Sign in to follow this  
ellis206

Hughton outters logic......

Here are some of the stuff the Hughton outters have been using against our manager....

Why is he only playing one up top? Negative negative negative.  Totally ignoring the fact that every team in the league plays one up top...

Why is Hughton playing two up top vs Spurs, should have only played one up top.  No win situation there

Hughton always praises the other teams. Obviously ignoring every other pre match interview with every other manager in the league who does the same. Also can''t remember Lambert getting the same stick and he was far worse for this.

5 wins in 26, not good enough.  What about the other 17 matches, why aren''t they being mentioned? Why only 26?

Should have beaten a newly promoted team with 10 men. Please explain to me how going down to 10 men makes any difference to a team who is already holding on to a lead?

Please feel free to add to this ever expanding list

[quote user="ellis206"]

Please explain to me how going down to 10 men makes any difference to a team who is already holding on to a lead?

[/quote]

Eh?

Lost me with that one.

A numerical advantage is a numerical advantage. Not sure what you are getting at with that one.

The 10 men exposed our weakness, scoring when a goal down and 2 banks of 4 are behind the ball. If we played versus ourselves, it''d be 0-0 every time.

Unable or unwilling to change a game during play.Very slow to change a failing lineup between games.Uninspired players on the pitch.Not picking players such as Olsson or Becchio despite spending money on them.No tactical movement such as wingers switching sides or 9 and 10 switching roles.Failure to sign creativity despite admitting repeatedly that we need it.Stating lack of quality as the reason for not scoring even though it is HIS signings and NCFCs record signings he is talking about.Widely respected as being nice and not ruthless... our team plays with the same characteristics.Backroom staff (CC and PT)

I also take issue with the theory that every team is playing one up front- most are actually playing 3 or 4, we are not. The line up is the same but the positions taken are very different. Redmond is not in the box if Snodgrass is crossing and the same the other way- we are playing with two wingers and one in the middle.

Why is Hughton playing two up top vs Spurs, should have only played one up top. No win situation there

> Against a 5 man midfield

5 wins in 26, not good enough. What about the other 17 matches, why aren''t they being mentioned? Why only 26?

> This is relegation form. Put simply our results have deteriorated since the 10 game unbeaten run

Should have beaten a newly promoted team with 10 men. Please explain to me how going down to 10 men makes any difference to a team who is already holding on to a lead?

> Judging by the lineup and the approach we''d settled for a draw before the game anyway

Hughton always praises the other teams. Obviously ignoring every other pre match interview with every other manager in the league who does the same. Also can''t remember Lambert getting the same stick and he was far worse for this.

> And then he praises them after the game as well, hoping this will be a good enough excuse. ''Little Norwich''

Ellis 206 wrote:

5 wins in 26, not good enough. What about the other 17 matches, why aren''t they being mentioned? Why only 26?

FFS, Er, because they won 5 out of 27 actually! Surely you answer your own question? The others were LOST or drawn with the most boring negative tactically inept football most can remember!

How about playing two wingers who have to cut in to their weaker foot to the cross the ball, then meaning that all of our crosses swing towards the goal instead of away from the goal? Making it extremely difficult for our £9m centre forward to connect with any strikers?Is it any coincidence that Van Wolfswinkel''s only goal came from a cross which swung away from the goal? No it was not. It was an accidental cross too. All of our corners are in-swingers too. I don''t know how many people on here play football but it is extremely difficult to connect to an inswinging cross, and a lot easier for the goalkeeper to collect the cross.

[quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="ellis206"]

Please explain to me how going down to 10 men makes any difference to a team who is already holding on to a lead?

[/quote]

Eh?

Lost me with that one.

A numerical advantage is a numerical advantage. Not sure what you are getting at with that one.

[/quote]I must admit I despair when I read this logic of the Hughton defenders.  So having the opposition down to 10 men is no advantage....  I''ve heard it all. 

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="ellis206"]

[/quote]

Eh?

Lost me with that one.

[/quote]

I must admit I despair when I read this logic of the Hughton defenders.  So having the opposition down to 10 men is no advantage....  I''ve heard it all. 
[/quote]

So why is it a common phrase that playing against 10 men is sometimes harder than playing against 11?

Please explain how it is a big advantage when Hull were already defending a goal lead. All that effects is there attacking, not defending.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Ok then. 11 wins in 43.[/quote]I bet you''re glad you''ve given him at least ten games rather than join the clamour for his head after just five cusdp. [;)]

I did intend to Lapps but I just don''t think he''s got it in his locker to improve our squad.

He''s a nice guy. He''s got an eye for a player. Personally, I think he would be a very gd director of football.

I certainly don''t hate him and I''d wish him all the best but for me, we are stale.

Snodgrass 90 minutesWe dont build do anything in the centre of the parkBlatent long ball / shove it onto the wings tactics

Those 3 combined over rule all issues raised in favour

Teams with 10 men just sit behind the ball & teams attacking find it very difficult to break them down....but then we do lack the drive to get forward early, Saturday at home to Villa one nil down & we are playing square balls across the back....its alright saying the crosses arent good enough & I do agree, but for me what was lacking were balls through the middle for the Wolf to run on to. In the 90 mins on Saturday from my memory he got one, I think its a huge part of his game. If you are crossing balls into the box its a 50/50 chance at best with keeper/central defender...nice early ball through the middle Wolfie runs off the shoulder of the defender & Bobs ya mothers brother. We''ve seen Holt do it time & time again with no one to really  hold the ball up & feed it through he was doing everything himself, at least now we have Elmander to hold it up & for Wolfie to feed off...or am I talking out of me Rrrrrr''s?

We play like we are down to ten men every away game! and it''s started to manifest itself to home games!

Looking a the OP there are some intersting thoughts, one of which is that not one Norwich supporter can say anything bad about Hughton, he''s a really nice guy and all of us would love him to do well or even  keep him on in a different capacity, just not manager.

For me his win % in the league is something like 23.9% which in reality is not good.

His playing style is soooo boring, and his coaching must be questioned as our team lack leadership on the pithc, motivation, understadning and most important of all we look knackered after 75 minutes, our fitness is questionable.

I have said last year and when Hugton took over that Calderwoon and Tollope were not the people I wanted here and I did hope he might have brought in better quality in coaching, alas not to be.

I genuinly believe if Hughton made the changes in the backroom he might get more out of the players, as they are more then good enough at this level.

We need control on the pitch, a new leader (Bassong should be in control out on the pitch) and a team who put in the shift for teh full 90.

If Hughton moved in new coaching staff, motivated the team and made it clear everyones roles and expectations before kick off and made other teams worry about us instead of setting up catering for every other team, maybe then I could say give it 10 games, but nothing going to change, it hasn''t since last year and that''s why for me this weekend was the end.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I did intend to Lapps but I just don''t think he''s got it in his locker to improve our squad. He''s a nice guy. He''s got an eye for a player. Personally, I think he would be a very gd director of football. I certainly don''t hate him and I''d wish him all the best but for me, we are stale.[/quote]

Yeah, he''s signed some good players since he''s been here.

He spent a fair bit of money over the summer and appears to have brought in some quality but currently we look no better for it.

We''ve spent £8.5m on a striker who isn''t giving us any more than Holt would. Possibly less.

And that''s not an attack on RVW, just that we don''t look like we know how to get the best out of him.

Oh, and he missed a penalty and allowed that useless keeper to make two outstanding saves. Might as well blame him for that as well whilst we''re about it.

[quote user="ellis206"]

Here are some of the stuff the Hughton outters have been using against our manager....

Why is he only playing one up top? Negative negative negative.  Totally ignoring the fact that every team in the league plays one up top...

Why is Hughton playing two up top vs Spurs, should have only played one up top.  No win situation there

Hughton always praises the other teams. Obviously ignoring every other pre match interview with every other manager in the league who does the same. Also can''t remember Lambert getting the same stick and he was far worse for this.

5 wins in 26, not good enough.  What about the other 17 matches, why aren''t they being mentioned? Why only 26?

Please feel free to add to this ever expanding list

[/quote]

No offence but you sound incredibly thick.

[quote user="Alby"]5 wins in 26, not good enough. What about the other 17 matches, why aren''t they being mentioned? Why only 26?

> This is relegation form. ''[/quote]We earned 19 points in the second half of the season. That is not relegation form. 19 x 2 = 38. The 3rd placed team went down with 36 so 38 would have seen us safe.

That chump from "Huckerby''s Boots" excelled with his comment that Hughton weakens the team each time he makes a substitution because you always play your very best XI from the start and by substituting a player you are deliberately weakening the side.

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="Alby"]5 wins in 26, not good enough. What about the other 17 matches, why aren''t they being mentioned? Why only 26?

> This is relegation form. ''[/quote]We earned 19 points in the second half of the season. That is not relegation form. 19 x 2 = 38. The 3rd placed team went down with 36 so 38 would have seen us safe.[/quote]
4 points in 5 games this season, three of them home games, is relegation for though isn''t it?

[quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="Chip20"][quote user="Alby"]5 wins in 26, not good enough. What about the other 17 matches, why aren''t they being mentioned? Why only 26?

> This is relegation form. ''[/quote]We earned 19 points in the second half of the season. That is not relegation form. 19 x 2 = 38. The 3rd placed team went down with 36 so 38 would have seen us safe.[/quote]
4 points in 5 games this season, three of them home games, is relegation for though isn''t it?
[/quote]
It leaves us on course for 29 points. 

[quote user="Mister Chops"]That chump from "Huckerby''s Boots" excelled with his comment that Hughton weakens the team each time he makes a substitution because you always play your very best XI from the start and by substituting a player you are deliberately weakening the side.[/quote]

I''ll be kind and suggest he was drunk at the time....

[quote user="Indy"]For me his win % in the league is something like 23.9% which in reality is not good. [/quote]Er, "in reality" his win % was enough to earn 11th place in last season''s final PL table. Fair enough many don''t find the style of play appealing, but the results to date have been more than good enough to keep us in the Premier League, which is his job. If people don''t enjoy watching surely they can all find something more entertaining to occupy their time for a while? Empty seats is the only message the top brass at the club are going to listen too. Moaning at matches and grumbling on discussion fora are not going to change a thing.So many people look at ''form'' over whatever period suits their argument. The only one that matters is the form between the first and last game of any given season. Had the wins we did achieve last season been more evenly distributed very few would be questioning the results (except those in Cloud Cuckoo Land).Again, the style of play is fair game to criticise, IMO.

[quote user="The New Boy"]
It leaves us on course for 29 points. 
[/quote]Aaaarrrrrrggggh! But you are just taking a few games and extrapolating it over an entire season. Were there not surprise results last season? Have we not gained unexpected results every season you have been following the club? You cannot take a short sequence of games (whichever ones best suit your current agenda) and claim with any certainty that this ''form'' will continue right through to the final game.Look at last season. Heavy loss on opening day...that''s it; we''re doomed. Unbeaten run..., we''re gonna win the league. Lengthy period of scoring few goals (but still picking up points, by-the-way); I just can''t see where a goal is gonna come from. Who saw the goal glut against West Brom and the away win against City coming? Every doom merchant clutching his dog-eared form guide was predicting certain oblivion after that late sucker punch against Aston Villa. And yet form can change, can''t it? Surprising results happen; a stuttering team suddenly ''clicks''. People try to say we were lucky to face Man City when we did as if we were the only team in the entire division who benefited from luck or played a certain team at the ''right'' time. Every other team earned every single point while Norwich fluked half of theirs? Absolute testicles! Over the course of the season the Club (executives, players, coaches, manager, fans) earned the right to remain in the League, beating some big names along the way and finishing higher than a number of far more ''established'' clubs sporting managers with a more attack-minded philosophy. All this despite the apparently incompetent numpty at the helm. Because, of course, when things aren''t good it because of the manager and when they are going right it is in spite of him(!)The point is, we have had poor performances and disappointing results for the past two seasons and it has worked out alright in the end, despite the whingeing and moaning and gnashing of teeth in evidence on this forum whenever things aren''t going exactly the way we''d like it. Why are the doubters so reluctant to believe that the same can''t possibly; can''t conceivably, happen again.