Sign in to follow this  
My_left_foot

5 wins in last 26 PL games

Its funny because we have the capability to score, given the squad, but we look terrible under Hughtons non-guidance to the abyss.

It''s a results business. Enough said. I''d like a change now because the mentality seems off, and totally unlike the Norwich of recent seasons. We are where we deserve to be after these first 5 games!

Ironically I think most fans and observers are agreed that our squad is improved this season. Hughton bought well. But that has created a whole new pressure as it is definitely Hughton''s team now. The time when Hughton is naturally to be given the benefit of the doubt is running out. So if results don''t pick up it will be more clearly seen as a failure of management. I wonder if McNally will indicate to Hughton that he should go after the Ireland job. Hughton is a nice guy and if he were to get the Ireland job it would be an honourable solution for all thus avoiding any unpleasantness involved in sacking him

You may be right there Helsinki, if things haven''t turned by then CH may well be off. But it does seem only fair he is given until then - for me, today showed some good signs, some just are unwilling to see past the result.

[ The stat of 5 wins in 26 serves little purpose as it is over two seasons, including 20 games that aren''t ''relevant'' to where we currently sit].

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]You may be right there Helsinki, if things haven''t turned by then CH may well be off. But it does seem only fair he is given until then - for me, today showed some good signs, some just are unwilling to see past the result. [ The stat of 5 wins in 26 serves little purpose as it is over two seasons, including 20 games that aren''t ''relevant'' to where we currently sit].[/quote]

I agree, I actually thought a lot of our play was pretty good today, crosses aside. However I think people are always going to be critical if we lose a home match regardless of performance when we totally fail to show up to away games. The feeling today is made worse by the fact we now have an away match with a strong possibility we wont even go and try to win it.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]You may be right there Helsinki, if things haven''t turned by then CH may well be off. But it does seem only fair he is given until then - for me, today showed some good signs, some just are unwilling to see past the result. [ The stat of 5 wins in 26 serves little purpose as it is over two seasons, including 20 games that aren''t ''relevant'' to where we currently sit].[/quote]

I agree, I actually thought a lot of our play was pretty good today, crosses aside. However I think people are always going to be critical if we lose a home match regardless of performance when we totally fail to show up to away games. The feeling today is made worse by the fact we now have an away match with a strong possibility we wont even go and try to win it.

[/quote]

How can one shot on target at home against a team which has conceded in each of their last 26 PL games include any ''good signs''?

Just where does this one shot stat come from? It is bull: their keeper made at least 2-3 good saves + saved a pen, and was motm!

It isn''t just down to shots on target in any case, though, it is more about chances created, we created more than enough to win a game today.

So I''m hearing a lot of people saying we need to give CH more than 5 games before we take action so looking at our 2013 premier league result/points, is this really good enough??

Played 23

Won 5

Drawn 8

Lost 10

Points 23

So not hard to work out average 1 point per game,

Thoughts??

The penalty was 1 on net, and there was one other called a shot. Maybe Hoop''s effort wasn''t considered a shot since it basically bounced off him. But Guzan also snuffed out how many crosses, albeit soft floating ones?

[quote user="Highland Canary"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

[/quote] How can one shot on target at home against a team which has conceded in each of their last 26 PL games include any ''good signs''?[/quote]

There was good play by us today, particularly Fer, but if you play with wingers and they dont send in decent crosses even from corners your going to struggle for shots on target.

CTID, 20 of those results are not really relevant to this season. Of more import, surely is that we just invested £25m in the side through CH''s choices, so it surely makes some sense to give him time to get things to settle.

We could have so easily seen a different scoreline today, it was certainly not a ''deserved'' defeat. There was some decent play from us and some good proper passing football, signs of things possibly moving in the right direction (other than our crossing which was generally crap). Look beyond the result sometimes, there is more to see - though as a result based business you obviously have to start delivering points.

We''ve yet to play the top teams yet ie Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool who may carve us up, if we play like we are now.

I thought we had a relatively easier start to the season particularly the first 6 games. Let''s see what we can do against Stoke.

Branson, this is certainly the argument against change. Those that favour change would point to a continuation of our total capitulation away from home, unchanged from last season, and our inability to score a sufficient number of goals, unchanged from last season. We can''t afford to become established in the bottom three. We will lose against Stoke (because we won''t try to win); Chelsea and Arsenal will be at best challenging. Change now and we might have some new ideas for the Cardiff game, our next realistic chance of getting a win.