Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

Sack Hughton and bring in Di Matteo or Gus Poyet!!

I was sick of Hughton by the end of last season. But I thought, no he''s kept us up, he deserves the chance to change things given more cash. Now watching so far nothing has changed. Yes he''s brought in some good attacking players but he continues to shackle the players so they''re not able to express themselves. I''d sack him before we lose any more ground, and try to bring in one of the two names I''ve mentioned in the title. Lets see the old attacking Norwich back please!

According to Bethnal, who tends to know, Poyet cannot manage anywhere until his claim for wrongful dismissal against Brighton is settled, and that may not be for some months. Unless he decided to drop the case.

Rene Meulensteen and gary nevile played and won everything in club football knows how game should be played

players would respect rene as a coach nevile as the manager

For me, not experienced enough. ATM we need someone who is going to consolidate us in the prem. We need stability, I still people are too quick to want Hughton out. I always think you should give a manager 10 games at the stat of the season (unless you''re bryan gunn). I''m gonna give him 5 games and if we don''t win any of them then fair enough, sack him.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]For me, not experienced enough. ATM we need someone who is going to consolidate us in the prem. We need stability, I still people are too quick to want Hughton out. I always think you should give a manager 10 games at the stat of the season (unless you''re bryan gunn). I''m gonna give him 5 games and if we don''t win any of them then fair enough, sack him.[/quote]

Looking at our next 5 games, Hughton better get down the job centre!

Di Matteo... yes because a manager who has won the champions league with one of the biggest clubs in europe is going to beat a path to Carrow Road isn''t he?wakey wakey!

[quote user="JF"]Why wouldnt an out of work manager come here?[/quote]ok.. you''ve won the champions league with one of the biggest clubs in Europe before being unfairly sacked, you also finished in the top 4 of the premiership and bagged the FA cup.relegation threatened Norwich phone you up.. what do you do? and take the Fan Blinkers off for a moment...

On that basis he will never work in management again, i dont see clubs knocking his door down, do you?

[quote user="Herman "]Not having a go, but why little Tommy Tuchel? A bit more education for me please.[/quote]

Here''s an article written on him and his philosophy:

http://bundesligafootball.co.uk/2012/07/what-now-for-thomas-tuchel/

Firstly I don''t think there''s a single British coach out there that I would want at Norwich at this moment in time, that means we would have to appoint a foreigner.

There are few managers who have had relative success in the Premier League that we could realistically attract here (I wouldn''t mind Di Matteo to be fair, whether he''d come here who knows) that leaves us going into the lower leagues for a coach or overseas.

People are talking about Poyet and Zola. I don''t particularly rate Poyet just yet and I think there''s more to his sacking than meets the eye, and I think Tuchel is a better target than Zola.

Why do I think this?

Tuchel has taken Mainz to a club record 4 consecutive seasons in the Bundisliga with improvement being shown. Secondly he has proven he can work with a small budget (our budget is probably bigger) and also has a track record of developing young players (Let''s be fair i''ll be disappointed if none of our youth team get the opportunity to develop here!)

Thirdly, although he has a contract for another 2 years he is only on about 1m euros per year so compensation won''t be that much.

Fourthly there has been talk that Tuchel has taken Mainz as far as he can and that he''s looking for a new challenge, why not Norwich? There isn''t a big job in Germany coming up just yet.

He might not fancy us but I''d certainly like to try and make an approach. Whatever happens I can''t see any improvement under Hughton!

Thanks for that. An intelligent and informative post. Much better than some of the names that are being chucked around.

good post about Thomas Tuchel, I never really knew about him but after reading your link and checking out some training videos and such he might not be a bad idea. Clearly something needs to happen so I would not mind seeing him here and a complete change in training styles and tactics might just be what the doctor ordered. One question though, does he speak English?

Billy Davies is a tw** but would bring some much needed fire & passion into the place, I''m not so sure Di Matteo is that good, yes he won things at chelsea but come on with the squad he had to work with domestic trophies were a minimum, champ league was a bonus won on the back of a siege mentality, not forgetting the player power that did for AVB having a point to prove, his WBA record is a much better yardstick to assess his credentials, piss poor!

Poyet seems unavailable until his legal case is sorted & Zola ilike Davies largely unproven in prem''...all very risky, maybe a continental manager would work, I''m glad it''s not my decision, all agreed though that something needs to be done,

[quote user="The Walking Man "][quote user="Herman "]Not having a go, but why little Tommy Tuchel? A bit more education for me please.[/quote]

Here''s an article written on him and his philosophy:

http://bundesligafootball.co.uk/2012/07/what-now-for-thomas-tuchel/

Firstly I don''t think there''s a single British coach out there that I would want at Norwich at this moment in time, that means we would have to appoint a foreigner.

There are few managers who have had relative success in the Premier League that we could realistically attract here (I wouldn''t mind Di Matteo to be fair, whether he''d come here who knows) that leaves us going into the lower leagues for a coach or overseas.

People are talking about Poyet and Zola. I don''t particularly rate Poyet just yet and I think there''s more to his sacking than meets the eye, and I think Tuchel is a better target than Zola.

Why do I think this?

Tuchel has taken Mainz to a club record 4 consecutive seasons in the Bundisliga with improvement being shown. Secondly he has proven he can work with a small budget (our budget is probably bigger) and also has a track record of developing young players (Let''s be fair i''ll be disappointed if none of our youth team get the opportunity to develop here!)

Thirdly, although he has a contract for another 2 years he is only on about 1m euros per year so compensation won''t be that much.

Fourthly there has been talk that Tuchel has taken Mainz as far as he can and that he''s looking for a new challenge, why not Norwich? There isn''t a big job in Germany coming up just yet.

He might not fancy us but I''d certainly like to try and make an approach. Whatever happens I can''t see any improvement under Hughton![/quote][Y] You''ve put it much better than I could (or have the patience for) regarding the usual suspects being named. VMT regarding the appointment of our next manager

Why would Poyet fit the bill for us?
No experience at the top level, similar safety first approach to Hughton - that seems to be good for a play off place in the Championship, but no evidence of anything more. Does not strile me as being an inspirational type of manager that is likely to unite the dressing room. If anything seems a bit of a cold fish.
Plus what exactly did go on at Brighton?
Keep well clear in my view.

Yeah I wouldn''t want Poyet here, some pretty nasty stuff coming out from Brighton. Also seems to open his mouth a lot (look at his comments on the Suarez/Evra case)

Would love Di Matteo. Agree we''d have to go foreign, not any British guys out there I''d want

I do not think Di Matteo would be very good here. Was OK at MK but was perceived as a bit soft within the club and at Chelsea it was mostly that the senior players liked the power he handed them after the AVB fiasco.At WBA he seemed out of his depth and I think we would be absolutely no better off than we are now.Poyet I see as the natural successor to Lambert and would get the best from our squad, I did not see a huge amount of his Brighton team but what I did see looked lively and attacking with freedom and confidence.Personally I would cut our losses on Hughton now and give Neil Adams 5-7 matches as caretaker with an option to keep the job if it goes well. He may not be ready yet but he just might be. Maybe?