Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

The Media

If Hughton does get sacked.Think the club / fans need to be ready for an absolute Media onslaughtHe is such a popular figure in the English game and I can''t see the media being too kind on us.Hughton gets the Ireland job, we go after another manager. We all leave happy.Imagine that would be a great bit of PR by McNally

I don''t care about a media backlash. The media do not watch us week in week out and therefore will not necessarily be aware if the issues.

Reading Canary wrote:

If Hughton does get sacked.

Think the club / fans need to be ready for an absolute Media onslaught

He is such a popular figure in the English game and I can''t see the media being too kind on us.

Oh come on, Media onslaught - just because there were waves at Newcastle when he was relieved of his position dies not mean it will happen here at all. I would suggest quite the contrary - Hughton has won FIVE matches from the last TWENTY SIX. Judging on media comments of yesterday and today I would think his sacking is expected. He is supposed to be taking us to the next level? Quite simply, he isn''t!

If it did happen I can''t see what the media and footballing cognoscenti in general would have to go on.

"But he''s a really nice bloke" won''t cut it and any individual or outlet that lambasted us for doing  it for that reason would, rightfully, look stupid.

Likewise only five games into the season-especially when you have journos salivating at the prospect of Di Canio getting the big heave-ho after the same number of games as well as fewer from last season.

Sacking Hughton might seem the footballing equivalent of taking the kitten outside and drowning it in the water butt, however, as has been already said, some of those that would jump on the bandwagon of backlash would probably be typing ''Norwich'' for the first time in their professional lives as they queued up to have a go.

He wasn''t doing badly at Newcastle and the fans wanted him. That''s why his sacking got many an angry column inch.

That is the big difference to our situation.

Herman wrote the following post at 22/09/2013 10:24 AM:

He wasn''t doing badly at Newcastle and the fans wanted him. That''s why his sacking got many an angry column inch.

That is the big difference to our situation.

A sensible post Herman. And to be honest a media backlash is of little concern, what matters is that we start winning games and we must do what is necessary for that to happen.

The pressure is mounting on CH and the media will certainly increase that if anything. 10 game mark is where we need to be first though before we panic too much (unless of course we get hammered by Stoke and Chelsea before the break)

Regardless of any potential media backlash. It''s so frustrating, I really want the guy to do well and it to work out. CH has bought expertly, and early on, the football looked so much better than Aston Villas...but he has these disatrous ''blindspots''Whoever the board bring in, they really need to do their homework

The media weren''t too impressed when Adkins was sacked at Southampton and now they are raving about them.

To be fair I don''t think the media are overly fussed about what does or doesn''t happen at NCFC.