Sign in to follow this  
Fleck@Millwall

What must happen now

It''s fair to say that things have been pretty desperate for the whole of 2013. Last season we accepted that anything above 17th following Lamberts departure was a great season and many thought a combination of his departure and second-season syndrome would see us back in the Championship.

However, the team and style of play has been so poor and disjointed for a while. The recent comments from Holty and Ruddy suggest displeasure within the ranks borne out by arguments on the pitch yesterday. The situation with the penalty and CH''s subsequent comments are extraordinary for a professional football club. The defending for their goal, as highlighted on MOTD, was about as bad as it gets in professional football. The Wolf''s confidence is getting shot to pieces, many players seem to be on a downward spiral under CH''s reign - the persistance with Garrido is a joke when Ollson looks classy and mobile. The wheels have come off and been off for a while.

Norwich is not a club that can afford to leave it 10-15 games into the season, the fixture lists dictates we need to be safe before March, things are getting worse and we all know these situations, rightly or wrongly, only go one way. The tactics are terrible, the heart is gone, the players don''t appear to believe and confidence is shot - we, as a club, need to be at full pelt to compete. His tactics away from home are criminal, the match at Hull against 10 men for an hour with only one header on target says it all.

Solution: We all know Sunderland is a crisis club and Martin O''Neill is a quality manager with a terrific track record of playing good football with wingers and getting at teams both home and AWAY. He has unfinished business at the Carra after the Chase stuff and won;t want to leave domestic football with that blot on Wearside as his last post - he played for us, the players would respect his statue - we need stabilising because we are on the brink of going into free-fall at the minute. QPR left it to 12 games and couldn''t get out of it......

Houghton is a nice bloke and his treatment at Newcastle was awful but he''s the wrong man for us, we should wish him well, give him pat on the back for last seasons survival and give him a great reference to the Irish FA. He''s not a Norwich City manager.

I agree with most f that apart from having O''Neil as our next manager, he was once great but I think he is not the man he use to be and his head is most likely on family matters to have the time needed to turn the team around.

Agree with everything other than O''Neil, his heart isnt in in anymore.

"QPR left it to 12 games and couldn''t get out of it......"because they had a bunch of unmotivated mercenaries - the dead opposite of what we havewe need a manager who can get our squad playing as well as they want to playthe question is whether Hughton is the man for the job - the evidence suggests no

C H should be sacked now. Leave it for to long and it only makes it harder for the in coming manager to put right and turn things round. I believe C H will be sacked and I believe the C/E is ruthless enough to  make to  right choice and sack him. I believe C H will be in place for the Watford game while the C/E puts the feelers out for a new manager but whatever the Watford result C H will be gone.