Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Tuesday's Game. Blessing or Curse?

How do you view the cup game on Tuesday?

We''ve got used to some early cup exits in recent years and some pretty embarrassing ones at that; but it has been possible to look at the bigger picture of league success and last season to point to Wigan''s demise.

Personally, I like a cup run, and the extra games are fine, as they are for sides with European itineraries.

Cup games provide a break from the league and give the manager a chance to try more players or experiment a bit. At their best they can help a side struggling for form to get it back.

But it is also the case that sides firing at the top of the Championship often beat sides struggling in the Premiership. The confidence and belief makes a difference as does the chance of a scalp.

Watford are an offensive side full of goals. They will really fancy taking on a brittle Norwich City. There is a good chance we will lose and lose badly. How would that affect us?

While a win and a performance would lift us, especially if our strikers get a goal or two, this match is otherwise a real banana skin which could further undermine us.

I think our players have to see it as an opportunity to prove themselves soon after the Villa game and get a bad result out of their system. I would also like to see certain players get match time, especially Hoolahan.

"Watford are an offensive side full of goals."

I wouldn''t say that, they seem ok ..............nothing nasty or violent etcThe game is a blessing,more so if Hughton sits in the stands and tells the players to go out and enjoy themselvesand add that they are in the PL, they are better players and that they should go out and show it