Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's proper report v Villa

I would suggest that Hughton was trying to protect his players by those comments re the pen. Tbh, if grown footballers need a manager to sort them out about penalties, then something is wrong. He can tell them to sort it out, but honestly, after that it comes down to the players, in training etc. People will be blaming Hughton for the extortionate prices of the carp beer in the N & P soon. 

[quote user="AJ"]You can''t say ''if the penalty went in things wouldn''t been different''. Surely the fact it was never a penalty in a million years was more important[/quote]Totally irrelevant in the scheme of things because the penalty was given, so it was indeed a penalty.

When he came on, thought Pilkington''s movement was outstanding. Garrido was providing the width (and crossing) at times while Pilkington joined up with play more infield, providing more presence in /around the box. I''ve been critical in the past at how Pilks drifts in an out of games, and how he used to seem to only turn in a consistent performance against big teams, but yesterday he was spot on. He showed leadership, desire, and intelligent running, trying to link play with others and drag us purposely forward ...rather than speculatively. He deserves his chance again in the team. After a cameo like that, set against the predictable, petulent, unitelligent garbage being served up by his opposite number lately, if he doesn''t take his team place next game ...I''d be seeking to move on if I were him.