Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

This is the real reason why Hughton has to go....

Hughton: “As a three I couldn’t say they are the best around" (talking about our three strikers)
Hughton: "he is a superb talent" (talking about our oppositions striker)
Lambert: "he can be anything" (talking about his own striker)
If he doesn''t rate his own players (the players that he bought by spending just as much money as Lambert), but thinks that other teams players are so superb, then perhaps he should piss off and manage one of these other teams with top quality players. 
Hughton has spent just as much if not more than Villa and most of the other mid-table teams in our league.
And.....
Hughton:  "You have to be able to stop their positives" (talking before the Villa game)
Lambert: "we’ll try to win again" (talking before the Norwich game)

And....
Hughton: "after a performance like that it is an opportunity to give some players a chance to do better in the next one" (talking after the Tottenham defeat)
Lambert: "I''ve never lost any confidence in my players" (talking after their third straight defeat). 
Also notice how Lambert says "my" players. Hughton should be able to use that word now, they are ''his'' signings aren''t they? Most of them at least?

For such a supposedly likeable man I find it very easy to dislike Hughton.He is a woeful manager was a terrible appointment that I will never understand.The one thing I will say for CH is that it really isn''t his fault he was offered the job- what was the thinking behind bringing in someone with no faith in the existing squad, very little time for the club in general and no intention of continuing the project we were in the middle of?

[quote user="Wazzy van Donkeydangler"]

The real reason he has to go is because his tactics are rubbish and we are embarrassingly poor.

[/quote]
Perhaps his tactics are spot on but he can''t motivate the players. 
Huckerby said that Roeder was spot on tactically. 

Let''s not take any former Newcastle managers anymore! haha! They don''t seem to work out.

I''m glad that now more fans and posters have finally got fed up with watching the sad decline of our team.

A month a go, I and a few others were told to give Hughton time, and at least 10 games. And basically told we were pant wetters. Good to know who to ignore in the future, as some people just don''t know what they are talking about. Funnily enough quite a few of those die hard Hughton supporters have now started to waiver after only 5 games.

The sooner he goes, the sooner we can move forward, as clearly this is his team and system now., and still no cigar.

I wonder if we''ll see deja vu as we did with Grant.

The board later admitted their mistake in appointing Grant as manager.  Saying something along the lines of, he''s a nice man, very good coach, but not a manager.

These are all things that could be attributed to Hughton.

[:^)]

New Boy wrote:

His tactics are shite - two wingers playing on the wrong sides so when the ball is crossed it goes naturally towards goal - keeper collects or headed away - 8.5 million striker no service! Hughton will never understand the word tactics as long as he has a hole in his ****!

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]Let''s not take any former Newcastle managers anymore! haha! They don''t seem to work out.

I''m glad that now more fans and posters have finally got fed up with watching the sad decline of our team.

A month a go, I and a few others were told to give Hughton time, and at least 10 games. And basically told we were pant wetters. Good to know who to ignore in the future, as some people just don''t know what they are talking about. Funnily enough quite a few of those die hard Hughton supporters have now started to waiver after only 5 games.

The sooner he goes, the sooner we can move forward, as clearly this is his team and system now., and still no cigar.[/quote]
Well we are 6 games into the season (including cup) so 10 games still sounds about right. 
We have Stoke next. If we lose that then he is surely as good as gone. 
But our next two games are Arsenal and Chelsea, two games where 0 points are expected. So I''d expect him if we lose to Stoke to get the opportunity to try and cause an upset and make amends. 
If we come out of our next three games with 0 points, or even just 1 point, that should be enough for him to get the chop before a completely winnable game against Cardiff at home.
Darren Huckerby as caretaker manager. 

[quote user="City 2nd"]New Boy wrote:

His tactics are shite - two wingers playing on the wrong sides so when the ball is crossed it goes naturally towards goal - keeper collects or headed away - 8.5 million striker no service! Hughton will never understand the word tactics as long as he has a hole in his ****![/quote]
True, particularly agree about the two wingers using their weaker foot. That''s why it makes absolutely no fucking sense whatsoever to leave Pilkington on the bench. He is the only one of our wingers who is truly both footed. 

[quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]Let''s not take any former Newcastle managers anymore! haha! They don''t seem to work out.

The sooner he goes, the sooner we can move forward, as clearly this is his team and system now., and still no cigar.[/quote]
Well we are 6 games into the season (including cup) so 10 games still sounds about right. 
But our next two games are Arsenal and Chelsea, two games where 0 points are expected. So I''d expect him if we lose to Stoke to get the opportunity to try and cause an upset and make amends. 
If we come out of our next three games with 0 points, or even just 1 point, that should be enough for him to get the chop before a completely winnable game against Cardiff at home.
Darren Huckerby as caretaker manager. 
[/quote]
In fact if we count our cup game this week, then 10 games sounds precisely right. No league win by the time we play Cardiff and he should go. Cardiff is the 11th game of the season. 
Huckerby as caretaker (would love to see that, just for a game or two!). 

New Boy wrote:
"Well we are 6 games into the season (including cup) so 10 games still sounds about right. 
Darren Huckerby as caretaker manager."
Problem is NewBoy, if we don''t have at least 10 points by the 10 game mark, you are asking the new guy who takes his place to play a massive amount of catch up. Basically to perform like a team that would finish 9th/10th for the rest of the season. Remember a new manager will need about 5 games to get his tactics bedded in. I think some on here really lack the foresight to see that we cannot afford to just write off the first 10-15 games of the season. A change should be made now, instead of giving Hughton more to time for no reason. Nothing will change anyway.
Also it should be Neil Adams in temporary charge. As much as I love Hucks, just no. 

"SeattleCanary"

Let''s not take any former Newcastle managers anymore! haha! They don''t seem to work out.

The sooner he goes, the sooner we can move forward, as clearly this is his team and system now., and still no cigar.

No, what a lot were saying was give him time with HIS players as we thought he might change his approach. Unfortunately he hasn''t really changed anything, just different faces doing the same things.

You shat yourself after the first loss and now want a medal for being proved right that the manager is actually crap.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]New Boy wrote:
"Well we are 6 games into the season (including cup) so 10 games still sounds about right. 
Darren Huckerby as caretaker manager."
Problem is NewBoy, if we don''t have at least 10 points by the 10 game mark, you are asking the new guy who takes his place to play a massive amount of catch up. Basically to perform like a team that would finish 9th/10th for the rest of the season. Remember a new manager will need about 5 games to get his tactics bedded in. I think some on here really lack the foresight to see that we cannot afford to just write off the first 10-15 games of the season. A change should be made now, instead of giving Hughton more to time for no reason. Nothing will change anyway.
Also it should be Neil Adams in temporary charge. As much as I love Hucks, just no. 
[/quote]
The first 10 games of this season only include 8 league games, there is no such thing as points in cup games. 
You do realise that we had a terrible start to last season and the season before that though, don''t you? And that we do actually have 4 points from our first 5 games? 
It is actually very common for new managers to get a ''honeymoon'' period where they get a fair bit of luck for a few games, usually because players are out to impress their new manager.
Arsenal and Chelsea are not games that we would otherwise have expected to get points from. Stoke away is never easy either. 
So by giving him three more league games, we are really only giving him Stoke away unless he can pull a rabbit of out a hat and buy himself some breathing time at Stamford Bridge or the Emirates. 

[quote user="Herman "]"SeattleCanary"

No, what a lot were saying was give him time with HIS players as we thought he might change his approach. Unfortunately he hasn''t really changed anything, just different faces doing the same things.

You shat yourself after the first loss and now want a medal for being proved right that the manager is actually crap.[/quote]
I don''t want a medal. Just pointing out that anyone with common sense could see it was not going to change from last season. And still these people that persist with giving him more time, are like those people hoping that each week their lottery numbers will come up. Give me a break! This game isn''t about pot luck. Hughton is being tactically outdone, he clearly isn''t preparing better than his opposition, and has many other failings. A good coach maybe, but not a manager for this level.

That won''t move the Board. Hughton will get at least until Christmas - that''s just the simple truth and it''s pointless anyone trying to suggest otherwise. There is no way they would sanction the spending they have a nd sack him after 5 or 6 games.

I agree with a lot of the sentiment on this board, and find our managers team selections particularly frustrating. Why Olsson is not playing is beyond me - a current Swedish international defender who can''t get in our squad! Hoolahan has to play instead of Howson, who is just not good enough.

There were signs today that the players are losing faith in each other - lack of workrate (particularly in recovering the ball), heads going down, and Snodgrass taking the penalty against team orders. There is clearly a management problem, and our season will depend on how Hughton resolves it - if he can''t he will be gone, but perhaps not until it is too late.

[quote user="Wolf"]It was all there last season![/quote]
I know, but it''s unbelievable that he is describing £18m worth of his signings in this line:
“As a three I couldn’t say they are the best around"
And discussing £7m of Paul Lambert signing in this line:
"he is a superb talent"
It is so much more noticeable now that he has spent the biggest transfer budget in our history and still has no faith in his players. 

[quote user="Wolf"]It was all there last season![/quote]
I know, but it''s unbelievable that he is describing £18m worth of his signings in this line:
And discussing £7m of Paul Lambert signing in this line:
"he is a superb talent"
It is so much more noticeable now that he has spent the biggest transfer budget in our history and still has no faith in his players. 

TheNewBoy wrote:
"The first 10 games of this season only include 8 league games, there is no such thing as points in cup games. 
You do realise that we had a terrible start to last season and the season before that though, don''t you? And that we do actually have 4 points from our first 5 games? 
It is actually very common for new managers to get a ''honeymoon'' period where they get a fair bit of luck for a few games, usually because players are out to impress their new manager.
Arsenal and Chelsea are not games that we would otherwise have expected to get points from. Stoke away is never easy either. 
So by giving him three more league games, we are really only giving him Stoke away unless he can pull a rabbit of out a hat and buy himself some breathing time at Stamford Bridge or the Emirates."
Firstly, I did not consider cup games as part of the 10 game period, as Premier League standard of play, and also the personnel we select will be different as shown in the Bury game, and this should not be looked at in the same way as a Prem game.
4 points for a possible 15 translates as - one win, one draw, and THREE losses. None of which are to the "big four" so far. We have also lost the great attacking football of recent seasons, and our defensive set up now means we concede 1 or 2 instead or 5 goals. Great. So we only lose by 1 or 2. A loss is a loss. Give me a 4-2 win at home over Newcastle any day. We won''t score 4 goals in a game this season the way we are playing!
And lastly, why waste the Arsenal and Chelsea games on Hughton. Let those be the honey moon period for christs sake! We''re expected to lose anyway as you have said, so either we will nick something as its the honey moon period, or have that as the bedding in time for the new guy and actually be prepared for the winnable games that come after.
At this stage he''d have to turn into SAF to gain back the fans and by the looks of it, the players. So we may as well put the guy out of his misery. Honestly tell me what you see that could change the course of things to come? We are wasting time on him better spent on someone new getting their feel for the club.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]
TheNewBoy wrote:
"The first 10 games of this season only include 8 league games, there is no such thing as points in cup games. 
So by giving him three more league games, we are really only giving him Stoke away unless he can pull a rabbit of out a hat and buy himself some breathing time at Stamford Bridge or the Emirates."
Firstly, I did not consider cup games as part of the 10 game period, as Premier League standard of play, and also the personnel we select will be different as shown in the Bury game, and this should not be looked at in the same way as a Prem game.
4 points for a possible 15 translates as - one win, one draw, and THREE losses. None of which are to the "big four" so far. We have also lost the great attacking football of recent seasons, and our defensive set up now means we concede 1 or 2 instead or 5 goals. Great. So we only lose by 1 or 2. A loss is a loss. Give me a 4-2 win at home over Newcastle any day. We won''t score 4 goals in a game this season the way we are playing!
And lastly, why waste the Arsenal and Chelsea games on Hughton. Let those be the honey moon period for christs sake! We''re expected to lose anyway as you have said, so either we will nick something as its the honey moon period, or have that as the bedding in time for the new guy and actually be prepared for the winnable games that come after.
At this stage he''d have to turn into SAF to gain back the fans and by the looks of it, the players. So we may as well put the guy out of his misery. Honestly tell me what you see that could change the course of things to come? We are wasting time on him better spent on someone new getting their feel for the club.
[/quote]
You can still get odds of 20/1 for Hughton to be first manager sacked if you have your eye on a nice cruise or your missus fancies a new three piece suite. 

The New Boy (Le Juge) wrote:
"You can still get odds of 20/1 for Hughton to be first manager sacked if you have your eye on a nice cruise or your missus fancies a new three piece suite."
Di Canio will go first, and then Hughton. I''d say thats why he is 20/1. We don''t have the worst manager in the league, they do. But I would think Hughton is in the bottom 5. Hull, and Palace will stick with their bosses for at least this season or maybe two thirds of it.

I have seen a lot of BS on this site about "pant wetters". You know, let''s wait and see after ten games...it''s not that bad. Well, it is that bad; Hughton is going to take us down. And let''s forget about this stuff about over-reaction to one game. We played against a team that haven''t kept a clean sheet in god knows how long and couldn''t score. The form and performances in this calendar year is that of a relegation candidate. Time for the board to act. Square pegs and round holes!

To answer the OP - Villa manage a clean sheet for the first time in 26 attempts. We manage one shot on target at home. We''ve got only 4 points from three homes games against non-top six teams. Those of us who travel away from home have long discounted any danger of us going for the win against any opposition. We were brought to the brink of relegation by our post-Christmas tactics, this pattern of under-performance continues.

[quote user="The New Boy"]

[/quote]

Where has he said that?

Highland.....
As much as I agree entirely with your sentiment (I too, until recently, could relatively frequently be found at away games), I do feel at pains to point out that Everton are a top six team because last season and the season before they finished in the top six. 

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[/quote]

Where has he said that?

[/quote]
That quote is lifted from a recent pinkun article which may well still be on the front page. 

That quote is lifted from a recent pinkun article which may well still be on the front page. 

[/quote]

Think he was talking about Benteke, Agbonlahor & Weimann wasn''t he?

Take the point New Boy. Personally I think of Man U & C, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Semantics really - the real issue is that 4 from 9 is not good enough from the teams we''ve played thus far at home.