Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

No noise from the Barclay...

For the self apointed ''best fans'' in Carrow road, there was very little in terms of support to back that claim up today. In fact even before Villa scored, the atmosphere was pretty terrible.

I know it''s easier to create a good atmosphere when we are bombarding the oppositions penalty area but even when we attacked today there was very little noise. We should focus on creating a better atmosphere with the current amount of fans before we even think about extending the ground.

Agree completely. I was only watching on tv today and I was really disappointed with the crowd reaction to them scoring - they went silent for about half an hour rather than urging them on and then proceeded just to become frustrated in the second half rather than creating an atmosphere to inspire the players - come on all you season ticket holders - get your act together! A poisonous atmosphere could cost us dearly at the moment - an inspiring one could help elevate us find some good form. And if we find some good form and get the team working to their full potential I really think there could be some really good results and performances around the corner.

I know that it wasn''t the result we all wanted, but i''m feeling much more positive than after the spurs match. Plenty to improve on, but I thought we looked a much better team than Villa, despite us still not clicking yet. dominated possession and how often can you say that. Really good start, shame we couldn''t get the goal though, and then their goal really stung us. We seemed to lose our composure then, which was disappointing, and never really regained the same sustained momentum again. On another day though even that performance could have been good enough what with the snodgrass penalty and the van wolfswinkel, hooper and pilkington chances it could have easily been 4-1

I was disgusted with the support today.

Barely any noise fron us today, Villa outsung us AGAIN today. We need to take our balls out of our handbags and get singing!

In the river end I tried a basic "Yeeeelooows" (not exactly diffucult is it?) and was met with silence.

[quote user="peateabee"]Agree completely. I was only watching on tv today and I was really disappointed with the crowd reaction to them scoring - they went silent for about half an hour rather than urging them on and then proceeded just to become frustrated in the second half rather than creating an atmosphere to inspire the players - come on all you season ticket holders - get your act together! A poisonous atmosphere could cost us dearly at the moment - an inspiring one could help elevate us find some good form. And if we find some good form and get the team working to their full potential I really think there could be some really good results and performances around the corner. I know that it wasn''t the result we all wanted, but i''m feeling much more positive than after the spurs match. Plenty to improve on, but I thought we looked a much better team than Villa, despite us still not clicking yet. dominated possession and how often can you say that. Really good start, shame we couldn''t get the goal though, and then their goal really stung us. We seemed to lose our composure then, which was disappointing, and never really regained the same sustained momentum again. On another day though even that performance could have been good enough what with the snodgrass penalty and the van wolfswinkel, hooper and pilkington chances it could have easily been 4-1[/quote]

Stopped reading after that bit.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="peateabee"]Agree completely. I was only watching on tv today and I was really disappointed with the crowd reaction to them scoring - they went silent for about half an hour rather than urging them on and then proceeded just to become frustrated in the second half rather than creating an atmosphere to inspire the players - come on all you season ticket holders - get your act together! A poisonous atmosphere could cost us dearly at the moment - an inspiring one could help elevate us find some good form. And if we find some good form and get the team working to their full potential I really think there could be some really good results and performances around the corner. I know that it wasn''t the result we all wanted, but i''m feeling much more positive than after the spurs match. Plenty to improve on, but I thought we looked a much better team than Villa, despite us still not clicking yet. dominated possession and how often can you say that. Really good start, shame we couldn''t get the goal though, and then their goal really stung us. We seemed to lose our composure then, which was disappointing, and never really regained the same sustained momentum again. On another day though even that performance could have been good enough what with the snodgrass penalty and the van wolfswinkel, hooper and pilkington chances it could have easily been 4-1[/quote]

Stopped reading after that bit.

[/quote]

Thats a shame, maybe you should have carried on reading. Not all of us are lucky enough to have a season ticket, or are in a position to get to every match, but that does make me less of a fan or my opinion worthless. I saw the same action as you, (in fact more with replays) and I know a rubbish atmosphere when I hear one. Also when all you can hear is the villa fans and the commentators keep saying how subdued it is in the stadium the evidence starts to build up.

[quote user="peateabee"]

Thats a shame, maybe you should have carried on reading. Not all of us are lucky enough to have a season ticket, or are in a position to get to every match, but that does make me less of a fan or my opinion worthless. I saw the same action as you, (in fact more with replays) and I know a rubbish atmosphere when I hear one. Also when all you can hear is the villa fans and the commentators keep saying how subdued it is in the stadium the evidence starts to build up.

[/quote]

I never said your opinion was worthless, I just think it''s a bit rich for you to be criticising others for not doing something that you''re not doing yourself. There''s a reason the atmosphere is flat at present, and that is because the football is flat.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="peateabee"]

Thats a shame, maybe you should have carried on reading. Not all of us are lucky enough to have a season ticket, or are in a position to get to every match, but that does make me less of a fan or my opinion worthless. I saw the same action as you, (in fact more with replays) and I know a rubbish atmosphere when I hear one. Also when all you can hear is the villa fans and the commentators keep saying how subdued it is in the stadium the evidence starts to build up.

[/quote]

I never said your opinion was worthless, I just think it''s a bit rich for you to be criticising others for not doing something that you''re not doing yourself. There''s a reason the atmosphere is flat at present, and that is because the football is flat.

[/quote]

I don''t really want to get in an argument, but I can''t ''do it myself'' because I can''t physically get to a lot of the games. I know the football is not always great at the mo, and for those who do spend money and time getting to the ground every week I understand it''s wearing, but I guess I was frustrated with the crowd today because I thought Villa were there for the taking and a bit of extra support MIGHT have really helped today.

Anybody actually sing today? And are you bloody surprised either? Look at the stats at home to villa who are fairly poor at the back and fairly inexpericened? Do we have to sing all the time we play villa? And would you watching the game on tv go and sing after witnessing that for the whole 90mins? And would you cheer after watching snodgrass miss a pen and plant everything at the gk? Well done!

Standard Barclays end responses ''''I won''t sing unless the team plays well enough to make me want to''''

Better fans sing to boost the team.

If you choose to buy a ticket in the end which everyone understands to be where the core vocal support should be you should f**king sing to make the club proud and boost the team. If you''re not down with that go sit in the family enclosure and let someone who does want to sing take your seat.

[quote user="LondonCanary"]Standard Barclays end responses ''''I won''t sing unless the team plays well enough to make me want to'''' Better fans sing to boost the team. If you choose to buy a ticket in the end which everyone understands to be where the core vocal support should be you should f**king sing to make the club proud and boost the team. If you''re not down with that go sit in the family enclosure and let someone who does want to sing take your seat.[/quote]

Are you only allowed to sing in The Barclay? Didn''t realise it was banned in the rest of the ground.

And why don''t you fuck off back to London pal? We''ve played 5 games and we''ve been terrible apart from Everton! Would be interesting to see where you sit and how often you sing? Obviously weren''t there today as nobody sang!

On a side note, I really believe we don`t have a fans hero, a Huckerby, Holt or MacVeigh who all had great attitude and good songs! These Hughton players need to start taking the lead. We need a leader and new hero and Redmond fits the bill for the future.

I couldn`t make it today as had personal problems to sort out and gave my tickets to brither in law and son who are not really into football.

It''s a simple question of demographics.

Norfolk people are generally undemonstrative and slow to rouse but we do have a vocal group and in my youth we all chose to congregate behind the Barclay goal.

In came seating and at first it was: sit where you could and so said types congregated similarly to before.

Then, in came high capacities and season ticket demand, the stands became static. There is as broad a mix in the Barclay as is most other stands and groups of mates are unable to get together.

On top of this and as with so many other EPL grounds the average supporter is getting older with 18 to 25 year olds often the ones priced out. In our part of he world we have an aged population anyway so will always have less of a proportion of youth to metropolitan clubs.

The Barclay as I knew it is long gone. It tries to compete with a similar capacity of away fans in an adjacent area but away fans are always more vocal so they have no chance.

But when we play well the whole ground gets involved and I''m afraid the team will have to lift the crowd more.

Wolfswinkel, I agree with your earlier post. I did a bit but, Christ, when we''re up against that on the pitch it''s really hard. We need a hero

[quote user="LondonCanary"]Standard Barclays end responses ''''I won''t sing unless the team plays well enough to make me want to''''

Better fans sing to boost the team.

If you choose to buy a ticket in the end which everyone understands to be where the core vocal support should be you should f**king sing to make the club proud and boost the team. If you''re not down with that go sit in the family enclosure and let someone who does want to sing take your seat.[/quote] VeryMuchThis!

Ok then, saying about singing, how many of you on here booed after the final whistle? I can remember quite alot of the ground did, why sing and give it your all and then boo? Might aswell do what we did and not sing! I''d rather that than boo our boys!

That is the trouble though, I don`t feel that they are our boys yet! not that I was there today to sing, but I don`t feel that connection yet! I still will never boo any of our teams though, as poor as they might be!

Been going for 12/13 years now I am not going to stop going to watch ncfc, I''ve been all the time we''ve had good times and through bad times! But some times we''ve got to admit we are poor and very fickle supporters! I will be there next game cheering the lads at kick off wishing the best! The longer were negative towards everyone involved the harder each game people will find it hard to song/cheer!

I have been to many away games in the 3 leagues we have played in recent years- and have to say that many if not all home fans are quiet....even the likes of Villa. 

Its the travelling fans - who are making a day of it, often with a few beers, that make the most noise.

We are well known for travelling in good numbers and good voice ourselves (FA youth cup was unbelievable).

I think every away game I attend WE end up singing  -   we''ll sing on our own / this is a library etc.

Carrow road like any club has its quiet days, but realistically I think we are far from the worst.

Actually I reckon we are some of the best.

wolfswinkel, I''m a vocal away fan - more fun. You clearly took what I said personally but it''s a fact.

Our home support is sh1t. It''s laughable. Barclay clearly ''''only sings when we are winning'''' we''re not winning recently and therefore no singing. All standin up chatting to mates while away fans school us.

We have one of the rare ground set ups where the supposed vocal home support are right next to the away support - it should be better than it is.

Away support is great though. Chelsea fans were blown away by youth cup following

Even on the most desperately bad days I have never once booed, although I was surrounded by many who did.

Actually, today I clapped the players who made the effort to walk over to thank the fans.

I would feel bad if I did......and I think it would destroy the players confidence when they need it most

LondonCanary wrote the following post at 21/09/2013 9:23 PM:

wolfswinkel, I''m a vocal away fan - more fun. You clearly took what I said personally but it''s a fact.

Our home support is s***. It''s laughable. Barclay clearly ''''only sings when we are winning'''' we''re not winning recently and therefore no singing. All standin up chatting to mates while away fans school us.

You targeted my reply so I gave you my respose! Sorry the way I did respond but a very frustrating day as I''m sure many other supporters would agree! But more times than others are support is very good home and away! I think we''re all very nervy at the current start of the season.