Sign in to follow this  
Tim Dawson

Penalty no brainer, mindboggling !!!!

So we''ve replaced Holty with an 8m striker who is bullied? out of taking a penalty by snodgrass? I''m sure Holty would have let that happen! I fear we''ve lost leadership on the field and I really missed Holty today.....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

So we''ve replaced Holty with an 8m striker who is bullied? out of taking a penalty by snodgrass? I''m sure Holty would have let that happen! I fear we''ve lost leadership on the field and I really missed Holty today.....

[/quote]Ricky spends most of the game staring at the ground.... as I said to you vs Southampton Strikers need to create their own chances when they aren''t getting the service... I want Ricky to succeed here, but I think he''s in for an unhappy (And Brief) spell with us....Hooper is our savoiur...

So we''re writing him off on the basis of him only scoring once in his first five games in a new country and new league, five games in which we''ve created next to f**k all and in which we''ve hardly given him a touch of the ball, despite his excellent and intelligent movement and runs.

Right.

Yes you did Jas but I wouldn''t write him off yet. But we need leadership on the field and RVW doesn''t seem to have that quality. I wouldn''t say Snoody had it either.

Really Jas?

Ricky worked his socks off again today! Did you see towards the end of the game Aston Villa went on the break and Ricky chased all the way back whilst Snoddy, Fer and Pilkington all stood still!

The only times l saw his head drop was after the Penalty miss and when the numerous poor deliveries from Snoddy failed to get anywhere near him!

He was dropping deeper and deeper trying to get some of the ball!

The issue is not him it is the supply!

Snake

The issue is not really with any individuals Snake. The issue is with us being an inneffective unit. Fer and Howson did ok but weren''t partners. Everyone is worrying about doing their job. And we are woefully short of leadership. And miss Holt!

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I don''t think Holt left for one reason Nutty, but I don''t think Hughton''s methods left him torn by indecision.[/quote]

He might just as easily have left because of jibes from our own fans Rudolph...

The leadership we are short of is from the manager. I couldnt see Snodgrass taking the penalty of the designated taker under any other manager, there is such a thing as being to nice im afraid.

There is a leadership void on the pitch and in the team, that''s why we''ve got this mess at the moment. Hughton has fudged it by appointing two captains and neither really work. Snodgrass takes advantage of the situation and I agree, bullies his way to the front as dead ball kicker too often but that isnt entirely because of his ego. Ricky is too soft at the moment and a bit of a lightweight...and this worries me. He is not robust enough for the PL...physically or mentally and that was shown today with the penalty...as our record signing I have yet to see anything from him that truly excites me and I am sure some of his team mates feel the same about him. Hughton''s reputation is staked on him so he will persevere with him...and Snoddy will continue to fill the void that the absence of leadership ...and the lack of a centre forward, leaves.

That Holty left because of jibes from some supporters.

You can''t blame Wolfie for the penalty incident. He clearly wanted the ball but Snodgrass obviously wasn''t giving it up. He''s trying to settle into a new team in a new country and a more senior and already settled player pulled rank, what is he supposed to do, wrestle him for it? If anything Seb or Russ should have had a word.

You''re right though, that would never have happened with Holt, Snoddy wouldn''t have dared.

Oh right. No I don''t Brownie. That was in reply to Rudolph who never had a good word to say about Holty last season and thought he was fitter than him cuz he rides a bike!![;)]

Snodgrass being an arse is no fault of either hughton or RvW.

Rvw ran to get the ball and snodgrass basically told him to F off. The worst thing RvW can do is get in an argument with the moody git who still wouldn''t have given him the ball.

Secondly hughton can''t storm on the pitch and demand he takes it, players have to take responsibility for there roles and I think snodgrass broke some sort of conduct, he wouldn''t give his corners and free kicks away right?

Lastly during the interview hughton can''t come out and say complete rubbish I demanded RvW takes penalties and instead snodgrass stole the ball and he shouldn''t have taken it. He''s tried to come out and say it in the best way possible and I think a private chat is probably a very loud telling off.

In his interview on canary call, hughton said we don''t have a set penalty taker because we don''t get many. That''s in the Glenn hoddle school of management preparation and is utterly abysmal.

If that is the case then that is poor, poor management and a decision which may well cost him.

I think people are being unduly harsh on a player who overall has been fantastic for us.
Yes, he might not have been the `designated` penalty taker although Hughton hardly sounded convincing in the interview. He hummed and harred around the issue and anyone who heard it knows he basically says well we hardly get penalties but `i would have expected ricky to take it`. Expecting it because he''s the only striker on the pitch, and actually having it in place are two different things altogether. And i think the former applied here.
Also - some of the abuse he''s getting - had he scored that penalty 95% of the bollocks on here wouldn''t have been said.
His whole attitude stinks? One of the hardest workers on the pitch.
Dropped for a month? To the detriment of the team? He might have had a poor start to the season but who the fuck else was even trying to get balls into the box today?! Did Redmond actually get a cross in?!
I really do here some absolute bollocks sitting in the Lower Barclay from a few imbeciles - it appears you all congregate on here!

Holt had clearly lost weight and got fit before this season with Wigan whereas he was overweight and unfit last season.

He is a professional and fitness is key to his job. He has everything in place to facilitate fitness.

On his salary there is no excuse. But there ''appeared'' to be a lot going on.

The move to Wigan seems to have put him in a better place and he gets himself in shape.

But if he enjoyed his football why wouldn''t he have carried on in the Premier league at Norwich.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]That''s not good. Never understand why fans feel the need to tweet abuse to players after a poor performance.[/quote]That''s a direct tweet from Snoddy nothing to do with me just for the record.

[quote user="Twitchy"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]That''s not good. Never understand why fans feel the need to tweet abuse to players after a poor performance.[/quote]That''s a direct tweet from Snoddy nothing to do with me just for the record.[/quote]Bar the last line btw.

Pyro Pete wrote the following post at 2013-09-21 9:16 PM:

Chris Goreham pressed Hughton for a definitive answer on the designated penalty-taker issue but he rather fudged his reply, perhaps preferring to sort it out in private rather than flame Snodgrass in public.

He actually didn''t fudge it _ he stated that he had expected RVW to take the pen, but he didn''t know why he hadn''t - and he hadn''t spoken to the players at all after the match had finished - he would do it tomorrow. Classic, a manager who can''t even be arsed to visit his own team after a game! Speaks volumes about the man and his man management!

It appears there are 2 different stories here regarding the penalty taker, the story on the home page very much indicates that RVW was the designated taker and Snodgrass took it from him, then there is the interview that people are saying there is no designated taker. All seems very unprofessional.

City 2nd,Of course the big flaw in this story was the little matter of half time. It is utterly inconceivable that this issue was not discussed between the players and between Snoddy and CH.Whilst it is laudable that he is not balling out his players in public a la Di Canio style, I think his response makes him look weak rather than diplomatic.