Sign in to follow this  

Beating West Ham could relegate us............

Hear me out guys.

A win would no doubt save Hughton''s job, thus giving him permission to muck it all up for the next 8 games or so. Its a tricky situation for the board to be in, act now and avoid that scenario or stumble on, as in the Worthy days, and still let the wound fester resulting certain relegation

He has to go right now.[:@]

[quote user="lappinitup"]So you''re still hoping we lose on Saturday then Wiz...again. [:S]
[/quote]

^^What he said^^

Wiz you claimed the other week that you would never want us to lose!  So what is it?[:@]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="lappinitup"]So you''re still hoping we lose on Saturday then Wiz...again. [:S]
[/quote]

^^What he said^^

Wiz you claimed the other week that you would never want us to lose!  So what is it?[:@]

[/quote]

Err? where have I said I want us to lose?[:|]

He doesn''t want us to lose but then again he doesn''t want us to win, now without getting too technical I think what he wants is called a draw.

And we would the go up to 2 points off the top 10.... Nightmare, hughton out!!! Sack the board, sack captin canary, sack those blokes that drive the golf carts around on match days

[quote user="birchfest"]And we would the go up to 2 points off the top 10.... Nightmare, hughton out!!! Sack the board, sack captin canary, sack those blokes that drive the golf carts around on match days[/quote]

But my point is we would be in a false position, and we wouldn''t be 2 points off 10th..................they let other teams play this week too!

The problem with all this is - there''s no point sacking Hughton, however bad he is, unless you have someone better to replace him.

Three examples from the last two seasons - Wolves, Blackburn, QPR. I''m sure they all thought sacking the manager was a good idea at the time.

Yes Hughton probably does deserve the sack after Saturday''s miserable performance, but until we have someone demonsrtably better to take his place, be careful what you wish for.

Remember, even the "messiah" Redknapp couldn''t save QPR.

[quote user="Power Hamster"]The problem with all this is - there''s no point sacking Hughton, however bad he is, unless you have someone better to replace him. Three examples from the last two seasons - Wolves, Blackburn, QPR. I''m sure they all thought sacking the manager was a good idea at the time. Yes Hughton probably does deserve the sack after Saturday''s miserable performance, but until we have someone demonsrtably better to take his place, be careful what you wish for. Remember, even the "messiah" Redknapp couldn''t save QPR.[/quote]

1 word...Southampton.

False position? Your only as good as your points tally, that''s possibly the worst excuse I''ve ever read. How would it be a false position if we have more points than other teams, won more games than other teams, and hypothetically played well enough to beat west ham?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Power Hamster"]The problem with all this is - there''s no point sacking Hughton, however bad he is, unless you have someone better to replace him. Three examples from the last two seasons - Wolves, Blackburn, QPR. I''m sure they all thought sacking the manager was a good idea at the time. Yes Hughton probably does deserve the sack after Saturday''s miserable performance, but until we have someone demonsrtably better to take his place, be careful what you wish for. Remember, even the "messiah" Redknapp couldn''t save QPR.[/quote]

1 word...Southampton.

[/quote]Your one word doesn''t equal out Wolves, Blackburn, QPR, Reading, Portsmouth, Leeds etc etc though does it...

[quote user="birchfest"]False position? Your only as good as your points tally, that''s possibly the worst excuse I''ve ever read. How would it be a false position if we have more points than other teams, won more games than other teams, and hypothetically played well enough to beat west ham?[/quote]

Because we''d probably lose the next 8 games under Hughton, ala Worthy and Gunn. ...........he''s a poor manager yet you advocate papering over the cracks.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="First Wizard"]

1 word...Southampton.

[/quote]

Your one word doesn''t equal out Wolves, Blackburn, QPR, Reading, Portsmouth, Leeds etc etc though does it...
[/quote]

Now your getting desperate.

Yes I agree that Southampton was one example where sacking mid-term did work. But I would suggest that for every Southampton there are 3 or 4 cases where it didn''t work out.

[quote user="birchfest"]And we would the go up to 2 points off the top 10.... Nightmare, hughton out!!! Sack the board, sack captin canary, sack those blokes that drive the golf carts around on match days[/quote]

But my point is we would be in a false position

[/quote]Ah the old false position claim again, I was getting a little confused in the Myth thread about how this works exactly so I''ll have another go here if I might.The false or mythical position theory:1) If we are in a relegation spot we are in a true position.2) If we are higher up the table we are in a false position.So far so good but here''s where I get confused...The people who say 2) eg 11th place is a mythical/false position are the same people who refuse to accept that being in a relegation spot right now despite a recent run of tough matches is a false position and insist it must be our true position.Okaay I think I got that bit right.But they then shout and scream because we are in our "true position" insisting that we should be higher up the table in a "false position".But if we do reach that "false position" they shout and scream that it''s false and we really should be in our "true position".Never ending never happy and I find it very confusing.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

So are you hoping for a draw Wiz or if you could choose this a win but Hughton still gets the chop?

[/quote]

No, I want a win, always will, but I''ve just pointed out the pitfalls of said win.........and yes.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

So are you hoping for a draw Wiz or if you could choose this a win but Hughton still gets the chop?

[/quote]

No, I want a win, always will, but I''ve just pointed out the pitfalls of said win.........and yes.

[/quote]So what about that list that Lapps posted the other day, from over the years, where you said you hoped we''d lose?That did happen, right?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So what about that list that Lapps posted the other day, from over the years, where you said you hoped we''d lose?

That did happen, right?
[/quote]

But Wiz, you got quite angry and agressive the other week, when you said you''d never wanted us to lose![^o)]

I can see the point here, a win will only paper over the cracks, Hughton is not up to it simple as, its about the bigger picture right now, still loads of games left, i believe we have the players but we need a need leader, i would take defeat against westham for the long term future of the club, i have always been a Hughton fan, was pleased when he got the job but i think he has lost the plot.

some people think that win, lose or Draw and hughton will be gone anyway because the club will have the 2 week international break to bring someone in.

If we win maybe it will kick the start the season, maybe it''s all too late for Hughton, or maybe it will "paper over the cracks"

Fact is, none of us know.. so rather than sitting there with the ump lets put our efforts into making Carrow Road a pit of noise in front of the watching millions on TV and get behind the players.

When Southampton sacked their manager (despite being outside the relegation zone) they brought in a manager who, results seem to show (although he''s been well-funded) is a better manager.  Impossible to say for sure, of course, and it''s harsh on Adkins, but they''ve certainly done well so far under the new manager. 

The nightmare for me is Hughton is sacked without a better candidate lined up.

The OP reminds me of my mum.  She will always look on the black side.  If you won the lottery, she''d say "but now you''ll have all those people pestering you ...".  Wiz is the same, he loves being able to look at our problems and try to come up with every conceivable way things could get worse. 

So Wiz, did that happen? All those other times you wanted Norwich City (the club you allegedly support) to lose to oust a manager you didn''t like?

1 word...Southampton.

[/quote]After Southampton sacked Adkins on Jan 18th they gained 19 points from their 16 remaining gamesWhereas in the 16 games prior to his departure Adkins only gained.............19 pointsAlways best to check the stats before you make claims about a new manager being the saviour.[:D]

I suppose, a valid question from this pointless debate, would be - what if we win 1-0 playing terribly, a lucky own goal with west ham missing 5 open goals?

Unlikely scenario but not impossible - it doesn''t show Hughton has improved anything, but it does result in 3 points. Surely the board wouldn''t sack him? Yet the fans would still be, mostly, aggrieved.

[quote user="hogesar"]I suppose, a valid question from this pointless debate, would be - what if we win 1-0 playing terribly, a lucky own goal with west ham missing 5 open goals?

Unlikely scenario but not impossible - it doesn''t show Hughton has improved anything, but it does result in 3 points. Surely the board wouldn''t sack him? Yet the fans would still be, mostly, aggrieved.[/quote]I think for some fans it wouldn''t matter.3 points on the board would be a step in the right direction, but I really want to see something from the players on Saturday that says "I have confidence in the manager, and I want to play for him"