Sign in to follow this  
Reverend Timothy Smallpiece

Dean van Coneyswinkle

So, another 90 minutes for the "goal machine", another blank. His apologists can''t crew up their faces and scream that he wasn''t supplied with decent chances. He was, he just fluffed them all. The telling moment was early on - we''re awarded a penalty. Why isn''t young Finidi grabbing the ball out of the hapless Snodders hands? He supposed to be a striker. He is supposed to have been a dead-eyed penalty marksman for Sporting. Personally, I think he bottled it.

Hooper looked sharp and far more combative, a bit of the Flecky about him. It will be an absolute travesty of Finidi starts the next game at Hooper''s expense.

I think your being harsh on van wolfswinkel. I am flummoxed why some fans seem to want him to fail and glory in telling everyone how ''poorly'' he''s playing. If your''re wanting to be equally harsh to the rest of the team - Snodgrass cost us the game by missing a penalty, Hooper missed a sitter at the end, as did Pilkington and Bassong played a shocker at letting Kosak get away from him - thank goodness he''s injured!

I do think he should have scored, though I''ve seen plenty of strikers miss similar chances. Problem is, he doesn''t get enough chances to prove his worth. He is clearly, given his record, capable. The team lacks any solid sense of what to do going forward. Given the right tactics, he could prove  to do really well. Just I can never see that happening under Hughton. The same applies to every striker on the book, they''ll be lucky to get 10 goals between them!

RVW wanted to take the penaltybut Snodgrass wouldn''t let him!

RVW had two chances today, the 1st one came to him fast so he couldn''t direct it down, if he did it was a definate goal!

The 2nd one was a good shot that was only just wide!

I remain convinced RVW will do well for us if we learn that hes at this most dangerous in the 18 yard box!

[quote user="Reverend Timothy Smallpiece"]

A simple question. Would we have looked any less threatening with, perhaps, Steve Morison leading the line? I think we all know the answer in our heart of hearts. Starting to look like an expensive mistake?

He even looks a bit like Dean Coney.

[/quote]No, we wouldnt, but that doesn''t simply answer your question. It is only an expensive mistake if Hughton remains in charge for me! Morro or RVW, neither would have had the service needed.

Van Wolsfwinkel would score plenty of goals if he was an Aston Villa player. 
Van Persie has pulled a fast one on old winky by telling him to join Norwich. A masterstroke which will extend Van Persie''s international career by several years until another good young Dutch striker appears.
Well played Van Persie, well played son.