Sign in to follow this  

Beating West Ham could relegate us............

nutty nigel its no secret who i am to anyone on here i had to change some other accounts so decided to keep them all the same to make life easier, i really dont see the heat on Wiz for this thread i understand exactly what he means, a loss saturday would be welcome if the bigger picture was better. i want and i am sure wiz does too, city to win every game but imo a win saturday will just paper over the cracks and we will be stuck with a man who has gone past his sell by date.

Of course it''s no secret Ricky. If you''d have wanted it to be secret you wouldn''t have used one of your aliases. Wiz is controversial and courts the attention. Most of it is good humoured although a few go over the top with abuse. But that says more about the abusers than it does Wiz.

Beating West Ham COULD relegate us in November? I think not...

It "COULD" be the kickstart the team needs

It "COULD" be a catalyst to spurr the players and manager on

it "COULD" be the end for Hughton

The government "COULD" decide Christmas is now in May..

I "COULD" wake up with 2 heads tomorrow....

do we see the pattern?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Beating West Ham COULD relegate us in November? I think not...

It "COULD" be the kickstart the team needs

It "COULD" be a catalyst to spurr the players and manager on

it "COULD" be the end for Hughton

The government "COULD" decide Christmas is now in May..

I "COULD" wake up with 2 heads tomorrow....

do we see the pattern?[/quote]

Well if the government decide Christmas is in May that could help with the fixture problems FIFA will create if they manage to move the Qatar World Cup to the winter months.

It obviously won;t relegate us and obviously I want us to beat West Ham but i do get the gist of Wiz''s original point here that there is an argument that for the greater good it may be better to lose one more game and bring a swift end to his regime now rather than limp along with the occasional win keeping the manager in place but in general results never picking up. It all rather takes me back to the end of the Worthington era when (to the best of my recollection) we had to endure a few home games that were "must win" for poor old Worthy before he finally succumbed on that depressing afternoon against Burnley when (whatever people may say now) there were plenty of fans in that ground who felt us losing that game may have been the best thing in the long run. It didn''t work out that way of course but that was more because the board appointed a series of poor managers than anything else.

For what its worth I think the current regime will have learnt from the past and with the more ruthless new additions I don''t believe they will allow things to drag on in such a manner but I can certainly understand the general gist of Wiz''s point.

The original post does make the somewhat sweeping assumption that if Hughton were to be sacked then his replacement would be...... well he''d have to be better than Chris Hughton and we all know there''s very little or no guarantee of that in football.

The only manager who didn''t turn out to be poor since Worthy was Lambert. If Hughton is considered poor too then this board must be making the same mistakes as the previous one. In truth our success rate with new managers is the same as most other clubs. That''s why I was soooooo cynical about "anybody would be better than Worthy" and why I have grave doubts that replacing Hughton will make us more successful than keeping Hughton.

imo in the prem you need a manager with more wide scale Knowledge and contacts, look at Swansea, and Southampton for example, Hughton is a good manager up to this level, i wanted him here, was glad when he got appointed but he is not up to being a prem manager imo, i want to best for City and i think the best is bringing somebody new in before its too late, i would love to be proved wrong and we go on another ten match unbeaten run but just cant see it.

[quote user="rowdyman"]imo in the prem you need a manager with more wide scale Knowledge and contacts, look at Swansea, and Southampton for example, Hughton is a good manager up to this level, i wanted him here, was glad when he got appointed but he is not up to being a prem manager imo, i want to best for City and i think the best is bringing somebody new in before its too late, i would love to be proved wrong and we go on another ten match unbeaten run but just cant see it.[/quote]For not being up to Premiership manager standard, he must of got pretty lucky to finish 11th last season[;)]

Bah what a load of bloomin codswallop, fresh off the Suffolk coast too.

Look. From all of the evidence the board have demanded results. If Hughton gets one at the weekend it is a start, but no one''s foolish enough to think that one win would be enough - not even the board. They want results, continued success with consistancy.

So if Hughton wins at the weekend, which would see us out of the bottom three, he would perhaps be given a chance to build on that.

Jas is right, there are a lot of if''s and buts. Wiz rarely gets to a game these days and is a pretty poor judge of anything if his posting days on here are anything to go by.

Hughton COULD stay and we COULD finish in the top half of the table, stranger things have happened like Mike Walker leading the team to 3rd and beating Bayern Munich in the Olympic Stadium. No one would have every predicted that before it happened.

This also isn''t a ''keep the faith'' sort of post either. Just fed up that people slate Hughton so personally and criticise tactics they clearly haven''t seen.

Keep it bloody simple. We need results, the players look deflated, Hughton needs to get their heads up and them with a bit of confidence again, if he can''t then it''ll need to be addressed and someone identified who can get them going again.

Simple as that. Right now they could have played any formation in the world but they still would have been tonked at Man City.

How can any win relegate us! Daft statement..........we need as many wins as possible.

I''m pretty sure that spending 30 million would mean that Hughton has to achieve more that just keeping us up! So first and foremost we need the points to stay here, after that it''s up to the board to bring in a better manager if they see fit!

Last year we had one period where we shot up the table, I am sure as with all teams we will have a run of good results at some point.

The question really should be, we saw a glimpse of improvement and then two utterly useless no shows. Surely this cannot continue, if we have another no show then Hughton has to take responsibilty!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="rowdyman"]imo in the prem you need a manager with more wide scale Knowledge and contacts, look at Swansea, and Southampton for example, Hughton is a good manager up to this level, i wanted him here, was glad when he got appointed but he is not up to being a prem manager imo, i want to best for City and i think the best is bringing somebody new in before its too late, i would love to be proved wrong and we go on another ten match unbeaten run but just cant see it.[/quote]For not being up to Premiership manager standard, he must of got pretty lucky to finish 11th last season[;)][/quote]

he was pretty lucky to be fair mate, though of course you are the number fan morty keep forgetting.

[quote user="rowdyman"][quote user="morty"][quote user="rowdyman"]imo in the prem you need a manager with more wide scale Knowledge and contacts, look at Swansea, and Southampton for example, Hughton is a good manager up to this level, i wanted him here, was glad when he got appointed but he is not up to being a prem manager imo, i want to best for City and i think the best is bringing somebody new in before its too late, i would love to be proved wrong and we go on another ten match unbeaten run but just cant see it.[/quote]For not being up to Premiership manager standard, he must of got pretty lucky to finish 11th last season[;)][/quote]

he was pretty lucky to be fair mate, though of course you are the number fan morty keep forgetting.[/quote]Aye, all luck[Y]Who would have thought it, that where you finish in the Premier league is actually determined by luck.Amazing stuff!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="rowdyman"][quote user="morty"][quote user="rowdyman"]imo in the prem you need a manager with more wide scale Knowledge and contacts, look at Swansea, and Southampton for example, Hughton is a good manager up to this level, i wanted him here, was glad when he got appointed but he is not up to being a prem manager imo, i want to best for City and i think the best is bringing somebody new in before its too late, i would love to be proved wrong and we go on another ten match unbeaten run but just cant see it.[/quote]

For not being up to Premiership manager standard, he must of got pretty lucky to finish 11th last season[;)]
[/quote] he was pretty lucky to be fair mate, though of course you are the number fan morty keep forgetting.[/quote]

Aye, all luck[Y]

Who would have thought it, that where you finish in the Premier league is actually determined by luck.

Amazing stuff!
[/quote]

Don''t forget to apply the flattery co-efficient and the the ''on the beach'' weighting for a true reflection on last season.

And on Radio Norfolk this afternoon we talk to Dave from Lowestoft about his wonderful memories of the 1958 FA Cup run

" .................. of course it was all so different back then .... no roofs on three of the stands and only those fortunate enough to watch the game from the Wensum Stand were sheltered from the rain, which poured down as we beat Man Utd 3-0 .... so much so that you couldn''t even see the Cathedral ....it was that badunfortunately I rarely get the games now, bar the odd visit to hawk on the wall of fame and have to rely upon my dear friends at Radio Norfolk to provide live commentary, though I still find myself turning up the speed on the radio just before kick off so that On the Ball City comes across at the right tempo ... albeit sounding rather like Pinky and Perky ...er, so I have been toldsadly I now have virtually no recollection of any games attended between 1958 and the present due to what I have been told is a not too rare medical condition called ''memorus selectus favourus'' which also often blocks my longer term memory with regard to what I have previously stated it doen''t stop me recalling numerous log in names and passwords on various football forums ........................ an ability that has helped immensely in my various campaigns to drive the bu ggers out, raise my objections to convicted class A drug users who are homosexual  and owners who have wrongly helped themselves to club fundsregrets ? none other than that I appear to be a dying breed and other supporters do not get seem behind the club in the way I do "

thank you Dave .... and in tomorrow''s show we will chat with a man known as jim spartacus about why the tean needs to lose against West Ham if it is to have any chance of avoiding relegation .... a view that is unique in that it is not swayed by the emotional baggage of watching games live at Carrow Road

I want us to win and Hughton out, but I suspect least one of those isn''t going to happen.

The players aren''t playing for Hughton despite what they may say, so a draw is the best we can hope for.

Good to see you haven''t missed this gem city1st

The auld troll has had the quite the romp on here for the past couple of days.

he''ll probably spontaneously combust with joy if we lose against West Ham

''he''ll probably spontaneously combust with joy if we lose against West Ham''

Now that is a bleeding catch 22 scenario. Never have I wanted us to lose but that''s a spanner in my thinking. ''Taking one for the fans (not team)'' springs to mind now

and miss out on one of the better trollswith the simple binfolk now almost non existent on here we do need someone to hate the club on a regular basis

................. if only as something to laugh at

Let us be in no doubt the First Wizard called out hapless long before any of the apologists jumped on the band wagon.

So all let''s give him the respect he deserves for his foresight and dedication to the canaries. Maybe a small statue outside the Jarrold would be in order?

This I hope we lose for the greater good argument is beyond stupid! I''ve never heard such a load of defeatist cr@p. How do all you village idiots know that if we lose on Saturday evening Hughton will be sacked and we will immediately appoint gods gift to management who will automatically win every game?

We are more than one quarter of the way through the season and by my reckoning need more than 1 point per game to survive. Wishing to lose 3 points therefore is stupid.

I would like nothing more than for us to get all three points tomorrow. We need three points to keep us within range of those clubs above us.

The time to argue about sacking Hughton should be after the game. As he is still in charge for Saturday I hope to god he does a good job and we win.

Brightside wrote "The time to argue about sacking Hughton should be after the game. As he is still in charge for Saturday I hope to god he does a good job and we win."

Here here!

[quote user="chicken"]

From all of the evidence the board have demanded results. If Hughton gets one at the weekend it is a start, but no one''s foolish enough to think that one win would be enough - not even the board. They want results, continued success with consistancy.

So if Hughton wins at the weekend, which would see us out of the bottom three, he would perhaps be given a chance to build on that.

[/quote]

If I was a director I would be looking for all of three things:1) That the players are at least as fit as West Ham''s, and can keep going right to the end of the game.2) That the players are at least as committed as West Ham''s, and show no signs of despondency or fatalism if the game is not going well. That they not only like Hughton but are also at least a bit afraid of letting him down.3) That in any tactical battles Hughton at least holds his own, and even manages to set Allardyce some unexpected problems.If I was a director and I saw all those in a loss or a draw I would be happier than if I saw none or not all in a draw or a win.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Brightside wrote "The time to argue about sacking Hughton should be after the game. As he is still in charge for Saturday I hope to god he does a good job and we win." Here here![/quote]

You see Vanwink, this is where the Pompous One and his cohorts of minons have me figured out all wrong.

I''m desperate for a City win tomorrow, and if its achieved with CH''s guidence so much the better for him our club..............but sadly, I honestly believe that task is way beyond his limited ability now.

And I get no pleasure for saying that about a damn nice bloke..........no pleasure at all.

Looks like Wiz is already repositioning himself for the inevitible.. ''guys, I was so wrong! Hughton is a great manager.. yada yada etc etc BS BS''.

Wiz, I can''t tell whether you''re being genuine or just the most committed troll in history. If it''s the latter, I actually have more respect for you in a strange kind of way. But surely your efforts should be channeled in a more positive fashion, like achieving world peace or something.