Sign in to follow this  
the bristol nest

Is it the players or is it the coaching team?

[quote user="the bristol nest"]It''s a football forum fella. [/quote]and what do folk do on a football forum ?

01 Ruddy - International

02 Martin - International

05 Bassong - International

06 Turner

18 Garrido

07 Snodgrass - International

08 Howson

10 Fer - U21 International

22 Redmond - U21 International

09 van Wolfswinkel - International

16 Elmander - International

8 of our starting line up today represent their country. That is as good a reason as any to think that the coaching staff are to blame for our inept performances.

[quote user="The Walking Man "]01 Ruddy - International

02 Martin - International

05 Bassong - International

06 Turner

18 Garrido

07 Snodgrass - International

08 Howson

10 Fer - U21 International

22 Redmond - U21 International

09 van Wolfswinkel - International

16 Elmander - International

8 of our starting line up today represent their country. That is as good a reason as any to think that the coaching staff are to blame for our inept performances.[/quote]

Agreed. It''s the most internationally representative squad that we have ever had.

Coaching staff definitely. Hughton, Calderwood and Trollope were all defensive-minded players who had very little idea about offensive play when they played and two of the three are failed managers (with maybe a third to be added shortly). Let''s not forget it was Calderwood''s brainwave to play Holt as a winger at Notts Forest. We have a Premiership playing squad and a Championship/League One coaching staff.    

How about the possibility it could be a combination of inter-related factors and can''t be attributed simply to a single source, be that "players" or "coaching team"?

Be careful on this thread people. I once got labelled a "disgrace" for questioning our coaching staff. For the record, my stance hasn''t changed. I won''t hunt the current management team out, but I wouldn''t be at all unhappy if they left tomorrow. Quite simply I want to go to games to enjoy the entertainment, win, lose or draw, and for a little over a season, the enjoyment ffactor has been very, very thin on the ground.