Sign in to follow this  
athenacanary

STOKE PREDICTION

Now I know its early but Saturday was really disappointing because we couldn''t put the chances away.

We have been rubbish away from home so far this season absolutely pathetic, but do you think this will be the date it all finally changes.

Thoughts; predicted final score

And are any off you going to see the game its half price tickets but will still probably be as exciting as watching paint dry.

Remember going there in the late 90''s and Kevin Scott had such a poor first half, we were 2-0 down at the break and terrible, that I think he never played professional football again, I would like to think not.

Thought Stoke look organised and their just a bunch of massive b''stards. We have never being able to deal with K. Jones when he played for Saints and Stoke and he is now starting under Hughes so that coupled with Hoots tactics mean we''ll go in 1-0 at the break and capitulate early second-half again and then Stoke will kill the game and toy with us. Hoot''s will then come out and say how much quality Stoke have, how hard it is to play at this ground and get anything, how we will look for a reaction against Chelsea. You wonder whether his inferiority complex about the opposition rubs off on the players......

Under Lambert we went to Stoke clearly aiming to keep it tight and make sure we competed with them physically, which worked mostly but they had one moment of quality which led to a goal.

Under Hughton it was a repeat of the previous year except it was one knock-down by Peter Crouch which fell handily for their attacker to slot away.

How we do will depend on whether we learn the lessons from these defeats and our poor away form so far.

Defensively yes we need to be set up to confront their physical challenge.  Going forward we need an outlet for the long ball (we''ll be under a lot of pressure in possession) but we also need people who can play it on the ground.  RVW is the sort of striker who can cause problems for a team like Stoke with the right service - the worry is that he hasn''t had the right service yet.  If people are knocking long balls up to him, we''re wasting our time.

Unfortunately I can see us going with the same approach again in which case it could be worse than 1-0.  If we change things around though, we have a chance.

Would like to see this line up soon:            RuddyMartin    Turner    Bennett    Olson    Tettey            Fer            PilkingtonRVW            Hooper        RedmondWith the front 4 actually playing as a fluid front line and the back 6 dealing with anything in our own half. It will not happen on Saturday I''m sure but maybe next time at FCR?

My prediction was that I would be sat on my own!

Glad to be wrong.

Score 4 - 0 to Stoke. I fear if they score first we will implode. So hope I''m wrong on this.

Ruddy, Martin, R.Bennett, Whittaker, Ollson,

Pilks, Tettey, Fer, Redmond, The Wolf and Hoops.

Looks mobile and at them to me with two full backs pushing on who like to get forward and Mr Martin keeping an eye on Ryan at the back in the central areas, Tettey can win the ball and Fer can monster them. This team is a nice blend and with Wes to come on for plan B through the middle. I know he''ll play Turner etc but this would be my dream team.

Away game so would be a far better thread to guess shots on target rather than score.

Score 2 - 0 Stoke

Shots on target 1