Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

10 games 10 points

Whilst our season isn''t exactly even in terms of fixtures as we know I said at the beginning of the season given the dour nature of a lot of our play last season and our flirtation with the bottom three that Hughton had a lot to prove.

I think everyone was happy with the quality of the players signed (although still light of a true no10) we have signed players that should make us a better team than last year but for some reason they play like strangers on the pitch.

if Hughton manages to get us to a point or more per game over the next 5 games then he has another 10 fail and its time for a change.

He needs to find a way to make Norwich a consistent attacking threat. I still want him to succeed but our current form doesn''t make it look like we will get a win anytime soon. Hopefully there will be a lot of tactical work going on at Colney this week.

The clock is ticking.

Our next five games:
Stoke (away)
Chelsea (home)
Arsenal (away)
Cardiff (home)
Man City (away)
5 points is the absolute maximum that I consider us capable of getting from that. I think 2 points is more realistic, and 1 or less points wouldn''t surprise me.

Give him another 5 games to get us to 10 points, then reward him with another 10 games after that?

Really???

It would probably all be to late by than, appointing a new manager with less than half the season remaining would do little to stem a team deep in the relegation mire.

Looking at that lot maybe the club should act today.  If we''re going to have disruption and uncertainty mid season then best to do it when there are games we don''t expect to get much out of so he can get up and running for the ones we need to win. Cardiff at home is one we need to prioritise, but we should really be looking at each game in terms of trying to get something out of them, it''s funny how the mindset is different now.

i''d take 10 points from 10 games, Stoke and Cardiff are must wins, the other 3 are simply bonus if we get anything there.

The most important statistic has us in 17th place, i''d rather we finish the season 17th on 10 points than 18th on 50 points.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Give him another 5 games to get us to 10 points, then reward him with another 10 games after that?

Really???

It would probably all be to late by than, appointing a new manager with less than half the season remaining would do little to stem a team deep in the relegation mire.[/quote]

Agreed, must act swiftly to get a top target in before others do and change the mentality quickly, I think Hoots will be in charge for the Watford game and then a solution will be found post-match with an eye on a new man at the helm for Stoke away. The pressure is off against Arsenal and Chelsea and then the season can hopefully kick on against Cardiff.

[quote user="FleckMillwall"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Give him another 5 games to get us to 10 points, then reward him with another 10 games after that?

Really???

It would probably all be to late by than, appointing a new manager with less than half the season remaining would do little to stem a team deep in the relegation mire.[/quote]

Agreed, must act swiftly to get a top target in before others do and change the mentality quickly, I think Hoots will be in charge for the Watford game and then a solution will be found post-match with an eye on a new man at the helm for Stoke away. The pressure is off against Arsenal and Chelsea and then the season can hopefully kick on against Cardiff.[/quote]
Throwing a new man into Chelsea and Arsenal might be a bad idea?
Would expect Hughton to be in charge of those, or a caretaker. 
The club would want to give the new manager a realistic start, even if he were to come in and hover about behind the scenes for Chelsea and Arsenal. 
You don''t want a new manager to come in and lose three out of his first four games (Man City after Cardiff!).
Would make much more sense for your old man to lose those games to help justify his sacking, or for a caretaker to take control and give them a shot (Adams or Huckerby).
Grant Holt is injured, can''t we borrow him from Wigan as a two game caretaker? 

The other thing is, the longer this horrific form continues, the more pressure it places on the following -

- getting results away from home

- getting results against the ''big teams''

- having to get god knows how many points from our awful run-in, just to have any hope of avoiding the drop

Actually TNB a New Manager would be going into those games with No Pressure.

If he gets something from them then bonus.

Some will say why is it not like this for the existing manager? well basically its'' the burden of past results and current form.

P.s l am not advocating a change meerly stating my opinion on a hypothetical scenario.

Snake