Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

What was the secret to the 10 game unbeaten run?

Well I thought it coincided with the introduction of Tettey amongst other things.

Could Tettey/Fer be the central midfield we''re looking for or is that just clutching at straws because it hasn''t been tried yet?

It was just a statistical anomaly. We turned to utter crap after that.

We were neither. Not 10-games-unbeaten-good, nor completely useles over the holiday season bad.

Nigel,Like you, I thought Tettey played a huge part in the run before he ran out of steam. The myster for me is why he played so sparingly since - CH obviously doesnt fancy him anymore as he is now apaprently behind both BJ and Howson as Fer''s partner.

It could be Hughton doesn''t fancy him or it could just as easily be a fitness issue. Theoretically the team that foggy posted has been improved. Fer for Johnson ticks that box. Houghton for Tettey.. maybe not.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It could be Hughton doesn''t fancy him or it could just as easily be a fitness issue. Theoretically the team that foggy posted has been improved. Fer for Johnson ticks that box. Houghton for Tettey.. maybe not.

[/quote]It''s Hughton, FFS!Though I suspect you meant Howson.

Found a system that worked with a particular group of players and stuck with. Haven''t seen that happen since.

As the performances and results show, the manager doesn''t really know how to get the best out of the players at the moment.

Good question. Don''t forget we had 3 points from 7 games last year, were second from bottom with a goal difference of - 12. Then we went on that run that from memory saw us 7th just before Christmas. So what did happen? Snodgrass had a great run. Bassong was immense, and seemed to guide whoever was beside him through. Bit of luck of course. It was odd though, the first half against Spurs where we were excellent was the last of such performances for a while. It really did seem as if we stuck rather than twist. I agree with the comment re Tetty. He grew into the role. Mark Bunn plaed in at least half of the 10 match run. Hoolahan played his part too.

And so, of course, did Mr Holt...... 

NB. the wins during that time were:

Arsenal, Stoke, Man Utd, Sunderland, Swansea  (Away) and Wigan.  

The secret was scoring at least as many as the opposition. Now there seems to be no emphasis on the word scoring

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]A little luck, a never say die attitude, a relatively fit squad, a side full confidence.

28 Ruddy

03 Whittaker

05 Bassong

06 Turner

18 Garrido

07 Snodgrass

08 Tettey

04 Johnson

12 Pilkington

14 Hoolahan

09 Holt[/quote]Therefore the team next week should be:Ruddy

Whittaker

Bassong (Bennett)Turner

Garrido

* RedmondTettey

* FerPilkington

* RVW

* Hooper

[quote user="First Wizard"]With hindsight............sheer bloody luck![/quote]With hindsight, your old signature...[img] http://www.carrowroad.net/carrow/images/ncfc-wizzo1.jpg[/img]

No there was more than luck involved, for a period of time we looked like a solid team, i mean really solid and there was a feeling it would take something special to beat us. The concerning thing is that it looks like that 10 game run was the blip in our ''form''