, I''d have asked for assistance instead.

Now, do you have anything constructive to add or are you going to continue to rubbish from afar and hope for the best?

good ideagiven how helpful it will be to have someone who actually goes to Carrow Road

ps I would pass on your sentiments about driving the bu gger out, removing homosexuals from the board and also accuse Delia of stealing money from the club but perhaps I shall simply point out that we are third from bottom as clearly the club has until now no idea of such matters

Oh dear Mr P is that still the best you can do ? keep track of those posting patterns  i think someone on here might have 43 user names there has been an awful lot of hughton out threads could you look into it and compile a full report ? [:D]

Ha Ha Ha .....that was a good reply WH ................but surely  you must know that you are wasting your time on here with a reasonable and fairly sensible suggestion ?

Haven''t you  drawn the conclusion that this board is "owned " by the few who have nothing  but self opinion of interest ?

Pity ..as I  am with you  on this ...but constructive is never going to be accepted ....try asking the few others who try !

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Sorry Joanna, thought it might be an idea to present some sort of united voice rather than squabbling like petulant schoolchildren on a message board.

I''ll put you down as a maybe..[/quote]

I think the silence from the board this week has shown the total contempt for supporters. Lets not forget we have sold out of season tickets, most games have sold out so whats wrong.

I would have expected something from the board after our capitulation in Manchester but it is not to be, worst result in 75 years and as reported on Anglia TV it is business as usual! 

A supporters forum would serve no useful purpose in dialogue with the club, cast your mind back to St Andrews Hall in the Worthy era.

In all seriousness i would nominate Til he has been a Hughton inner and been driven to a Hughton outer based on what he has seen on the pitch so he hasn''t had it in for hughton from day 1 just cos he isn''t lambert like some have been accused of... he has experience with Ncisa and obviously doesn''t mind putting in the time for that sort of thing... If this idea did take off i couldn''t think of a better candidate if he wanted to do it ....

You''ve got to ask yourself, what has this board actually done for this football club in recent years?

"i''m spartacus"   Oh dear Mr P is that still the best you can do ? keep track of those posting patterns  i think someone on here might have 43 user names there has been an awful lot of hughton out threads could you look into it and compile a full report ?

for you, or your '' mate '' wiz ?

ps glad you have been counting the number of "hughton out threads", it must just make your days fly by