Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Feeling positive after today...

Because it was a good performance for most of the game, we looked better going forward and were very unlucky not to have scored today. Van Wolfswinkel got more sniffs today than in any other game so far, a couple of decent bits of link up play, Garrido looked decent and put in a few good balls.
There are a few players who perhaps aren''t playing to their best, Snodgrass is such a frustrating player, always gives 100% but his crossing leaves a lot to be desired at times and his decision making is questionable when he gets in the box. He seems to slow down counter attacks, which is just so frustrating because he''s one of our quicker players with the ball at his feet. 
A few players need to work harder for the strikers, and I really don''t understand why Snodgrass took that penalty today - I really hope it wasn''t down to him because as a midfielder he really needs to understand that the onus is on him to create chances for the strikers and our midfielders need it be to known that they are responsible for the lack of clear cut chances that we create for our forwards. It makes no sense whatsoever to me for him to take that penalty when Van Wolfswinkel is desperate for a goal for his confidence/morale - I can just see Grant Holt II, and Holt at least got to convert a few spot kicks last season. 
Crossing and corners remain a huge issue, so many wasted opportunities - last season we scored quite a few goals at corners, was Pilkington taking those or what? 
But we were excellent in possession at times today, completely dominated proceedings for the first half and parts of the second, and that is promising to me - that''s the way we want Norwich to play football, good passing football.
I''m still in two minds about Snodgrass and whether he is the right player to have on the pitch at the moment, I''d like to know just how many chances he creates from open play, and I wonder whether it is necessary to play Pilkington when Redmond is starting (one on each side, either side), and whether Snodgrass and Redmond on the pitch at the same time leaves us without a real danger from crosses. 
We defended well, we passed the ball well, kept possession - just seems to be our decision making around the box. Villa just always look so well drilled and on the ball - always know where to play the pass. We are predictable or sloppy as soon as we get anywhere near the 18 yard box.  
I just wonder whether it is time for Pilkington, and whether Hoolahan would be a better foil for Van Wolfswinkel. 
It is coming together though, it will be a decent season. 

Im a lot more positive after today, positive that this management team will take us down.