Sign in to follow this  
Alby :)

DF

Would appear that David Fox is not being excluded purely for football reasons.

Heard it from a very reliable source that he''s been one of the most vocal about our current regime.

I know Foxy''s not everyone''s cup of tea, personally I''m a big fan. There''s a few games last season where I think he could have made a difference.

Being brutally honest, Fer is a definite upgrade, just disappointed has was overlooked for majority of last season

I am on the other side of the fence on this and really couldnt understand why he was given a new contract, sorry to upset anyone, but he is a good Championship standard player or squad player to make the numbers for a club at our level in The Premiership at best, and that''s the role he has now. 

or is he moaning because he isnt getting games?

might be no other reason than that..

would anyone here drop Fer for Fox I wonder?

My issue isn''t about this season - it''s about last.

Why was he given a new deal, at which time he was complimented by CH, and then not used?

OK, he got a few Cup games - he was poor against Luton but that accusation could be leveled against every player that day.

I''m sure Foxy could have offered something a little different to Tettey and Johnson, that is my point.

I would love to see how a midfield of Tettey and Fer behind Fox would work... I know he isn''t a number 10 and more obviously should play deeper but he could cover back for Fer''s bursts forward and could spread the play or thread the through ball. Not like he can''t put the odd curler in the top corner either.If I were manager I''d be trying that in training games at least. Maybe Hughton has looked at that option already and it doesn''t work?

That''s the thing. We all have the luxury of being purely hypothetical. We can wonder whether x combination of players would work better than y and yet the only evidence we have is past performances alongside a completely different set ofplayers. Hughton gets to witness these combinations in training and in his opinion Fox would not be as effective. How can we possibly know better than him? Of course we are entitled to our opinions and to express those opinions for discussion, but our are based on far less information than the manager''s.Have you seen the massive variation in selections and formations expressed on this forum? Hughton can''t please everybody. Whichever one he goes with it, if it doesn''t result in a performance it will always result in many people on here posting angry faced icons and wailing "you don''t know what you''re doing" as if their own solution would have been a sure fire success.