Sign in to follow this  
athenacanary

SACK HUGHTON NOW

Watched the game on the telly we were absolutely awful and week in week in week out we seem to play extremely negative football. RVw isn''t scoring because he hasn''t hardly had a sniff and when he finally does he cant convert it because hes lost nearly all his confidence.

I''m sorry but Hughton has now got his preferred squad the one he has chosen and we still seem rubbish, I think its time for him to go.

Thoughts, yes or no

mate id be pleased if he were to go but we werent awful. What game were you watching?

Were in trouble(probably) because of our terrible approach to away games which means we need to be very good at home.

Not scoring against a poor, poor Villa team is awful.

They can''t defend for toffee, haven''t had a clean sheet in god knows how long, were missing their best player and were one of the worst teams I''ve seen at Carrow Road since we were promoted.

And they beat us.

Regardless of the amount of possession we have, awful is a very apt description. In fact, it might not go far enough.

Hi

Sorry just very frustrated by the result we always loose at home to villa I''m sick of it and we have all the possession and ball but just cant take the chances we create.

Houghton at the end of the game looked absolutely clueless and like hed ran out of ideas.

We need a more attacking manager in fast and what i don''t get is when were 1-0 down why don''t we through everything at it and if we loose 2 or 3-0 at least we had a go.

Its getting truly worrying now though away at Stoke Cant see us getting anything and at home to Chelsea neither. Our last 6 games are really hard and we need to get lots of points in these next games, but I cant see where the goals are going to come from.

Hughton has had his chance watching him in charge now makes me feel like I want to break something.

[quote user="canarydan23"]Not scoring against a poor, poor Villa team is awful.

They can''t defend for toffee, haven''t had a clean sheet in god knows how long, were missing their best player and were one of the worst teams I''ve seen at Carrow Road since we were promoted.

And they beat us.

Regardless of the amount of possession we have, awful is a very apt description. In fact, it might not go far enough.[/quote]
Arsenal fans were calling for Wenger''s head after Villa beat them 3-1 last month.
They aren''t now. 

It seems as though he just cant motivate the players enough. We should have been throwing everything at them that 2nd half but it was so predictable. We didnt get the rub of the green today, thats not his fault, but managers live and die by their results and his are really poor. 3 straight defeats are coming at Stoke, Chelsea and Arsenal. I think he is done.

Should have gone a year ago.Has to go now, and after the interview I just heard I hope it is before we bomb out of the cup on Tuesday night.The inevitable question is who should come in instead. Tricky but Neil Adams as caretaker and then Poyet would be my preference right now.

I think it was just as woeful as last time out against Tottenham. It''s just so frustrating, and that can even be seen on the players'' faces, even Hughtons. Only problem is he''s too stubborn to change his ways.

I watched the game and I must admit we werent awful but, Snodgrass taking the penalty???? and not starting Hooper ??? Manager has to take some blame. I have never been comfortable with Hughton and never will I think he is a nice chap but nice chaps do not win games. We need someone who can utilise and inspire our team to win. I do not profess to be a football manager and nor would I want to be but if u are paid to deliver then do so or move on.!!!

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Should have gone a year ago.Has to go now, and after the interview I just heard I hope it is before we bomb out of the cup on Tuesday night.The inevitable question is who should come in instead. Tricky but Neil Adams as caretaker and then Poyet would be my preference right now.[/quote]
Well if he did get the sack, then Di Matteo is unemployed and recently said he wanted another job in England.
Was a top quality creative midfielder in his playing days. 

I didn''t see the game today so can''t comment about that, but after last week''s showing my faith in Hughton is eroding. I think he should be given some more time but then it''s perhaps best to seek an alternative? The question is who would replace Hughton? There''s no one that comes to mind to me. Perhaps Martin O''Neill?

Bassong today was quite awful and caused the villas goal to go in what was he doing? Bu to be fair its a one off for him and now hes injured which means a big hole in our defense.

Ryan Bennett did do well when he came on though.

We just look like we go out to defend and hope that we get some lucky goal.

Think Mcnally should start negotiations with Watford on Tuesday for Zola.

[quote user="JF"]Think Mcnally should start negotiations with Watford on Tuesday for Zola.[/quote]
Watford are minted and "negotiations" would be something like:
McNally "Hi, I was wondering whether we could talk to Zola about moving to us?"
Watford: "No"
McNally: "OK then".

And how do you know that he doesnt have a clause in his contract that allows him to talk to PL clubs? Dont kid yourself if we came calling he would jump at the chance. Minted or not if he had the chance to manage a PL club he would make it happen just like every other manager.

Just got back from the game.
I was willing to give Hughton a few more games but I think I am now one of those who want him gone, I think he is a good bloke and a good manager but only for the right club and that club is not us. Looking at our next 3 fixtures it would make sense to change it now to give someone 3 games to tinker and get use to the players rather than leave it and then it will be easier for the board to say well it was Stoke away, Chelsea at home and Arsenal which we did not expect to get much out of so Hughton needs a few more games....
I am still puzzled by Snodgrass taking that pen over RVW, I reckon he though it would be an easy way to win the fans back after a very poor start to the season.
Only manager I can think off who is free that I wouldn''t mind giving a chance to is Poyet.

[quote user="HoltsDerbyDayHattrick"]De Matteo

O''Neil

Poyet

Would probably be more but id have to have more of a think[/quote]
Not O''Neil for me, think he has had his time tbh, De Matteo is a possibility but I was not impressed with him at west brom. Has to be Poyet out of those three for me or maybe take a gamble on a overseas manager to bring a new style of play.