Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

are pant wetters still pant wetters ?

There are very few posters fighting hughtons corner now ? where as a month ago the message board was divided probably 50/50 between  happy clapping pollyannas  and  panicking  pant wetters. Have the last couple of performances been too much for calm old heads ?  I notice a lot of posters have sneakily changed there stance [;)]

It''s hard to fight Hughton''s corner when nothing is changingI honestly believed last year was the transitional period and we would be very very impressive this yearAppears I was wrong.

I''m not pro or anti - still firmly believe we played pretty well in the main yesterday,there were some good signs and we were rather unlucky to lose. If things are still ''good'' with the squad/manager/board then more time to gel his squad might be fair enough.

That said, maybe things in the dressing room aren''t good and so on - something I dont know about; there were some possible ''signs'' yesterday: BJ not in the squad (confirmed no injury/reason), Olsson unused (no idea why), Pilks/Garrido spat, Snod taking the pen when RVW on pitch (this on its own wouldn''t be a biggie, but in conjunction with other things may suggest sth).

If the latter is indeed a sign of a ''lost'' dressing room, it might be better to sort sooner rather than later.

I''m now neither a pantwetter or a happy clapper. I''m now officially one of the biggest tw@ts on this message board. I just need to find out who the others are so that I can take action to secure my status as #1.

I was waiting ''til 10 games before yesterday and I''m still waiting ''til 10 games now.

"i''m wiz" - There are very few posters fighting hughtons corner now ? where as a month ago the message board was divided probably 50/50 between  happy clapping pollyannas  and  panicking  pant wetters. Have the last couple of performances been too much for calm old heads ?  I notice a lot of posters have sneakily changed there stance   

or in the real world the subject of relegation was not even mentioned anywhere on this forum a month agothe term pantwetter derived as a joke at the expense of those who from around last January until the end of the season predicted our CERTAIN relegation, with every little fault however small leapt upon as prove of that belief - the were wrong ... badly badly wrongthose mocking this ragbag of johny come latelys and glory hunters were those who saw how decent the squad was and also recognised how bad other squads were ie we would not go down ... they were spot onso as you appear to have a skill for multiple name use do try and use it so as to refer correctly to folk on here

ps as to trying to score points it might be better for you to tell us what other names you post under so we can judge your views on this matter

[quote user="snake-eyes"]Nutty l am the biggest tw@t on here so bring it if yiu think you can do better?

Snake[/quote]

I need to see proof that somebody independent nominated you. I was nominated by JF! Once you have that proof we shall settle it by way of a tw@t duel at dawn...

"i''m wiz"typical city 1st anyone with a different opinion to him is a multiple user and a jonny come lately and a pant wetter

oh dearyou do sound extraordinarily like wizI did not give those folk those names I merely pointed out why they were so calledperhaps if I point out that a gooner is an Arsenal supporter not a Spurs fans I shall be accused of giving them that name because they have a different opnion to me

ps perhaps you could point out whose opinion proved correct - the pantwetters or the realistsand thanks for reminding about my tag, I do so often forget it and end up laughing at your sort

Yes, they are stll pantwetters if they are forecasting relegation after only five games.We need to see a dozen results before making any informed opinion, until then it''s just pantwetting.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I''m not pro or anti - still firmly believe we played pretty well in the main yesterday,there were some good signs and we were rather unlucky to lose. If things are still ''good'' with the squad/manager/board then more time to gel his squad might be fair enough.

That said, maybe things in the dressing room aren''t good and so on - something I dont know about; there were some possible ''signs'' yesterday: BJ not in the squad (confirmed no injury/reason), Olsson unused (no idea why), Pilks/Garrido spat, Snod taking the pen when RVW on pitch (this on its own wouldn''t be a biggie, but in conjunction with other things may suggest sth).

If the latter is indeed a sign of a ''lost'' dressing room, it might be better to sort sooner rather than later.[/quote]Good post. ''Unlucky to lose'' bit aside, this is basically where I''m at.

[quote user="ricardo"]Yes, they are stll pantwetters if they are forecasting relegation after only five games.

We need to see a dozen results before making any informed opinion, until then it''s just pantwetting.
[/quote]#

Sorry Ricardo, as much as I respect your opinion, 12 games will be too late.

hopefully for you he is someone elsecan be very tricky getting a key out of your backespecially when it''s been would round a few times

There''s something wrong with you City 1st. Your posts are like the ramblings of a lunatic. Seriously, there are a lot of strange posters on here but you take being a weirdo to a new level.

Not intended to offend, just an observation!

cor blimey, oh no  i''ve been had over by mr pompus the affable old wind up merchant who''s always having a laugh, god what a card he is . hands up he had me fooled, i thought he was just an arrogant bit of work who thought he was a bit paranoid and thought everyone was a binner with multiple accounts, and all the time he''s a right giggle, well who knew [:$] 

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="ricardo"]Yes, they are stll pantwetters if they are forecasting relegation after only five games.We need to see a dozen results before making any informed opinion, until then it''s just pantwetting.[/quote]#

Sorry Ricardo, as much as I respect your opinion, 12 games will be too late.

[/quote]That''s not the question Wiz. I''m saying you need to look at the league after 12 games before making anything like an educated forecast of who is going down. We may or may not be be in the mix so pantwetting at this stage is a waste of time.If you are saying you want to change the manager after 5 games then that''s another question altogether and nothing to do with pantwetting. People are always concerned about relegation because for most teams in this league it''s a constant worry. Pantwetting is forecasting relegation on the strength of our position after 5 games. It''s ignorant and pointless, there is nowhere near enough data yet.

Had Snodgrass put his penalty down the middle yesterday and we got a result this message board would have been a very different place.

Those questioning the bigger picture with Hughton would have carried on questioning while the self-righteous aren''t we stoic brigade would have carried on lecturing as they probably did whilst sitting on their hands over Roeder, Worthington or Grant.

But those small things didn''t happen, the mood has changed and while some are facing up and saying they have changed their mind the clique pant wetter mockers are changing their tone and will keep doing so until they feel they are safely ensconced with the majority.

How fickle is that? On one game?! Have some balls and defend your man. If you thought Hughton was the man last week then surely you should continue to back him, and your opinions.

It''s the continuation of results since Christmas. The run of matches is around 25. More than enough to form a judgement. For what it''s worth my view is that the manager has until the mid-November break to improve things. Whatever, I can''t see any of the current management team here next season.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Had Snodgrass put his penalty down the middle yesterday and we got a result this message board would have been a very different place.

Those questioning the bigger picture with Hughton would have carried on questioning while the self-righteous aren''t we stoic brigade would have carried on lecturing as they probably did whilst sitting on their hands over Roeder, Worthington or Grant.

But those small things didn''t happen, the mood has changed and while some are facing up and saying they have changed their mind the clique pant wetter mockers are changing their tone and will keep doing so until they feel they are safely ensconced with the majority.

How fickle is that? On one game?! Have some balls and defend your man. If you thought Hughton was the man last week then surely you should continue to back him, and your opinions.[/quote]

agreed.

Seems to me that some people are more interested in sneering and being proved right, than they are in actually supporting their football team.

Am I happy with the results? No I''m not

Am I still backing Hughton? Yes I am.

Is it too soon to sack him? Yes it is.

Will I continue to support him whilst the board does? Yes I will.

Will I reassess my opinion of his ability to keep us in this division after ten games? Yes.

Is anyone calling for his head right now a pantwetter? Yup.

Morty wrote:Seems to me that some people are more interested in sneering and being proved right, than they are in actually supporting their football team.

Am I happy with the results? No I''m not

Am I still backing Hughton? Yes I am.

Is it too soon to sack him? Yes it is.

Will I continue to support him whilst the board does? Yes I will. I am not calling for CH''s head, ''cause it won''t solve anything atm and it is still too soon.

But Morty, surely , you are not happy and you agree we need a serious response from the team now!

Will I reassess my opinion of his ability to keep us in this division after ten games? Yes.

Is anyone calling for his head right now a pantwetter? Yup.

I agree with most of what you say here Morty , I have to say though that I am a very worried supporter. Especially after the game on Saturday. I don''t think there was good management. If Snograss took the penalty and wasn''t supposed to, I would have taken him off!!! We could have used Tettey or BJ in midfield and I don''t understand why Olsson isn''t getting a go.