Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Those who are quickest to sack their manager....

Get the first dibs on the hottest managers on the market. 
Sunderland have first pick, will we have the next pick of the draft or will Fulham?
The hottest property: Ole Gunnar Solskjær. 
There is no better manager for the job.
Mr McNally, please consider this man. 

1) I doubt McNally checks the pickun, but Ole would be a good choice but hard to get IMO
2) Sunderland hardly picked a hot manager when they went for Di Canio did they? There was a lot of other options for them tbh.
But I do agree we need to sort it very soon if we are going to, which would mean we might have better options and more chance for a new guy to get to know the team and the club. I just can not see Hughton changing the way he plays over night so if he stays expect some more poor away performances.

A decent call and a risk maybe worth taking. I got pelters for O''Neill, man of statue with a great record pre-Blunderland and unfinished business at the Carra who loves to player with width and wingers - certainly command the respect of the players. However, possibly not popular and probably not interested. We need to find a Norwich-type manager who everyone would buy into. The Mac will already have a short-list in his top draw no doubt and each appointment and decision at managerial level I have fully supported, Hoots has not been a total disaster as we are still premiership. A Dutchman would be ideal if we could find one with a good track record of playing passing attractive football (NOT JOL!).

[quote user="Macey"]1) I doubt McNally checks the pickun, but Ole would be a good choice but hard to get IMO
2) Sunderland hardly picked a hot manager when they went for Di Canio did they? There was a lot of other options for them tbh.
But I do agree we need to sort it very soon if we are going to, which would mean we might have better options and more chance for a new guy to get to know the team and the club. I just can not see Hughton changing the way he plays over night so if he stays expect some more poor away performances.
[/quote]
If Swansea can get Laudrup then we could get Ole. 
He is on record as saying that he wants the Manchester United job in the future. 
How do you get the Manchester United job? Well you need to comprehensively prove that you can manage in the Premier League, and to do that you need to accept a job in the Premier League.
This is our third season in this league, we have some excellent players (Ruddy, Bassong, RVW, Fer, Pilkington), and I can''t see why Swansea would have been any more attractive a year and a bit ago than we are now.
They didn''t have Michu or Bony then, and losing Sinclair was expected at the time. 

[quote user="FleckMillwall"]A decent call and a risk maybe worth taking. I got pelters for O''Neill, man of statue with a great record pre-Blunderland and unfinished business at the Carra who loves to player with width and wingers - certainly command the respect of the players. However, possibly not popular and probably not interested. We need to find a Norwich-type manager who everyone would buy into. The Mac will already have a short-list in his top draw no doubt and each appointment and decision at managerial level I have fully supported, Hoots has not been a total disaster as we are still premiership. A Dutchman would be ideal if we could find one with a good track record of playing passing attractive football (NOT JOL!).[/quote]
I agree, Hughton came in and did what was required of him last season. I just don''t think he has what it takes to take us forward from this point. 
He achieved his objective last season at a time when the wrong appointment could have seen us relegated. 
His mistake though was handing him a long contract, and a huge transfer budget. 

[quote]A decent call and a risk maybe worth taking. I got pelters for O''Neill, man of statue with a great record pre-Blunderland and unfinished business at the Carra who loves to player with width and wingers - certainly command the respect of the players. However, possibly not popular and probably not interested. We need to find a Norwich-type manager who everyone would buy into. The Mac will already have a short-list in his top draw no doubt and each appointment and decision at managerial level I have fully supported, Hoots has not been a total disaster as we are still premiership. A Dutchman would be ideal if we could find one with a good track record of playing passing attractive football (NOT JOL!).[/quote]
Mate, I understand why you say O''Neil but I would question where his mind would be. He was a great manager and still might be again but is now the right time? I thing his wife is still struggling with illness so O''Neil''s mind is going to be on other things as well as football so it would make his job of running a football club much much harder. An outstanding bloke but now is not the right time IMO.
Someone from overseas might be a good idea to bring a new style of play to the club, someone like Ole or Thomas Tuchel who was mentioned in another thread, below is an article about Thomas.
http://bundesligafootball.co.uk/2012/07/what-now-for-thomas-tuchel/ 

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]A German! It can''t go wrong![/quote]
Awww shiet the style of play in the bundesliga is so bad right?

Research shows that managers tend to be sacked after a bad run of games, but results then tend to pick up whether or not the manager is sacked.  This is known as reversion to the mean.

I don''t think there  is any iron law that it''s better to chose a manager now rather than later in the season.  It''s random who happens to be available at any given time.

Of course a club that gives its manager only 5 games at the start of the season is sending a big message to potential new managers that they will be treated with equal ruthlessness, which will put some off the job and mean others want to be paid accordingly.

It''s obvious from our games so far that our much reshaped attacking part of the team hasn''t gelled yet.  It would be daft to get rid of the manager before he has a decent amount of time to overcome this.

Is this the guy at Mainz? Didn''t the manager of Dortmund come from the same place? That would be amazing if we could get an up and coming German although Ole sounds very tasty to me, pulled up enough trees at Molde to suggest he is bright and capable and was highly regarded behind the scenes at United at Youth management level.

McNally thinks big and unlike the hapless Doomcaster who always appointed out-of-work managers The Mac likes to head-hunt employed managers and he delivers in terms of players and managers, kind of like our David Levy!!

[quote user="The New Boy Le Jug"]Get the first dibs on the hottest managers on the market. [/quote]... who are on the market because they''ve been fired by other clubs for not being very good....

[quote]Is this the guy at Mainz? Didn''t the manager of Dortmund come from the same place? That would be amazing if we could get an up and coming German although Ole sounds very tasty to me, pulled up enough trees at Molde to suggest he is bright and capable and was highly regarded behind the scenes at United at Youth management level.

McNally thinks big and unlike the hapless Doomcaster who always appointed out-of-work managers The Mac likes to head-hunt employed managers and he delivers in terms of players and managers, kind of like our David Levy!![/quote]
Yes and yes.
this link shows Klopps win ratio when he was at Mainz and Thomas''s to present.

A German-Dutch Axis at the club would do very nicely. Thinking big and foreign has served two comparable prem clubs well (Swansea and Southampton) - why not. He might instill some German discipline so we don''t get a repeat of penalty-gate again - even I nominate a spot-kick taker on Football Manager.