at the game Saturday Lambert stood there having a go at ref decisions now and

then but Ian Culverhouse was doing all the tactical stuff by his side and he

just let him get on with it.

On our side Chris

Hughton was doing all the arm waving and I think Calderwood handed out the

drinks bottles when required!

Has a

manager ever sacked his assistant or will they end up departing together? Can

David McNally see this and advise or does he rely on Hughton and his team?

What about

Chris asking Hoddle to come as his assistant. I dream!

What are

others thoughts on this?

That''s it, the reason why we lost to Villa............I knew I missed something.  I actually thought it was the fact that CH was wearing a jacket and tie......

As for Hoddle, I am one of a minority I am sure who would love to see Hoddle at City...........

I''d rather Hughton was Hoddle''s assistant, but yes- Hoddle really understands football... however it seems his ''alternative'' personal views have left many players unwilling to listen to him in the past.

Hoddle''s ''alternative'' views were blown all out of proportion because, at the time, he was on that massive pedestal of being the England manager and ready to be knocked down by the media.

Hoddle has a deep understanding of football and would be beneficial to most clubs.

I was of the understanding that Calderwood, spends the entire match viewing it from our new media gantry....pretty impressive if he was handing players drinks from there....go go gadget arms!!!! Isee Calderwood & Trollope as the major problems not Hoots.

I think that Culverhouse in some ways was the biggest loss when Lambert de-camped. I always though that it was the former Norwich player who provided much of the thinking during the Lambert era, both in tactics and transfers. For a time it seemed that Lambert would leave his assistants behind, but I never doubted that he would want Culverhouse, at least. The man-management and public dealings were Lambert, I think - he certainty motivated the team to exceed what seemed possible, but I have no doubt that Culverhouse had an important input into all important thinking.

How do the two "Cs" compare? There is no comparison. Culverhouse wins. Sometimes I wonder what Lambert might have achieved with Culverhouse - I suspect not as much!

So was Calderwood beside Hughton On Saturday or is he being judged on someone else handing out drinks?

Criticising coaches is a real stab in the dark for us anyway. Unless we''re at training it''s pretty much impossible to know what goes on. When I went to the Q&A with Hucks I asked him who was the best coach he''d played under. He didn''t give a best answer saying he''d played under lots of good coaches but the one he went on to talk about was Martin Hunter. Now we certainly didn''t rate him on here.

At the time Calderwood was in charge at both Northampton & Forest I was working closely with both clubs & although he was successful at Northampton he was not well liked among the players & I remember well there being a number of dressing room bust ups & it took the back room staff to sort it out. Similarly at Forest, indeed I believe a bust up took place between Calderwood & a certain Mr Holt, although I never got to know the Forest players as well as the Cobblers, so couldnt tell you for sure what went on.....As soon as he was announced as assistant at Carrow Road my heart sank!!!

Surely the thread title should be - Hughton v. Culverhouse?[:^)]

I think Hughton is easily on a par with Culverhouse.

What we lack is someone who can motivate, inspire and make brave tactical descisions during the game.  No, I do not want Lambert back, or yearn after him.

I think Hughton would be a very good number 2 / head coach at any club in the Premier League.

Hughton would never agree to step down anyway and any new manager would want to bring their own men in.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

So was Calderwood beside Hughton On Saturday or is he being judged on someone else handing out drinks?

Criticising coaches is a real stab in the dark for us anyway. Unless we''re at training it''s pretty much impossible to know what goes on. When I went to the Q&A with Hucks I asked him who was the best coach he''d played under. He didn''t give a best answer saying he''d played under lots of good coaches but the one he went on to talk about was Martin Hunter. Now we certainly didn''t rate him on here.

[/quote]

BRAZIL! BRAZIL!

It just like watching BRAZIL!

Coach at the time?

Martin HUNTER!!!!!!!!!!

Applied for Worthy''s job and we got GRANT

FFS!!!!!!!!!

H

[quote user="haisbrohacker"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

BRAZIL! BRAZIL!

It just like watching BRAZIL!

Coach at the time?

Martin HUNTER!!!!!!!!!!

Applied for Worthy''s job and we got GRANT

FFS!!!!!!!!!

H[/quote]

Or as Worthy famously said "Flicks, farts and fannies" or something like[;)]

One night in Southend!! Unfortunately it finished 3-3 and ended with the tired Worthy Out chants.

It''s all about results Hais! Entertainment comes a poor second as that night in Southend clearly illustrates.

He managed for one game. Another 3-3 draw at QPR.

Martin Hunter and CH would be the perfect marriage, opposites attract n all that.

The 3F was not about slick, quick passing ability carving through and bewildering the opposition, more carefree, careless cr*p.

H