Sign in to follow this  
canaryman

Hughton given 8 weeks

Heard this from an unnamed source but big within the club. He has only 8 weeks left at the club before he is sacked regardless of results. Opinions on this and possible replacement?

I think personally maybe poach Di Canio from sunderland or brucey!!

I''ve heard this too.

He''s basically been given 8 weeks notice because he''s a nice bloke. That should give him and his family time to work out what they want to do next and gives Chrissy some time to tout around for another job. Although he''ll be "on the bench" matchdays, team affairs are going to be looked after by a committee of senior players, Russell Martin, Seb Bassong and Robert Snodgrass are the three names I was told.

Big Ron Atkinson lined up as a replacement.

Di Canio is poison, no thanks.

Bruce, nothing against him, but think we need better.

Martin O''Neil will be a name banged around, but again it''s a no from me, think he needs some time out and needs to fall in love with the game again

Poyet would be an option, but like Di Canio can be a bit of a firework.

One name suggested which is a bit out of the blue but could be good is Fergies old number 2 Rene Muelensteen.

That is about all my know how, open to what others have to say

Cor blas bor thas a load a squit!!

"IF" anything does happen to CH....it would happen quickly......and "if" it does then my choice would be Hoddle and I have my tin hat on! 

That is the most ridiculous thing I have heard in a long time!

What if, by some miracle, we win 6 out of the next 8 games and are in the top 4. Sacking him then would make us a laughing stock.

The flip-side is that we seriously run the risk of losing every single game over the next eight weeks as the morale of the players having to play under a "dead man walking" would be rock bottom.

What''s wrong with 4 weeks? Or 1 week?

There''s no room for sentiment in Business, If we loose every game in those 8 weeks (unlikely but still) and we are sitting bottom of the prem, then that has to be one of the worst decisions ever made by a club, just because ''Hughtons a nice guy'' Sounds like utter tosh to me. Football isn''t just a game anymore it''s a business, I''d very much doubt McNally would consider that. But I shant dismiss your OP completely just incase..

[quote user="canaryman"]

Heard this from an unnamed source but big within the club. He has only 8 weeks left at the club before he is sacked regardless of results. Opinions on this and possible replacement?

[/quote]yep, a troll with very few posts has some inside informationthat curiously has only been leaked after the post suggesting Hughton has been sacked

back in your box binboy

Why are people stupid enough to believe this rubbish. If there was ever any conversation between McNally and Hughton on the subject nobody else would know anything about it.You can ask the question at the Forum on Oct 8th, but don''t blame me if you get laughed out of the room.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="canaryman"]

[/quote]yep, a troll with very few posts has some inside informationthat curiously has only been leaked after the post suggesting Hughton has been sacked

back in your box binboy

[/quote]

I have it on good authority from my informant from within the club that Chris has been given until the Crystal Palace game and then regardless of results in the run up to that game, he will be sacked at half time and fired from a circus cannon positioned in the centre circle over the River End into the Wensum. Looking forwards to it personally.

[quote user="canaryman"]

[/quote]

Are you allowed to be a person without a name?

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="canaryman"]

back in your box binboy

[/quote]i will not be spoken to like that by you or anyone so fu(k off.... OOPS

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Foulger is quite big. But then so is Stephen Fry. (The fat controller was bigger mind you) Was it one of them[:^)]

[/quote]Ah, that was then Nutty.....He cut a very svelte figure when I saw him on his mobile outside the Theatre Royal one evening a couple of months back.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

The fat controller was bigger mind you [:^)]

[/quote]- In the interest of political correctness it is actually now "Sir Topham Hat"

[quote user="Warren Hill"]I''ve heard this too.

He''s basically been given 8 weeks notice because he''s a nice bloke. That should give him and his family time to work out what they want to do next and gives Chrissy some time to tout around for another job. Although he''ll be "on the bench" matchdays, team affairs are going to be looked after by a committee of senior players, Russell Martin, Seb Bassong and Robert Snodgrass are the three names I was told.

Big Ron Atkinson lined up as a replacement.[/quote]I heard this too.  The "nice guy" severance package also includes a new identity with passports, and the option to blame it all on Calderwood and the other one via an exclusive set of interviews with the Daily Mirror.

[quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="City1st"][quote user="canaryman"]

back in your box binboy

[/quote]i will not be spoken to like that by you or anyone so fu(k off.... OOPS[/quote]Another "second accounter" outs themselves.Splendid work.

When i read the thread title i thought it was a sentence for crimes against football.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Foulger is quite big. But then so is Stephen Fry. (The fat controller was bigger mind you) Was it one of them[:^)]

[/quote]Ah, that was then Nutty.....He cut a very svelte figure when I saw him on his mobile outside the Theatre Royal one evening a couple of months back.

[/quote]

Yes, so I''ve heard! Sir Topham Hat is probably kinder then. (Thanks Robert)

Wow, if you''re going to have multiple accounts at least use a different browser for each one... reduces the chances of embarrassing mis-posts.