Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

This is the real reason why Hughton has to go....

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="The New Boy"]

That quote is lifted from a recent pinkun article which may well still be on the front page. 

[/quote]

Think he was talking about Benteke, Agbonlahor & Weimann wasn''t he?

[/quote]
Perhaps, can''t be bothered to re-read. Still, that would make it an entire article talking about how great Villa are and how we need to stop their ''positives''.
I''m fed up with him. How about Kevin Keegan, he is gung ho :)

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Take the point New Boy. Personally I think of Man U & C, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Semantics really - the real issue is that 4 from 9 is not good enough from the teams we''ve played thus far at home.[/quote]
4 from 9 would be fine if we thought there was any prospect of ever getting another away win.  When you are looking at 1 win in 18 or 2 wins in 18 away from home then home form becomes a very serious issue. 
That''s actually the biggest problem with a Hughton team.... if we''d have beaten Hull away then today could have gone down as a blip. 
If we thought we had any realistic chance of beating Stoke away next week then we wouldn''t be panicking. I don''t think we have a hope in hell of getting any points at all at the Britannia, and if we do get a point then I''d expect 0-0
Exactly the same as last year, you need to score goals to win games, we don''t score enough goals. He has spent £18m on strikers and bought one of this countries highest rated young wingers and we still don''t look like scoring.
And that''s enough to convince me that we need to bring somebody in who can get this team playing to the best of their abilities.  

A bit more of the quote for you:

“As a three I couldn’t say they are the best around, because there are some wonderful players in the division, but they are three exciting players who are all capable of scoring goals”

Which seems eminently reasonable to me.