Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

Back in the championship

So, we are back in the championship but we need to make sure its short lived.  A couple of players will surely move on and we need get rid of a few.  Greeno and Francis will probably leave, this will however raise much needed transfer cash.  Greeno to Arsenal for 4 million and Francis to Charlton for  3 million that what I would expect.  That leave us with 7 million on top of the about 3 million the board will probably give Nigel to make a speedy return, so thats an estimated 10 million.

Mulryne, Mcveigh will defo move on and I would also ship Holt and Doherty out and prob let Jarvis, Henderson and Crow get some experience on loan.  Hopefully Helveg and Jonson will want to stick around.

So sticking with my 10 million estimate where should the money be spent.  I wouldn''t buy a new keeper, Darren Ward is very capable at first divsion level.  At the back needs to be looked at I wouldn''t keep fleming as a first choice.  There is obviously big question marks at right back with edworthy out of contract and Helveg may want out.  Drury will stay at left back.  So in defence new Right Back and New partner for Shackell in centre back.

Midfield well new signing to partner Safri.  Hucks on the left and hopefully we can persuade Bentley to come for another season but it will be tough either way most likely to be a loan singing on right, of course Jonson might be up for it.

Up front we are pretty good with Leon and Ashton, however you need four of five strikers, Svensson can be one but I think we need 1 or 2 more to add for competition.

So, to sum up we need players:

Centre Backs

Right Backs

Central Midfield

Loan for right winger

Strikers

Now who would we buy.  Well I think we need players who are capable in the premiership as well as the championship.  I would hope we buy mainly british.  I would like to see us go for the young players.  

So how would everyone like to see us sign?  

Heylo, I agree with what you say we don''t really need another keeper and mabye a right back and central defender would do but mainly a central defender. As for midfield I can''t see bently coming back but if he doesnt then we have to make this signing: Jan Kristiansen for Odense, Danish Player of the year and top assist and very good scoring record this season and is a R/L Winger, Many people supprised he is still with them espeacially with German clubs hunting him but we should snatch him, could get for like £1.5M - £2.5M. And upfront I hope they all saty but if ashton goes I would be happy with McKenzie and Svensson, but I guess a striker would go a miss .. but who ?

I can''t see the Board giving NW £10m to get us out of the Championship; they will be "prudent" again and give him half of that at the very most. Let''s hope that NW spends the money more wisely this time around. We''ll need a young and strong right back and an experienced but not-too-old centre back to partner Shax (Jagielka would be perfect). In the midfield, we need a right winger such as Michael Tonge (''cos Bentley can''t be arsed, Jonson''s not good enough) and three or four battling but creative central midfielders (Francis hasn''t been the same since his injury, plus we need other cover). With the right midfield, we could defend from the front - with Bentley and Hucks being lightweight defensively, and Francis strolling around, it''s no surprise that we''re always under pressure at the back. We need another striker - preferably one with pace - to cover for injury to / transfer of Deano or Leon. But, most of all, please get shot of Holt and Fleming, players that would struggle to get in a League One side at the moment.