Sign in to follow this  
rich

norwich 2005-06 champions

lets drown our sorrows tonight and tommorrow start planning for next season.
it was a cruel way to go down but major props to the
players for making it exciting, and mostly the fans
for amazing support. lets hope weve got the going up
feeling this time next year.

Rich - why was it a cruel way to go down.  Before the game we were in the driving seat and we then proceed to get absolutely thumped 6-0 with only one save for Van der Sar. YesI know the ref made some bad decisions but I dont think we were in it for the fight today and overall a very poor performance.  

Well I don''t agree with you there. We were in for the fight until we went 2-0 down. The ref was a joke. Should have had two penalties in the first half, Fulhams second goal should not have stood as it was not a foul in the first place. Ashton had a goal disallowed for a supposed foul on Knight.

In the opening half hour there was only one team in the game and that was Norwich. When we went 2-0 down I think we had the stuffing knocked out of us. To say we were not in the fight in rubbish. Would you have taken our situation we were in today at the start of the season? I think so!!

The reason we are going down is we couldn''t win games that we had perfect chances to win. Villa at home, Palace away, Spurs away etc!

Have to agree that was a truly abysmal display the only consolation was we knew our fate from early on , must have been much worse for Palace who were safe with just a few minutes to go. As for next season if we are going to bounce straight back we will need some good additions to the team because what we saw today would not make the play offs.

navman I meant the fact that we had got ourselves in the
box seat to not take advantage was cruel to us, the fans.
I agree we let ourselves down today or rather some players
did. at the end of the day we weren''t good enough and
got relegated.