Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Complete rethink needed...

I guess this day was always going to come but I feel the club has completely lost its passion and soul. We have become a constantly relegation threatened team in the lower end of the premiership probably doing the bare minimum to stay up and all the club cares about is the money they get from sky rather than looking a little closer to home.

Norwich city have been on the up for the last 4 seasons, after we lost 7-1 v Colchester at home it was clear that the club had lost its soul and a major shake up was needed both in the playing and management staff. Within a few weeks mr lambert was appointed.

This saw a complete change around in our fortunes almost instantaneously. Lambert installed belief in the team which in turn reignited the passion at the club, you could see the club had been lifted, further success was to follow as we gained a 2nd successive promotion.

Staying in the premiership the first season surely ranks as one of the clubs biggest achievements given the squad we had, lambert rightly was being head hunted and moved on. The club there are then in my eyes changed.

Hughton was bought in and I''ll be honest the style of football isn''t the most entertaining but he has got the results, unfortunately this hasn''t been enough for large sections of the support.

Here are the three main issues for me at the moment:

> the club has lost its identity with the fans at carrow road, I get that the club must now cater for international fans and tv companies but this must NEVER be at the expense of the paying regulars! What improvements (other than a failed new ticket entry system) has their been to carrow road since we were promoted?

> the style of football has alienated the fans and certain players, you heard holt come out and say he didn''t enjoy it last season, at the moment you can say the same about RVW he isn''t getting any support from the team therefore is struggling

> the passion that lambert installed on and off the pitch is gone, did McNally get lucky with lambert? If he did then we may be in for a bleak season

The way forward? A lot of hard work is needed in every area of the football club. McNally needs to start connecting with the ''matchday'' fans again and the team need to start gelling and working 100% harder.

A case study? Swansea city, similar budget to us but are flourishing because of their connection to the support and the football they play

If we can''t achieve this big changes are needed at carrow road at almost every level, things can''t carry on the way they are that''s for sure...

How can it be "a constantly relegation threatened team in the lower end of the premiership" yet "Norwich city have been on the up for the last 4 season"

"it was clear that the club had lost its soul" - totally incorrect, baring some changes in the boardroom the wholes staff and players remained the same - what did change was the competence and determination of those coming in, absolutely nothing to do with ''soul''"lambert rightly was being head hunted"  again, incorrect - it was more a case of him being pushed ... as his counter push and demand for compensation suggests - if was to leave willingly it would not have been to Villa, at the time his star was in the ascendency and it is most likely that over that summer or the following months he would have been approached by a club that would be seen as a genuine step up the ladder - a season at Villa has blow all that"A lot of hard work is needed in every area of the football club" again complete nonsense, the acadamy is thriving they have just picked up the FA Youth cup, the ground is sold out, the off the pitch earnings are extremely high for a club  of our size and the board have been able to locate and bring in some excellent players within budget"McNally needs to start connecting with the ''matchday'' fans again"  again, since when ? He is the CEO of a club that now has  aturnover of £100m, he knows that there are enough glory hunters to fill up the ground and as long as he keeps NCFC in the PL then that will remain so - otherwise he is meeting the fans at an open night so there is still the same level of connection as there ever was.and the team need to start gelling and working 100% harder - have to disagree, the players are giving it their all, unfortuantely that is under the instructions of a manager who I would suggest is not up to itthat is where the problem is ... that and that alone

The point I was trying to make is that not every department needs an overhaul (the academy as you pointed out and I eluded to doesn''t) but the majority do.

[quote user="refjezdavies"]

The point I was trying to make is that not every department needs an overhaul (the academy as you pointed out and I eluded to doesn''t) but the majority do.

[/quote]The Class 1 Academy wouldn''t survive long if we are relegated.Seems like you much prefer a promotion challenge in the Champs rather than the Prem.

[quote user="refjezdavies"]

[/quote]perhaps you would care to elaborate ............. what majority what exact departments and why ?ticketsmarketingcateringcorporate hospitalityscoutingsodon''t be shy, let us all know

ps Dubai Mark it is NOT five games - it is the 20 odd games from last season with little change .... or sense of direction

Because it is no longer about the football City 1st

The club doesn''t give a damn about the fans who turn up on a weekly basis and pay good money to watch the team...

It''s all about the ''matchday experience'' these days, I feel the club has lost the connection with its football fans....

but hey that''s just my opinion - not really sure what yours is City 1st

"It''s all about the ''matchday experience'' these days"so what has that to do with a major overhaul of all departments ?

"The club doesn''t give a damn about the fans who turn up on a weekly basis"that I will agree on -all too often the club won''t even open the gates to let them in

[quote user="City1st"]  again, incorrect - it was more a case of him being pushed .[/quote]
That seems to contradict a hell of a lot of stuff which happened at the time, including McNally appearing on TV insisting that he would be delighted if Lambert walked right back into the club and sat back down at his desk.
And Bowkett claimed that he got a call from Lambert whilst abroad telling him that he wanted to talk to Villa, and that he responded to hold on until he could get home to Norwich for a chat, and that Lambert had then gone and talked to Villa without permission. 
So if this had got to court, and Bowkett had claimed that in court, would that not be perjury if untrue? 
[quote] as his counter push and demand for compensation suggests [/quote]
His counter claim does not suggest that at all. His claim was based on the fact that he had been refused permission to talk to Villa despite a clause in his contract allowing him to do so. The case was inaccurately reported by most of the media as "unfair dismissal", when it was in fact a case for "constructive dismissal" (a fact reported by some other media outlets). 
His claim for £2m in compensation far exceeded the maximum award in civil court of £72300 (last year, has gone up now). If you win a tribunal for unfair dismissal or constructive dismissal the maximum compensation that you could win was £72300. 
So the bulk of his claim was for breach of contract, the refusal to allow him to talk to Villa. That is the complete opposite to suggesting that he was pushed, but rather suggesting that we refused to allow him to talk to Villa. 
The ''constructive dismissal'' aspect was Lambert then quitting his job and claiming that he had no choice but to do so as a result of our refusal to comply with a clause written in his contract.
Lambert walked, he was not "pushed" by any stretch of the imagination. 

[quote user="refjezdavies"]Because it is no longer about the football City 1st The club doesn''t give a damn about the fans who turn up on a weekly basis and pay good money to watch the team... It''s all about the ''matchday experience'' these days, I feel the club has lost the connection with its football fans.... but hey that''s just my opinion - not really sure what yours is City 1st[/quote]

I understand what you are trying to say and how you must feel but don''t agree with it. Success is not a bad thing and part and parcel of playing in the premiership is that clubs have to adapt to operate in that environment. At the end of the day Norwich City FC is a business and being successful at the highest level means that you cannot connect to every one of your fans. Of course the club gives a damn about it''s fans but just like any business operating to be sucessful at the highest level as a customer you are never going to be able to please every single fan/customer. If you want a touchy feely car boot sale and coffee morning club try supporting Fakenham Town FC too and you''ll get the best of both worlds.

The problem isn''t with how the club is being run, it''s just that our current manager is one dimentional who is unable to adapt to situations and/or impliment plan B, C, & D when it is needed.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]The club has lost it''s connection with the fans?

I''d suggest far less than the fans have lost their connection with reality.[/quote]

And in reality the fans should accept watching 5 wins in 26? The 10 game run was the blip it would seem.

No - but the fans who are at Carrow Road need to support the team - when things are going well and more importantly when they are not.

The booing of the sub and some of the abuse Snodgrass got was disgraceful. The atmosphere near me on the Barclay on Saturday was poisonous - and I am not looking forward to the Chelsea match much as a result, especially as I take my two young kids.

Just out of interrest, how many wins do you expect in the premier league? What is acceptable? 10? 12?