Sign in to follow this  
yellowandgreenmachine

Hughton

The three points flattered Villa today. Certainly based on their second half performance - which was akin to our away day tactics of shutting up shop and praying for a draw.

Difference being that they were actually successful at executing that approach and one of the worst Villa sides that I can remember in my lifetime (especially without Gabby and Benteke on the pitch) managed to keep us from scoring.

Bar Guzan''s wonder save from Hooper we created very little when it really mattered.

I know it''s early doors, but our form is a continuing pattern.

All the Hughton lovers will start talking about a couple of end of season wins against teams playing for nothing and our finishing position, but the bottom line is that the guy''s record here would have got many a manager sacked elsewhere.

I think he''s made some decent signings. But I think his tactical ability (or lack of it) means he is incapable of utilising the players he has brought here.

We are a small premier league team. Realistically we should be down there fighting each season. But he is increasing our chances of relegation. And I very much doubt he could install any form of fight into us if it really mattered.

We have a solid starting 11 and bench. But he isn''t the man to lead them.

We are sure-fire relegation prospects with him remaining at the helm.

[quote user="Truculent Trucker"]   Hughton''s attributes: He''s a smartly dressed gentleman....erm, can''t think of anything else.[/quote]He''ll certainly make a good impression down at the job centre.

[quote user="yellowandgreenmachine"] but the bottom line is that the guy''s record here would have got many a manager sacked elsewhere [/quote]
I can''t think of manager managers to get the sack 5 games into a season. 

As has been said by others, it''s the continuation of bad tactics and form. It''s not just a case of 5 games.

There is no way he''s getting the sack though.

Despite my admiration for McNally I don''t believe the hierarchy of the club would act until it''s too late.

He can understand why the crowd were unhappy about Redmond being taken off. I''m not sure he does. People, at least those around me, were unhappy because Snodgrass was being left on. He''s been poor all season and needs to be dropped.

He''s a skilful player when allowed time. But the problem is that the Premier League allows him no time! It''s painful how often he slows down play. He is normally very good from set plays too, but not this season.

What kind of message does it send out to other members of the squad when players who are so obviously out of form continue to get starts.