Sign in to follow this  
ryanncfc

Holt and Snodgrass

Before anyone moans, this is NOT a post about Holt (as such anyway). But when Holt was here and under Lambert, whenever he had a poor few games, he would be dropped for a couple of games to really give him a kick up the ar$e and show him the club is bigger than any player. He would then return full of fight and would be at his very best. Quite clearly (as we saw last term) Snodgrass is a top player, but maybe he''s got a little too comfortable in the team and thinks he will be an automatic pick. Does anybody else agree that a few games with him on the bench could really give him the kick he needs to push him to his limits and bring the best out of him? Give Pilkington a chance and drop Snodgrass for a while, it won''t hurt, surely?!

If, as has been said elsewhere, Snodgrass disobeyed his manager over the taking of today''s penalty, he should be disciplined and dropped for that alone.  As for his abysmal form this season he should be dropped for that as well.

Totally agree with the OP, there were plenty of games in the Lambert season where Holt didn''t start, and there were plenty of games where he came on as a sub hungry, and Morison got a load of goals when he did play, so that seemed to work. Last season I could understand sticking with the same team more often, as there were a lot of Lambert-era players, and Hughton was trying to add his influence to things. However this season there is no excuses for picking under-performing players - the team is strong in depth, CH seems happy with the squad (apart from Fox and Becchio) and there are plenty of talented options at Hughton''s disposal. 

Snodgrass needs to be brought back down to earth and dropped asap. He shouldn''t have even started today based on previous performances this season, he''s been the one player that I feel has badly under-performed so far. He might have been our key creative player this season, but his form this time round has been poor, and it''s not like we''re short of options to replace him. I''d like to see him rested for a few games and come back hungry to play, rather than see him play badly on a weekly basis.

Totally agree. Snodgrass is off form and for all of Redmonds pace at skill on the ball for my liking he doesn''t send over a decent cross either. Cant have two wingers who don''t send over decent delivery, Pilkington in for Snodgrass for me.

If he went against hughton to take the pen then action has to be taken. however, not all players will get a kick up the backside for not playing when being out of form (Morro for instance.) I''m not saying it''s right, but snoddy is a player that needs a good run of games to get going. and penalty aside I thought he didn''t have terrible game, he wasn''t fantastic but he was good.

If he went against hughton to take the pen then action has to be taken. however, not all players will get a kick up the backside for not playing when being out of form (Morro for instance.) I''m not saying it''s right, but snoddy is a player that needs a good run of games to get going. and penalty aside I thought he didn''t have terrible game, he wasn''t fantastic but he was good.

What game where you watching? Every time he kicked the ball it went straight to Guzman! When somebody touched him he complained for a free kick and finally he started to blame players who passed the ball to him and he gave it away! Time for pilks!