Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

Sack Hughton and bring in Di Matteo or Gus Poyet!!

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Personally I would cut our losses on Hughton now and give Neil Adams 5-7 matches as caretaker with an option to keep the job if it goes well. He may not be ready yet but he just might be. Maybe?[/quote]
Please tell me you are joking? I''d rather keep Hughton thanks, haven''t we learnt from Bryan Gunn?
It would be illegal to give him the full job anyway if he doesn''t have the UEFA Pro License. 
The maximum time that somebody can be an unqualified caretaker/manager for without a UEFA Pro License in any of the top leagues in Europe is 12 weeks.

I think you need a calendar and some basic maths skills TNB.

I do agree with you about Adams. It''s too much of a risk.

Yes there was Gunn but also Mike Walker, Ken Brown and Dave Stringer. I''m only saying give him the remainder of Hughton''s ''10 games''- if he doesn''t have his Pro License let him go and get it as needed.

Ok so you have all been complaining about negative football for about a year and now you want us to bring in RDM, the guy who had a 500 million squad at his disposal and played the most negative football I''ve ever seen at Chelsea.... Makes sense

[quote user="ellis206"]Ok so you have all been complaining about negative football for about a year and now you want us to bring in RDM, the guy who had a 500 million squad at his disposal and played the most negative football I''ve ever seen at Chelsea.... Makes sense[/quote]Not all- I do not think he would be the right choice at all.

Why do people want Poyet and Zola? They have proven nothing.

Surely we have earned the right to appoint a manager who has proper top flight experience, whether that be here or another top European league.

Poyet has managed in league 1 and the championship, let a club on the level of a Palace take a punt on him.

[quote user="Herman "]I think you need a calendar and some basic maths skills TNB.

I do agree with you about Adams. It''s too much of a risk.[/quote]
"Option to keep the job"
= There is no option to ''keep the job'', because you need a UEFA Pro License to become a permanent manager (three months is the maximum for an unqualified caretaker).
Adams + Huckerby for one or two games, three at most. Absolutely no longer than that. 

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"] if he doesn''t have his Pro License let him go and get it as needed. [/quote]
That''s not something that you can just go and get like a fishing license from the post office. 

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Herman "]I think you need a calendar and some basic maths skills TNB.

I do agree with you about Adams. It''s too much of a risk.[/quote]
"Option to keep the job"
= There is no option to ''keep the job'', because you need a UEFA Pro License to become a permanent manager (three months is the maximum for an unqualified caretaker).
Adams + Huckerby for one or two games, three at most. Absolutely no longer than that. 
[/quote]Sorry- I see what you read in that. I meant (Licenses not withstanding as I don''t know what he has or how long he would need to get them) that give him a handful of matches and see if he could be/is cut out for it. Either immediately or in the summer.I did not mean to give Adams the option to continue if HE wanted to, but if the board wanted him to.

Although I''m wary of unproven managers, am liking the Dennis Bergkamp suggestion that''s been made by a couple of posters (if Hughton were to leave that is). I think it''s very much safe to say you''d see attacking creative football if he was our next manager. His footballing brain is second to none, we all know that. I believe he''s back working at Ajax now isn''t he? Would put money on it he''ll become a top manager.