Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

So we're now in the bottom 3

and looking at our current form, and the games coming up, it might be a long long time before we get out of it. Something has to give, and quickly - 4 points & just 3 goals in 5 games is just not good enough.

Same last season, then some miraculous home wins vs ManU and Ars. That wont happen. With Hoots at the helm we will go down. 5 wins in 26 games

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I would like to see your crystal ball, how much are they?[/quote]No need for a crystal ball - it''s all there before your very eyes (if you bother to open them)

The league position after 5 games is meaningless, to use it to suggest anything much good or bad is pretty feeble.

That we need to string some decent performances/results together is obvious. IMO we were pretty close to a good one today, but need more in the final third.

Branston,Agreed re the poistion after 5 games, but is worry a lot of fans is the continuation of our awful form for the whole this year. I personally think that we looked better today because Villa are a counter attacking side that sat off us, we really just didnt look like creating enough clear cut chances and I dont think we look like snapping out of this malaise qucikly. How many games would be enough for you if 5 is too soon?

I think the general agreement pre-season was that we should give things 10 games to gel. For some reason, not wholly unexpected given that some never have warmed to CH, it seems a lot of people in reality had no intention of giving him any chance at all.

For me, there have been some decent signs and today there was quite a lot of decent play, particularly in the first half; in the second they sat back more and we struggled to break through as much as we''d hope - but should still have buried a couple of the chances we made. It was partly down to poor fortune though plenty of crap crossing as well.

5 games in and the trend is set, baring a miracle after 10 games we will still be in the bottom 3 with the games we have coming up. He should go now and give the new man time to work with the squad. Its a shame its gone this way but i think its just a matter of time now.

Branston Pickle wrote the following post at 2013-09-21 9:09 PM:

The league position after 5 games is meaningless, to use it to suggest anything much good or bad is pretty feeble.

What a ridiculous statement - how is it meaningless - it states fact, City have 4 points from a possible 15 and are currently the third worst team in the league a this stage.

It is fact that Hughton has overseen just 5 wins from the last 26 premier league games - I take it that is meaningless too?

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]1 goal in 4 sounds a lot worse than 3 from 5![/quote]
Neither sound great though do they? 

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I think the general agreement pre-season was that we should give things 10 games to gel. For some reason, not wholly unexpected given that some never have warmed to CH, it seems a lot of people in reality had no intention of giving him any chance at all.

For me, there have been some decent signs and today there was quite a lot of decent play, particularly in the first half; in the second they sat back more and we struggled to break through as much as we''d hope - but should still have buried a couple of the chances we made. It was partly down to poor fortune though plenty of crap crossing as well.[/quote]
The tenth game of this season is Arsenal away on 19th October. 
It would be strange to be completely content until the 19th October, and then really angry on the 20th October, so let''s just say that the stick of dynamite was lit today and will explode on 19th October unless extinguished in the meantime.
He still gets 10 games with me, but he only has 4 of those left. 

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]The league position after 5 games is meaningless[/quote]Harry Redknapp, October 2012[/quote]He took over QPR at the end of November...

Of course the league table is meaningless right now: none of the sides have played the same teams so it is ''ridiculous'' to suggest otherwise - though of course you''d prefer to be showing better form than we currently are.

To use stats over two seasons is also pretty stupid - what happened last season has (or should have) little bearing on the here and now.

It does rather seem some are desperate for Hughton to go and will point to anything and everything to justify it happening.

It would surely be better to give him the 10-12 games everyone apparently seemed happy with to try to get things to come together - we''d be an absolute laughing stock if we booted a guy who we just let spend £25m, after only 5 games.

I''m never usually one for tagging statistics together over the course of 2 seasons as theyre are different sets of circumstances and in our case Hughton had the opportinity with the funds available to him to improve the squad in the summer.

However even if you take this season in isolation the fact that we''re already in the relegation zone after an opening set of fixtures which (spurs away aside) were on paper an opportunity to get off to a good start is a huge concern , as the "hard" games are now to come.

If the next 3 fixtures go the way that you would imagine they would, there is a real danger that in a months time we will be cut adrift.....we must act now, whilst there is still time left.

its just not going to happen for Hughton....as the saying goes ,if you cant be a good manager be a lucky one, as today possibly showed, he''s neither.