Sign in to follow this  
JF

10 games.

Several posters are saying that Hughton should be given 10 games before contemplating sacking him. If those games are league games then that leaves Stoke away, Chelsea home, Arsenal away, Cardiff home and Man city away. I cant see any more than 3 points there so what do you consider to be needed for him to keep his job?

Dunno where this mythical 10 games figure has come from to be honest. Likely just a number that somebody pulled out of  their a**e that the hughton defenders caught a whiff of and clung on to. Problem is when 10 games is up your deluded posters such as morty, jas, LDC, branston, etc will expand it to ''well let''s give him until xmas''. Which will then become ''well we may aswell let him see it out now''. Followed by ''i think we should keep him as he is a good championship manager''.

Well I''d go with 10 games. CUSDP is with 10 games. I''d be interested to know who the certain posters are who are absent though and why you feel it neccessary to start a board war. (Which I''d be up for mind you!)

Teams take a while to gell and 10 games seems a reasonable length of time to give them/him.

There is a lot of focus on the manager on here but the players need to pull there fingers out too!

And it''s not just about the points. we need to see a more consistent level of play week in week out.

Yes we do need to see that but ultimately its a results business. Looking at those fixtures i think we will be on 7 points after 10 games, for this squad and the money he has spent that is no where near good enough.

So we shouldn'';t give him 10 games because you think we''ll only have 7 points. So we should sack the manager through results JF thinks we''ll get and not what he actually does get.

OK...............

Where did i say that Nigel? I was asking how many points people think we will be on after 10 games and how many points they think Hughton will need to have after 10 games to keep his job. That is a perfectly reasonable question and my opinion is we will be on 7 points after 10 games and that would not be enough. Doesnt mean that will happen its all hypothetical. You really are one of the biggest twats on this forum.

Can I be the biggest please? Who are the others I''m battling it out with?

And who are these certain posters who are absent?

I simply cant be bothered with you, if you read the post above mine that you refer to then it makes perfect sense, the poster named some people and those people havnt posted yet tonight, is it that hard to understand.. You could start an arguement in an empty room.

[quote user="JF"]Several posters are saying that Hughton should be given 10 games before contemplating sacking him. If those games are league games then that leaves Stoke away, Chelsea home, Arsenal away, Cardiff home and Man city away. I cant see any more than 3 points there so what do you consider to be needed for him to keep his job?[/quote]He''s been trusted with a massive transfer budget, has never bought poorly in the past, and has brought in several expensive players. Therefore, for me ten games is enough time to demonstrate he has the team''s support and confidence, and he can motivate and organise them into an effective team at home and away from home.Clearly my mind is pretty much made up after the last two weeks, but Ferguson was one FA cup tie away from the sack at Man Utd and that worked out okay.

[quote user="JF"]I simply cant be bothered with you, if you read the post above mine that you refer to then it makes perfect sense, the poster named some people and those people havnt posted yet tonight, is it that hard to understand.. You could start an arguement in an empty room.[/quote]

Exactly JF. So you are not among the posters who are giving the manager 10 games. It''s not rocket science is it? Idon''t mind being a twat but you really do appear thick as pigshit.

I also said 10 games and I also stick by that.
Although I think you will find most would have said something like "let''s wait until we are 10 games in before judging", rather than "let''s sack him after 10 games".
It still feels just about right. The discontent is now coming to the forefront, he is under pressure, and we are 6 games in. We have one cup game, then three league games against Stoke, Chelsea and Arsenal. That will be 10 games. 
What happens over the course of the next three or four games will probably very likely determine whether he keeps his job. If we somehow manage to come out of those four games with a cup win and 4 league points from those 3 league games, then he will have done enough to keep his job.
So yes, 10 games is absolutely spot on. Can''t see the problem with it. 
The last time that this board went into meltdown was 4th May 2013..... after we lost to Aston Villa.... at home. Almost five months later and he is still here, and an away win at Stoke would be enough to shut everybody up. 

[quote user="Bws Cat "]I said i''d give him 10 league games. I stand by that.[/quote]
I said 10 games rather than "league games", so that''s 8 league games from me.