Sign in to follow this  
Yellowfuture

Be very carefull what you wish for.

I''m backing Hughton till 5.00 on the 30th November.

Injuries and a tough run of fixtures are no excuse for recent results but do offer some explanation.

I still believe we have seen progress this season and expect to see that continue and turn into results in the next home games.

Removal of a manager is not a end in itself, look what happened after Worthy went, I for one don''t want to watch that downward spiral again.

Get behind the team for the next few games, forget the management and back our lads to a couple of victories. We are quite capable of doing that and things could look a lot rosier by the end of the month.

Now is the time to show some guts, we''re in a corner and should all be coming out fighting for the team.

OTBC

I can''t think of one fan that won''t get behind our team but there comes a time where the team keeps digging & digging and still can''t get through and this is when we need to dig somewhere else.

We need change desperately and believe Hughton has lost the dressing room and the quicker he goes the better

BTW lets not get off the players backs either as they''ve not exactly done themselves proud either.

How is conceding 18 goals and scoring only two in five matches after spending 30+ million an improvement?

How is being third bottom of the league an improvement?

Winning 6 from 30, how is that improvement?

I really do not see how such a statement can be made.

No need to be careful what we wish for, I fail to see how anyone could do a worse job at the moment. We are in the bottom 3 and can''t buy a goal let alone a win, have just suffered our biggest defeat in our Premier league history and thanks to Chris we are also the only Premier League team to lose to non league opposition. The majority of his time here has been poor, dire football and he has turned a team that with far lesser players were 6th highest scorers in the league to what we have now. For a so called ''defensive'' manager he is piss poor at that to, shipping in goals at an alarming rate. He has to go today.

" thanks to Chris we are also the only Premier League team to lose to non league opposition."

Well, if we''re picking on one-off games, why would you sack a manager who led the team to victories over Manchester United and Arsenal?

ncfc4eva wrote the following post at 03/11/2013 7:15 AM:

Would u be able to explain the improvements you''ve seen?

We have offered more going forward and created a lot more chances, we were unlucky against Cardiff not to get the three points! The mid field was beginning to look comfortable before the injuries and there has been more movement off the ball. At home we have played pretty well and will start picking up results. We have been unlucky with injuries, you can''t blame the manager for that.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]I''m backing Hughton till 5.00 on the 30th November. [/quote]Spotted your typo, should have read "I''m backing Hughton till 5.00 on the 3rd November"

We have offered more going forward and created a lot more chances, we were unlucky against Cardiff not to get the three points! The mid field was beginning to look comfortable before the injuries and there has been more movement off the ball. At home we have played pretty well and will start picking up results. We have been unlucky with injuries, you can''t blame the manager for that.

You really cannot be serious - offered more going forward - scored TWO goals. Football is a results game, we have won only TWO, and ONE of them at home! Unlucky with injuries - premiership football is about squads - CH states he has a very strong squad so ready replacements for injuries - that''s what a squad is for - well, how wrong is he. We are awful, full stop, and WE HAVE, AND ARE NOT IMPROVING!

Created more chances? Elmander Hooper and Rvw have had 6 (six) shots on target between them all season.

The midfield had looked better with the tettey fer and howson combo for a couple of games. The toothless attacking play has carried on from last season.

Unlucky against Cardiff at home to not get 3 points. I suppose winning that game changes everything? It doesn''t.

You would imagine with better players our general play should be better, we are still not picking up points where we should, not really an improvement?

He is playing the same style of play with different players, not going to work!

Giving him more time might well spell disaster and I, personally, cannot see light at the end of the tunnel under this manager.

The only hope is that yesterday''s result has impact enough to promote changes, both in attitude and tactics.

It is conceivable that this embarrassment could act as a catalyst bringing the player''s and management back together in a more united way.

I would therefore not put it past us to embark upon another mini run of success as we did last season.

I still want change though as I see no real future with the current approach which seems based upon ingrained negativity.

Giving him more time might well spell disaster and I, personally, cannot see light at the end of the tunnel under this manager.

The only hope is that yesterday''s result has impact enough to promote changes, both in attitude and tactics.

It is conceivable that this embarrassment could act as a catalyst bringing the player''s and management back together in a more united way.

I would therefore not put it past us to embark upon another mini run of success as we did last season.

I still want change though as I see no real future with the current approach which seems based upon ingrained negativity.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]I''m backing Hughton till 5.00 on the 30th November.

Injuries and a tough run of fixtures are no excuse for recent results but do offer some explanation.

I still believe we have seen progress this season and expect to see that continue and turn into results in the next home games.

Removal of a manager is not a end in itself, look what happened after Worthy went, I for one don''t want to watch that downward spiral again.

Get behind the team for the next few games, forget the management and back our lads to a couple of victories. We are quite capable of doing that and things could look a lot rosier by the end of the month.

Now is the time to show some guts, we''re in a corner and should all be coming out fighting for the team.

OTBC[/quote]
I dont entirely disagree. 
BUT.
Based on what we saw, has he lost the dressing room? I should hope mcnally is talking to senior plaers to find out, because if he has, he has to go now, im afraid.

If that "display" was an attempt from the players to send a message to the board that they want a change of manger then I''d be far more angry at them than the management team.

A lot like Roeder times I''m afraid. Done the important job in keeping us last season but doesn''t look capable to take us forward. We need to change now sadly, with the ''easier'' games coming up.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]If that "display" was an attempt from the players to send a message to the board that they want a change of manger then I''d be far more angry at them than the management team.[/quote]
I dont think that for a minute, I dont think players actually do that. But if they have no confidence in the manager and his tactics, then heads tend to go down pretty quick.

But what does it prove if we scrape 4 points from West Ham and Palace at home? We should do and probably would under any manager. The fact his that Hughton and his pals have proven themselves inept over 10 months now and the last two results suggest we have reached tipping point. It must be changed now before too much damage is done and it must be all three that go. I don''t want Calderwood or Trollope in charge temporarily if Hughton is sacked.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]I''m backing Hughton till 5.00 on the 30th November. Injuries and a tough run of fixtures are no excuse for recent results but do offer some explanation. I still believe we have seen progress this season and expect to see that continue and turn into results in the next home games. Removal of a manager is not a end in itself, look what happened after Worthy went, I for one don''t want to watch that downward spiral again. Get behind the team for the next few games, forget the management and back our lads to a couple of victories. We are quite capable of doing that and things could look a lot rosier by the end of the month. Now is the time to show some guts, we''re in a corner and should all be coming out fighting for the team. OTBC[/quote]

YOU are guilty of condeming our club to yet more defeats then............look where we we went sticking with Gunn .

The existing management team will take us down. The players looked totally lost yesterday - they lacked confidence, effort and ideas. Any change would put us in a better situation.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]I''m backing Hughton till 5.00 on the 30th November. Injuries and a tough run of fixtures are no excuse for recent results but do offer some explanation. I still believe we have seen progress this season and expect to see that continue and turn into results in the next home games. Removal of a manager is not a end in itself, look what happened after Worthy went, I for one don''t want to watch that downward spiral again. Get behind the team for the next few games, forget the management and back our lads to a couple of victories. We are quite capable of doing that and things could look a lot rosier by the end of the month. Now is the time to show some guts, we''re in a corner and should all be coming out fighting for the team. OTBC[/quote]

you must have yellow tinted glasses

Myself and friends who I talk to cant see any improvement anywhere on the pitch

Good second half from the lads, great to see a bit of confidence returning, there is plenty of quality in our side and we are not far away from a good string of results.

Howson was immense today, Fer is developing well into his midfield role, Snoddy''s goal was exactly why he needed to get some form back, Bennett confident and competent Ollson really making a difference with his attacking play, can see some great options deveping with him and Redmond! First goal for Hooper, it goes on.

Great result, well done Chris Hughton, you deserved it!

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Good second half from the lads, great to see a bit of confidence returning, there is plenty of quality in our side and we are not far away from a good string of results.

Howson was immense today, Fer is developing well into his midfield role, Snoddy''s goal was exactly why he needed to get some form back, Bennett confident and competent Ollson really making a difference with his attacking play, can see some great options deveping with him and Redmond! First goal for Hooper, it goes on.

Great result, well done Chris Hughton, you deserved it![/quote]Positives all over the pitch today, one of those days  where everyone played their part.Fer and Howson really stood out for me today.

thefutureisyellow wrote the following post at 03/11/2013 7:04 AM:

I''m backing Hughton till 5.00 on the 30th November.

OTBC

It''s 30th November and the manager has done his job! We now sit 14th in the Premier League. We have achieved this whilst suffering a horrendous run of injuries against a backdrop of players and manager having been put under immense pressure by our own fans.

Well done Chris Hughton.

Surely you now have to specify a new deadline with new criteria?

What do you need to see in December?

All he has done is buy himself time.

Le Juge wrote the following post at 30/11/2013 8:13 PM:

Surely you now have to specify a new deadline with new criteria?

What do you need to see in December?

All he has done is buy himself time.

That''s a fair question Le Juge.

" all he has done is buy himself time"..., I guess that could be said of any manager but I don''t now feel that a manager of a team who are 14th in the PL should be looked in that way going forward, I don''t think his position is under any threat at the moment and he doesn''t need that pressure.

As for December, I would hope to see us get a minimum of 6 points from our 6 fixtures, that will put us on 20 at the half point which isn''t pulling up trees but considering the new squad and the injuries would be ok.

If I had to bet on it I would put us on 21 points by the end of the month.