Sign in to follow this  
Chesney Hawkes

Keep Believing In Hughton

We are only five games in and there is plenty of time to turn things around. Hughton led us to eleventh place in last season''s Premier League and has bought players that we all generally agree are quality signings that have improved the squad.

We cannot expect improvements overnight and it will take time for the players to bond physically and emotionally into an effective team unit.

Calling for Hughton''s head now would send the wrong message to all our rivals and would impact on the morale of the players he has signed at great expense.

He will not be sacked this early by a board and management team that trusted him with the biggest ever transfer budget and allowed him to smash our transfer record to bring in Van Wolfswinkel.

He will get time, and we need to support the club and the team on the pitch while he tries to turn it around. Booing and chanting "you don''t know what you''re doing" is divisive and counter-productive and frankly a bit pathetic.

Get behind the team, get behind the manager and give him time to put the jigsaw together, and then I truly believe we will see free flowing and exciting football which balances robust defence with enterprising attacking play.

But I can''t... I physically and mentally cannot be bothered to spend my weekend watching rubbish and coming away dissapointed whether that be on the telly, on a stream or at a game. I don''t want to do it, I can''t be bothered to do it, I won''t do it. I do however want to have a reason to, and Hughton getting gone would be that reason.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Frankly, this springs to mind.[/quote]

Two U2 quotes at least this afternoon. Listening to the album by chance?[/quote]Not really a big fan.  Liked the Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby and Zooropa, though.

I think it would be a case of start believing again - a lot have lost faith. To me it is reminiscent of the end of the Worthington era. Fans divided and team looks devoid of confidence and ideas. I can''t see him turning it around, and hope it doesn''t drag on. Can''t be pleasant for Hughton or good for his health.

[quote user="Peak District Canary"] Hughton led us to eleventh place in last season''s Premier League [/quote]Isn''t it time that people realised, especially as we are now carrying on in exactly the same way this season, that 11th last season was highly flattering.In reality, we escaped relegation by the skin of our teeth & the results against WBA & Man C, neither of which were down to Hughton anyway, glossed over our true position.

So if they weren''t up to Hughton does that mean that this crappy spell is because of the players. Are they still boycotting him. Or has he taken back the reigns from rebels?

I can''t see us gettin points against Arsenal Chelsea, Man city and Stoke away. If we beat Cardiff at home we are 7 points from the first 10 games.

I was one of CH''s biggest supporters last season but I just can''t carry on ignoring the reality of the situation. We look poor in every regard, speak to any neutral and its clear.

Answer to questio...YES...a big YES. Five games in only and I disagree that this is anything like the end of the Worthington era or that the team looks devoid of ideas or confidence......watch the Villa game again, we were very close to a result played decent for much of the game and had it not been for their GK and some bad luck we would be on the same points as Manure tonight. A couple of players had a crack at each other BIG DEAL.....they care that said to me.........................that all said, I really thought Elmander was a passenger on Saturday, so we came close playing with 10 men!!

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Answer to questio...YES...a big YES. Five games in only and I disagree that this is anything like the end of the Worthington era or that the team looks devoid of ideas or confidence......watch the Villa game again, we were very close to a result played decent for much of the game and had it not been for their GK and some bad luck we would be on the same points as Manure tonight. A couple of players had a crack at each other BIG DEAL.....they care that said to me.........................that all said, I really thought Elmander was a passenger on Saturday, so we came close playing with 10 men!![/quote]Having played in for several successful and not so successful teams (OK teams that have got relegated) over quite a number of years I can tell you that the successful teams had these things in common, they didn''t argue amongst themselves, they played for each other and there was a spirit of unity. On the flip side the not so successful sides had these things in common, there were noticable dressing room splits, cliques formed, certain players were full of their own self importance and they argued amongst themselves on the pitch. This current Norwich side looks to have all the hall marks of the latter, which is worrying. I don''t believe that David McNally, who will have a far better idea of team morale than me, will stand for it for too long if it is the case. So from the outside looking in it does seem that we will be looking for a new management team in the not to distant future. The question is though, will the new manager be any better at enforcing a strict code of discipline in this squad?

[quote user="Leak District Canary"]We are only five games in and there is plenty of time to turn things around. Hughton led us to eleventh place in last season''s Premier League and has bought players that we all generally agree are quality signings that have improved the squad.

We cannot expect improvements overnight and it will take time for the players to bond physically and emotionally into an effective team unit.

Calling for Hughton''s head now would send the wrong message to all our rivals and would impact on the morale of the players he has signed at great expense.

He will not be sacked this early by a board and management team that trusted him with the biggest ever transfer budget and allowed him to smash our transfer record to bring in Van Wolfswinkel.

He will get time, and we need to support the club and the team on the pitch while he tries to turn it around. Booing and chanting "you don''t know what you''re doing" is divisive and counter-productive and frankly a bit pathetic.

Get behind the team, get behind the manager and give him time to put the jigsaw together, and then I truly believe we will see free flowing and exciting football which balances robust defence with enterprising attacking play.[/quote]

All so true. Pathetic chanting at the weekend when the two subs went off. Both players were ineffective .

Fans now have a responsibility to get behind there team and manager for 90 minutes every week. My worry is that the fans are now going to make matters worse will we are in transition. It''s madness.

The board is a joke and so are some of delusional fans.